http://www.villagephotos.com/pubimage.asp?id_=206979

I'm getting drunk!!!

Lady Vader
Apr 9th, 2002, 08:44:34 PM
O_o

Is that for real???

Sanis Prent
Apr 9th, 2002, 08:51:49 PM
if all goes well, I'll get mine this summer!

Lady Vader
Apr 9th, 2002, 08:53:08 PM
You WILL?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

When did THIS possess your mind?

And why didn't you tell me???

O_o

Shawn
Apr 9th, 2002, 08:55:03 PM
How cool. :) Come visit South Florida sometime.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 9th, 2002, 09:07:37 PM
it's so very real. Just got it today.

94 on the written test, and passed the speed test.

12 drinks under 7 minutes.

And I almost out of vodka. crapola.

Lady Vader
Apr 9th, 2002, 09:11:35 PM
I have this lil tiny bottle here of vodka, next to a bag of green tea (long story). :)

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 9th, 2002, 10:14:52 PM
well, the monarch is gone. and before any of you can say it's cheap garbage, I know it is. but I didn't buy it, so you cna't blame me. If it's here, I'll drink it.

oh wait! I forgot obout the absolut; stupid frigde, everything's too tall for me

Shawn
Apr 9th, 2002, 10:30:02 PM
o_O

Her career is going to be short-lived, if she keeps this up.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 9th, 2002, 10:32:43 PM
har har. I only do this every now and then.

eh. I don't really plan on drinking too much as it is. 3 vodka shots is enough for me. Curse my short attention span.

Sanis Prent
Apr 9th, 2002, 10:33:55 PM
Whiskey:

To hell with Jack, unless its Gentleman Jack.

3 big must-haves

Jim Beam - bread and butter. Sweet taste, distinct flavor. Excellent for mixed drinks, and a decent shot.

Crown Royal - Expensive, but VERY mild. Excellent quality. Best for mixed drinks and mixed shots

Maker's Mark - Also quite expensive. Sweet as Beam, but stronger punch. My personal favorite. Excellent in any incarnation.

And Rie...I KNOW I told you about my application at "On Tap" I told you I'd be working as a server, and the owner said he'd give me bartending training.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 9th, 2002, 10:36:47 PM
one of my instructors loves drambuie; I wanna try it sometime. Amaretto sour is my personal favorite, though.

I did learn quite a few shots the other day, too. Interesting names people come up with.

Morgan Evanar
Apr 9th, 2002, 10:39:35 PM
English whiskey owns you.

Bell's and Teachers!

Vinny Red
Apr 9th, 2002, 10:39:51 PM
I've got a good one...Little bit of banana liqueur, some kaluha and some milk and just a touch of Vodka, makes a good shot.

Lots of others up my sleeve..always wanted to be a bartended, especially after seeing Cocktail

BTW, Congrats :)

Sanis Prent
Apr 9th, 2002, 10:45:06 PM
Amaretto sours = pantydropper

This goes for sex on the beach, kamikaze, screwdriver, and buttery nipple. Chicks diggem.

There's one with blue raspberry and 151 called a flaming blue jesus. Its illegal to make in a bar here, but I've always wanted to try it.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 9th, 2002, 10:47:02 PM
Many thanks :)

youknow, the only drink I've ever used banana liqueor in was a screaming monkey.

and don't get me started on how disgusting I think the cement mixer is *shudders*

I did hear abouth this one drink, the flaming lamborghini (sp?). Looks awesome. I wanna do alot of flair, though, and extreme bartending is someting I plan on doing. gots to get me some special pour spouts, though.

Sanis Prent
Apr 9th, 2002, 11:07:16 PM
The worst shot I ever had in my life was a "Kaiser Punch". Its what you call a chain shot (several shots taken down in quick succession).

Basically, you line up four shot glasses. The first three have Jagermeister. The last....Tabasco.

I think I saw my toenails when I threw up.

Vinny Red
Apr 9th, 2002, 11:10:54 PM
Heh, sounds nasty. I can think of a few bad ones that I've done.

Cement mixer is right up there. That's just plain gross. But then you've got your prairie fires ( tequilla and tabasco sauce), or Black Death ( tequilla and Jack )

Actually I think most of the bad ones all involve tequilla. Funny how that is

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 9th, 2002, 11:19:28 PM
List of Christin's least favorite drinks:

911 - rumplemintz, jaegermeister, goldschlager

Liquid Cocaine/Silver Bullet/Screaming Nazi - jaegermeister, rumplemintz, 151 proof rum.

Black and Gold - goldschlager, jaegermeister

Surfer on Acid - malibu, jaegermeister, pineapple juice

Hot Shots - cinnamon schnapps, tobasco

and that's a small list of the nastiness I've seen. I've taken straight shots of goldschlager before; hated it to the point of insanity

Sanis Prent
Apr 9th, 2002, 11:20:05 PM
cause tequila = liquid hell. Only to be used in long islands or margaritas.

Destroy it in all other circumstances.

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 9th, 2002, 11:21:37 PM
SILancy is now the official B&G Bar tender :p

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 9th, 2002, 11:23:15 PM
*does a happy dance* :D

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 9th, 2002, 11:39:05 PM
http://pub56.ezboard.com/fgjofrm2.showMessage?topicID=1734.topic

People who have been here a while should remember this running gag I used to do :)

Sanis Prent
Apr 9th, 2002, 11:39:26 PM
Actually, cinnamon schnapps are just as bad as tequila IMO.

I ralphed mightily off a pint of lukewarm goldschlager that I chugged down :(

nasty nasty stuff.

but I remember my puke being so glittery :)

The Hunter
Apr 9th, 2002, 11:43:50 PM
I actually like Goldschlager. And Aftershock. In fact, cinammon schnapps is about the only type of alcohol I like. :|

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 9th, 2002, 11:44:00 PM
LOL!!!

goldschlager just reminds me of robitussin; and I still have nightmares about that nasty nasty medicine. Been at least seven years since I've had any, and I still get chills just thinking about it.

Sanis Prent
Apr 9th, 2002, 11:46:42 PM
Nah, it just reminds me of mouthwash. Anybody remember Act Mouthwash...the one with the squeeze bottle that automatically filled a serving top thing.

Thats what cinnamon schnapps taste like. Good for rinsing my mouth out. Bad for drinking. Blech!

Oh and I remembered...I have a use for tequila, so I can't throw away my Cuervo just yet.

Tequila = excellent for grilling chicken

Vinny Red
Apr 9th, 2002, 11:50:20 PM
I had a friend who had a rough night with the Goldschlager. He still has the golden shoes to remind him of that night too

Anyone ever have that Fireball Whisky?? Tastes like Cinnamon hearts, going down, so imagine what it's like coming back up....

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 9th, 2002, 11:50:54 PM
hmmm, I should try that. of course it would help if I knew how to cook.

a meal for me is usually a coupla packs of ramen. Translation, flavored sawdust.

Though I can make a really good spaghetti sauce, and I also know how to make crepes. In theory, anyways.

Sanis Prent
Apr 9th, 2002, 11:56:40 PM
ACK NO!

I have never eaten Ramen and I never will.

My love is cooking. Its one of those things I could do every day of my life and die a happy man.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 10th, 2002, 12:00:47 AM
necessity breeds desperation, or however that goes; I don't know.

You'd think growing up in an Italian family I'd learn something, no?

Charley, you have a home with me if ever you decide to come to Seattle.

Vinny Red
Apr 10th, 2002, 12:07:45 AM
Whoo Hoo! fellow Italian! I'm not alone!

As long as you've got that Pasta sauce down, giddy up, you're good to go

Lady Vader
Apr 10th, 2002, 12:20:50 AM
Oh yeah... doh... ok, I remember now, Charley. Momentary lapse of memory... (Momentary?? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!!! Try like ALL THE FREAKIN TIME!) :lol

I had sex on the beach once... what? why is everyone looking at me funny? O_o NO! NOT THAT WAY! :verymad I had the DRINK called sex on the beach! SHEESH!!!! :rolleyes

As a matter of fact, Charley was present when I asked for it. he recommended it... the drink, that is. Guh... I'm gonna shut up now before this ends up sounding even worse. |I

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 10th, 2002, 12:23:48 AM
I'm also Irish :)

Sanis Prent
Apr 10th, 2002, 12:29:50 AM
English/Irish/Scottish/Dutch/German/Polish/Italian/Hispanic/Cherokee/Creek/Chinese :)

Vinny Red
Apr 10th, 2002, 12:34:51 AM
I'm Scitalian

Scottish/Italian

Lady Vader
Apr 10th, 2002, 12:35:08 AM
*Looks at Sanis*

Mutt. ;)

I am:

Half Spanish (Cuban)

Quarter Irish

Quarter Lebanese

(Hmmm... with that combo, it would explain why my temper is so volitile. :p)

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 10th, 2002, 12:48:14 AM
lol, LV!

Anyways, vodka+empty stomach=weird me.

I'm gonna find some food. I'm out of ramen though, so I'm gonna have to come up with something creative.

Let's see here, tortilla chips, barbeque sauce, a slice of bread, and couscous. What would MacGuyver do?

Azure Regalia
Apr 10th, 2002, 01:03:17 AM
:lol

He'd probably use a paper clip to slice the bread and then do some other nifty thing with said paper clip you didn't think possible. :p

Cirrsseeto Quez
Apr 10th, 2002, 01:10:23 AM
I ate crispix + fake spray butter

it was good.

Also good is fat free popcorn + tony chachere's creole seasoning

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 10th, 2002, 01:15:44 AM
spaghettios right out of the can is one of my favorites.

and so is lobster and a nice rare steak.

*likes her meat bleeding*

Cirrsseeto Quez
Apr 10th, 2002, 01:19:11 AM
=^,,^=

(tosses sIlancy over shoulder to carry home with him)

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 10th, 2002, 01:25:19 AM
*smiles happily*

wait, what are you planning to do with me?

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 10th, 2002, 01:47:14 AM
Aussie all the way.

Hmmm... ever eaten cat food? Quite nice on toast.

Figrin D'an
Apr 10th, 2002, 01:58:28 AM
Me = 50% Norwegian, 25% English, 25% German

I love to cook as well... when I have the time... :\
I actually thought about culinary school for a while....

... and if you want a powerful, but tasty drink, try a Baltimore Zoo. :smokin

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 10th, 2002, 02:13:11 AM
If you want something akin to cat whizz.... Fosters. There's a reason Australia exports that stuff

Morgan Evanar
Apr 10th, 2002, 09:27:51 AM
I'm sorry, but Fosters is a decent beer compared to Budwiser or Coors.

Gimme Amber Bock.

Cirrsseeto Quez
Apr 10th, 2002, 09:35:34 AM
(flushes that pseudobitter down the toilet)

Why not killians or guinness instead? I can understand some people not liking true guinness (its a unique taste I guess), but killians should be a crowd pleaser. I used to hate it, but my taste in beer started gravitating toward bitter ales, reds, and stouts...so its becoming a pleaser.

As for your plain, straight-up draft....I can find nothing that competes with Sapporo.

Fancy that. Japanese beer. German engineered. :)

Gav Mortis
Apr 10th, 2002, 09:49:52 AM
I've always enjoyed a good pint of Heineken myself, Budweiser is a good beer IMO, I'd rather be elitist and claim some other, less well known beer is much better but I'm not a connosieur of beers, I just stick to what I like. :)

My drink is a double Southern Comfort on the rocks, although I'm under orders to try a good glass of Jim Beam sometime. Perhaps this Saturday, speaking of which, I will be having my first glass of Mari Mayan's. Yay! :D

Cirrsseeto Quez
Apr 10th, 2002, 10:23:38 AM
If you're a double on the rocks guy, might also wanna hit Makers Mark or Gentleman Jack. Those are exceptionally good taken straight like that.

Makers can be a bit stout though, so be forewarned :)

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 10th, 2002, 10:46:56 AM
I've heard that Strongbow ale is really good, though there's not really a place up here where I am that sells it.

Kiattaarra Feessaarro
Apr 10th, 2002, 10:50:38 AM
:lol

Reading this thread, I realize how absolutely CLUELESS I am about most of the tastes of the beers and whatnots you guys have mentioned. Hell, I've never really been tipsy (cept maybe once, about a year ago, but I wasn't wobbling about... more like sleeping on my feet). And I've NEVER been drunk. :p

I myself have found I can't really drink too much of flat wines. They give me horrid tummy aches, and sometimes headaches (something to do with some ingredient in the wine making *shrugs*). I like mixed stuffs and bubbly drinks (champaign or asti (I think that's how it's spelled)).

Figrin D'an
Apr 11th, 2002, 01:51:29 AM
I can't stand Budweiser or Coors... :x

The only American macrobrew that I can stomach is Miller.... even then, I don't touch it that much.

Sam Adams is good.. I guess that can be considered a macrobrew. I find myself ordering it when the choices are limited, and it hasn't disappointed me at all.

Killians is great... love the Irish Red. :)

Heineken is pretty good...

Leinenkugels rules... but most of you probably have never heard of it.

Hacker-Pschorr Weisse is a great light/medium beer.

Charley
Apr 11th, 2002, 01:58:55 AM
Miller?

MILLER???!!??

(Draws and quarters Figrin)

YUCK!

Figrin D'an
Apr 11th, 2002, 02:10:56 AM
Like I said... I don't touch it that much...

and it's better than Budweiser and Coors.

Although all three are pretty pathetic...

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 11th, 2002, 02:12:28 AM
Asahi Dry. Pretty much the only beer I'll drink.

It's either that or Ichiban; yet another Japanese beer.

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 11th, 2002, 02:18:54 AM
Even Fosters is better than Coors or Budweiser.

That's saying something

Novi Paran
Apr 11th, 2002, 02:19:43 AM
hmmmm... here in the burbs, we usually like our alcohol in quantity... Mickey's Big Mouth and Budweiser. Along with some Jim Beam, Jose Cuervo, and Jack Daniels.

Sanis Prent
Apr 11th, 2002, 09:18:49 AM
Bud is alright. Not exceptional, but a good staple. Coors, however, does indeed suck.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 11th, 2002, 12:41:08 PM
The first beer I ever had was a Coors. I think I was 11. There's this beer at a microbrewery restaurant called Gordon Beirsch up here that's absolutely great. On the menu it's called a Marzen, and if my memory serves me correctly, it's a house brew. Wonderful stuff.

I was 19 when I had that. Along with a shot of JD, and an amaretto sour. I still remember watching Battlefield Earth after that and thinking it was the stupidest movie ever. And I love bad scifi.

Mike's Hard Lemonade is ok, but I really can't stand that Hard Raspberry Iced Tea crap.

Charley
Apr 11th, 2002, 01:11:57 PM
if you like ciders (and only some do), theres a really great one that is hard to find...called "Cider Jack"

I love it.

Morgan Evanar
Apr 11th, 2002, 04:12:30 PM
I disagree with your opinion on budwiser. Its a lousy ANYTHING. Yuck.

Charley
Apr 11th, 2002, 04:22:04 PM
No. I will show you bad beer. Trust me, Bud is average.

Morgan Evanar
Apr 11th, 2002, 05:00:35 PM
What, like Natty? =p

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 11th, 2002, 05:04:51 PM
If it's worse than Bud, it must like a liquid dump

Charley
Apr 11th, 2002, 05:06:40 PM
Miller, Natty, the Beast, Busch, Coors, Warsteiner, and a few others.

Damon Strand
Apr 11th, 2002, 05:08:35 PM
I ain't too picky about my liquor but yes there is some stuff I would never touch!!!

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 11th, 2002, 09:53:36 PM
I just got a new shaker! :D

Tevit gave it to me, it's so cool!!!!! It came in a set; all chrome and fancy-like.

*does yet another happy dance*

Sanis Prent
Apr 11th, 2002, 11:12:44 PM
Yeah, my buddy Chet has a set like that.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 12th, 2002, 02:26:42 AM
Ahem, Battlefield Earth DID suck.

And I like Midori Sours, Long Island Ice Tea, Sex on the Beach (bring a blanket if you don't like sand in places you don't want to think about!), AMF (Adios Mother F**ker..dont' remember whats in it, but there's a lot of it!)....hmmm Fuzzy Navels are good too, but only as a drink, not a real fuzzy navel, that's gross.

Never really had tequila, but I like vodka. Peppermint schnapps almost took the enamel off my teeth once... :p That stuff is STRONG! I think my nose hairs curled when I drank it!

And I am such a lightweight it isn't even funny. In May, I will probably demonstrate my ability to laugh at anything and everything when under the influence. Or, maybe I won't. Only if other people are getting stupid too. :D

Charley
Apr 12th, 2002, 02:30:32 AM
(buys a liter of Makers Mark to share with LD)

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 12th, 2002, 02:37:47 AM
*is ashamed that she actually went to the theatre to see BE*

at least I was somewhat drunk when I saw it; my senses were a little dulled to the horrendousness of it. My friend and I spent most of the movie throwing things back and forth and flirting horribly with each other as it was.

Loki Ahmrah
Apr 12th, 2002, 09:13:00 AM
I really don't see the point in all that tequila nonsense, I've never enjoyed it. Drinking is drinking; not licking, swallowing and sucking - has just realised when a bird offers him a "Tequila Slammer" she isn't talking about a drink :eek - but drinking tequila requires far too much effort as far as I am concerned - plus they have no taste, the effort must distract you from the taste. I'm sure it's water.

But I get me absinthe tomorrow! Yay! :)

Anbira Hicchoru
Apr 12th, 2002, 09:55:34 AM
Gav, join me in the Tequila hater's club :D

Gav Mortis
Apr 12th, 2002, 12:02:42 PM
Join it? I'm one of the founders. :)

It's quite funny you saying that with a Count Dooku avatar, I can see it now:

"Join me Obi-Wan, and together we can destroy the tequila!"

Charley
Apr 12th, 2002, 12:04:31 PM
(Lego Dooku dives into the bottle of Cuervo, impaling the worm on his curved lightsaber)

Arya Ravenwing
Apr 12th, 2002, 12:13:49 PM
I bet I don't like Maker's Mark. :D Mebbe, though.