PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Holiday Special

sirdizzy
Apr 8th, 2002, 07:54:37 AM
God bless morpheus i have wanted to see this for many years

and oh my god its shockingly bad in a distrurbing and funny way hehe

darth_mcbain
Apr 8th, 2002, 08:10:22 AM
So I take it you got it and you don't need me to send it to you anymore... Terrible, isn't it? Did you actually watch the whole thing? I couldn't. I watched most, but I fast forwarded through some sections.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 8th, 2002, 11:25:41 AM
Is the only decent part the cartoon which Boba fett appears for the first time? From what I have read about it that seems to be the only thing watchable.

darth_mcbain
Apr 8th, 2002, 11:35:17 AM
That's about it, and I would debate that too as being pretty cheesy... I like the very beginning where they introduce the characters, where Bea Arthur (YEAH BUFF) sings the Cantina song, and where Carrie Fisher sings the Star Wars song... When I say I "like" those parts, it is because they are so cheesy they are actually kinda funny. The rest I found really painful to watch.

BUFFJEDI
Apr 8th, 2002, 12:19:22 PM
It's Ok Mcbain, you can Admit you Love Bea Too!!;)

I really did/do Like the Holiday special.Yeah it is as chessy as they come BUT it is still SW.It's great to see Chewie's home world and family.Just if you warch it take it for what it is .Do not expect the sw quility of the films Just enjoy the SW family in good clean fun.

darth_mcbain
Apr 8th, 2002, 12:22:43 PM
Originally posted by Ravishing Jedi
It's Ok Mcbain, you can Admit you Love Bea Too!!;)

Hey dude, she's all yours... You won't be getting any competition from me...

JMK
Apr 8th, 2002, 12:33:36 PM
What a thread. The SW Holiday Special, and talk about the beastly Bea Arthur. I have half a mind to close this thread. ;)

Jinn Fizz
Apr 8th, 2002, 02:00:14 PM
Ah, the SW Holiday Special...Mark Hamill with way too much eye makeup on, Harrison Ford looking totally embarrassed, Carrie Fisher singing the Life Day song to the music from the main theme.... :x

I finally got a copy of it late last year, it's great for totally cheesy and horrifying bad entertainment. Perhaps the worst moment is seeing old Itchy getting so turned on by a singing hologram :x.

The Boba Fett cartoon is great, though. And of course, buffjedi can totally get his Bea Arthur fix mixed in with his SW fix...what more could he possibly want? :lol

sirdizzy
Apr 8th, 2002, 03:45:14 PM
LOL the boba fett cartoon had to be a lowpint in cartoon animation i think they hired a blind man to pencil it and a 3 year old to write the dialogue but it still cracked me up hehe

ReaperFett
Apr 9th, 2002, 08:16:12 AM
The cartoon wasnt THAT bad. But thats it :)

sirdizzy
Apr 9th, 2002, 08:33:46 AM
yes it was the droids cartoons now look like masterpieces :D:D:D

ReaperFett
Apr 9th, 2002, 09:58:27 AM
They were funny :)

I remember R2 falling in love with a pink R2 unit :)

Not a patch on Ewoks though :)

darth_mcbain
Apr 9th, 2002, 10:40:48 AM
For those of you who won't listen to our warnings and still want to view the holiday special, you can download it from here...

Thanks to Pizza the Hutt for helping me find the link

http://www.x-entertainment.com/movies/swholidayspecial.rm

imported_QuiGonJ
Apr 9th, 2002, 11:31:50 AM
I still liked Art Carney in it though. I will always think of him as the first EU character.

Doc Milo
Apr 9th, 2002, 12:30:37 PM
Thanks for the link, McBain (I think!) I just started watching it now. 12 minutes into it, and there is finally the first word of english spoken! Man, this is horrible! I hope it doesn't crash my computer.

JMK
Apr 9th, 2002, 12:40:08 PM
No wonder there's black clouds everywhere! Someone is watching the Holiday Special!

darth_mcbain
Apr 9th, 2002, 12:52:49 PM
"There is a great disturbance in the Force."

>> "I have felt it."

"We have a new enemy - the Star Wars Holiday Special."

>> "Yes, my Master"

"It could destroy us."

>> "It is only a stupid TV special. George Lucas can no longer help it."

"The Force is strong with it. The Holiday Special must not be re-released."

>> "If it could be turned into a good film, it could be a powerful ally."

"Yes... Yes... It would be a great asset... Can it be done?"

>> "Actually, I was hypothetically speaking, my master. I don't think it can be turned."

"So be it... Holiday Special... If it cannot be turned, it must be destroyed. **Uses Force Lightning to destroy the Holiday Special forever**"

sirdizzy
Apr 9th, 2002, 02:01:22 PM
LOL long live really bad star wars specials

JMK
Apr 9th, 2002, 03:04:37 PM
That thing should be wiped from existence forever, and no acknowledgement of its existence should ever be made.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 9th, 2002, 08:45:06 PM
I have always wondered how Lucas ever allowed it to be made in the first place, I guess he was too busy working on TESB to really care about it.

JMK
Apr 9th, 2002, 08:55:19 PM
Maybe someone told him it would be a fun, light-hearted piece of star wars lore.

What a mistake it was to say ok. Can you imagine being Bea Arthur or Art Carney though? Able to say that they're part of the Star Wars galaxy?

The most shameful thing about the Holiday Special? I don't know, it's a toss-up between making Mark Hamill look like David Bowie, or turning Carrie Fisher into Mary Poppins.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 9th, 2002, 11:46:37 PM
Actually there is a worse SW special the Donny and Marie Osmand special that was horrid, I have seen parts of it on theforce.net and it goes from the holiday special of Having Bea Arthur and Art carney to Osmand having Red Sanford (playing a weird Jedi Knight) and Paul Lynne as some Imperial Admiral, somebody else was in it impersonating Han but I can't remember who but all I know is believe me it sounded 20x worse.

Doc Milo
Apr 10th, 2002, 09:52:14 AM
Official LucasFilm Alert: The Holiday Special has just been classified as canon!

>D

:smokin

just kidding :)

sirdizzy
Apr 10th, 2002, 10:38:33 AM
its star wars every single star wars fan should watch it once