PDA

View Full Version : Ewan McGregor - A big crybaby?

ReaperFett
Apr 10th, 2002, 01:17:27 PM
From TF.N:

Ewan McGregor (Star Wars: Episodes I & II, Black Hawk Down) has indicated that he was bitterly disappointed when he was passed over in 2000 for the lead in The Beach by director Danny Boyle, producer Andrew Macdonald and screenwriter John Hodge, whom he had worked with in three previous films, including the award-winning 1996 hit Trainspotting. In an interview due to be broadcast on the FilmFour channel (the digital outlet of Britain's Channel 4) on Saturday, McGregor implies that he was miffed when the role went to Leonardo DiCaprio instead. "It was badly handled," McGregor remarks, while going on to disclose that he has not spoken to Boyle, Macdonald or Hodge since. It was not, he maintains, simply a question of his not landing the role. "The film was almost irrelevant. It was a friendship issue, and all of those things. It was very unfortunate, and so I don't see any of them anymore, and that's a shame."

So, lets get this straght. Team that he has made 3 films with(And gave him his career break) make a film, dont cast him, so he stops talking to them. EH?

Figrin D'an
Apr 10th, 2002, 02:02:25 PM
Ewan has no reason to whine... gee, he didn't get picked for 'The Beach.' He's only gotten roles in The Phantom Menace, Moulin Rouge, Black Hawk Down, Attack of the Clones and Episode III instead.

poor little baby... :rolleyes

Charley
Apr 10th, 2002, 03:18:59 PM
Exactly.

Besides that movie sucked like a Hoover on a fission reactor.

JMK
Apr 10th, 2002, 04:01:37 PM
It sounded like he was more disappointed that his friends didn't pick him more than anything. I can't picture him in that role anyway. Maybe he was promised the role and his friends "ditched" him in favor of someone with more sex appeal. Who at the time was a bigger draw for the ladies than Leo? I do think Ewan is making too big of a deal out of nothing, but we don't know all the circumstances, do we?

sirdizzy
Apr 10th, 2002, 07:06:20 PM
he seems like a complainer star wars has made him more popular then he ever could hope and he complains about it

JMK
Apr 10th, 2002, 08:37:23 PM
I'm 50-50 on this issue. He seems like a guy who really dislikes mainstream stuff, and doesn't enjoy the spotlight so much, but then again he signs on the dotted line to portray one of the central characters in the biggest films ever made, then gets all cranky when the spotlight is shone on him.