PDA

View Full Version : Moderator Voting

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 6th, 2002, 11:08:32 PM
I guess everybody knows we have lost David (Champion of the Force) as an Administrator so now we need one more moderator. Reaper has joined up but he is also a mod over at the Roleplaying forum and with the added traffic that will be coming we feel we need one more Mod for this section

Same routine - moderators are expected to monitor their relevant sections (in this case, the SW section) and ensure everything is running along in accordance with the rules and guidelines set out. You don't need any special skills or anything to do the job, however nominees should be around fairly regularly to do the job (I would estimate *at least* 4-5 times a week if not more) and also have been around a while so they know how the board functions & know the tendencies and personalities of the members.

Hope that's all clear. Nominate away :)

BUFFJEDI
Apr 6th, 2002, 11:41:30 PM
oopss

BUFFJEDI
Apr 6th, 2002, 11:44:23 PM
1. Doc Milo
2. Darth McBain
3. JediEb(s)

Those are My top Pic's BUT I know they can't or will not at the Moment.
so

I say

Marcus: I would have Nom'd him last time if I had know he was Turbo (he is/was turbo geek rightO_o

2. Jon. Our every loving critic

3.Hart : he has been around lately right??

4.CMJ: although I think he gave up his power awhile back

5. Ravishing JEDI :) :) :) :) . Yes he is and Idiot but he would do his best to make readable and MATURE posts as a mod.;) ONLY as a Mod.:D

JMK
Apr 6th, 2002, 11:46:18 PM
I'm throwing my vote to CMJ due to his past experience as an admin/mod.

Shawn
Apr 7th, 2002, 12:48:54 AM
I think Hart would make a good mod, but I don't think he's around enough.

sirdizzy
Apr 7th, 2002, 01:10:27 AM
who do you have to have sex with though

i already feel dirty

JonathanLB
Apr 7th, 2002, 02:16:02 AM
I pretty much think anyone here who posts frequently would make a good moderator because the main thing you have to worry about with a forum like this is new people who come here and just need the rules explained to them properly or making sure that with the addition of new posters, there aren't any explosive situations and whatnot. There will be many new people come this summer, and with AOTC I mean (not technically summer, hehe).

CMJ of course would make a great moderator, I somehow thought he was already, well anyhow, he does seem to be on plenty enough but I don't know if he is interested.

I think most anyone here would be good, except for Dutchy. LOL, j/k. ;) But he's not here as much. :D

CMJ
Apr 7th, 2002, 01:09:57 PM
Yeah I was both a moderator and an administrator some time ago. I think I held the positions for maybe a year(can't remember). I've just been a regular poster now for a while(at least a year I believe). I was contacted about the possibility of taking on one of the jobs again, and it is indeed an honor that a few of you have mentioned me as well.

I will tell you all that there is a possibility I might get a internship/job with Sundance films in May and June. I'd be gone for a month or so. This is not a highly likely scenario(like over a thousand ppl like myself are trying to get 6 spots) but it was something I thought I should tell all of you. Just wanted to make sure you guys weren't mad if I suddenly "disappeared" for awhile.

JMK
Apr 7th, 2002, 05:45:37 PM
Well, I think that your experience in the job would be indispensible, and as long as you let us know that you were leaving, that would be fine.

Jedieb
Apr 7th, 2002, 08:05:35 PM
I second CMJ, I think he'd make an excellent choice. If someone could get buff a built in spell checker he'd make a great choice as well!

JonathanLB
Apr 7th, 2002, 08:14:56 PM
Buff may not be able to spel good (hehe), but he can kick some butt ;)

That swear filter is really idiotic. Last time I checked saying butt by spelling it: A-R-S-E was not a swear word...

Admiral Lebron
Apr 7th, 2002, 08:39:04 PM
Isn't there a spell check? :p

Jinn Fizz
Apr 7th, 2002, 09:12:42 PM
I think CMJ would be an excellent choice :)

BUFFJEDI
Apr 7th, 2002, 09:49:41 PM
:lol :lol Eb(s) you kill me

Thear is A spill chek??

:lol I really CAN kick some butt !!!! Just ask any 3rd grader I know:D

Doc Milo
Apr 7th, 2002, 11:45:49 PM
I'd place my vote with either CMJ or Buff. Both would make excellent mods. In fact, I say they combine -- CMJ the brains, Buff the brawn! :)

CMJ
Apr 8th, 2002, 08:59:33 AM
LOL Doc Milo! How'd you know I was a skinny wimp? ;)

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 8th, 2002, 11:01:58 PM
I figured there was no point in dragging this out so I moved it here, it looks like most think CMJ is the best choice, and no other person who was nominated except Buff (Ravishing Jedi) really seemed to want it: Marcus, who has turned down one before, Hart is never hardly here, Jon, we don't want, and Darth Mcbain, doesn't seemed to be interested either.
Now Buff, I am not sure about, I just remember that huge fight he had with Jon, both of them were responsible for it and I (wasn't a mod at the time) was around and stopped it with some help from another poster not sure who (maybe it was you JMK, just can't remember off hand). Still I am not sure if Buff can do it, I would rather wait on him especially considering we are going to have to have somebody quick with the traffic about to increase big time and CMJ does have experience and is willing . I guess its time for a vote.

TheHolo.Net
Apr 9th, 2002, 03:40:00 AM
I'll vote CMJ

JMK
Apr 9th, 2002, 07:14:02 AM
Likewise. It's the obvious choice at this point.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 9th, 2002, 10:36:05 AM
I think he is the best person for the job as well.

JMK
Apr 9th, 2002, 11:11:43 AM
Oh yeah, that too. ;)

TheHolo.Net
Apr 9th, 2002, 12:55:14 PM
I'm in the process of making the arrangements/modifications to his profile and the FAQ that will make him a moderator. :)

TheHolo.Net
Apr 9th, 2002, 01:00:43 PM
All done. Would someone who already moderates the section like to make the announcement?

TheHolo.Net
Apr 9th, 2002, 01:26:29 PM
Eh, I went ahead and made the announcement.

CMJ
Apr 11th, 2002, 09:37:58 AM
I must say it's pretty interesting to read these kind of threads, to see how the decision came about. :)

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 11th, 2002, 11:10:01 AM
I am glad we didn't say anything bad :)

CMJ
Apr 11th, 2002, 11:13:48 AM
LOL, that woulda been hilarious! If you guys had been dogging me or something... Just remember if Jonathan ever gets moderator, then alot of threads need deletion. ;)

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 11th, 2002, 11:39:17 AM
If Jon ever got it we be doing a lot of remodling:lol But seriously I don't see Jon ever being approved for the postition.

JMK
Apr 11th, 2002, 01:35:56 PM
Nope, he'll never get my vote until he grows up and stops acting like his opinion is gospel.