PDA

View Full Version : Old news, or no news?

BUFFJEDI
Apr 6th, 2002, 11:54:31 AM
I just read that Terrance Stamp will not return as Chan.Valurom.Due to not getting along with other actors in Ep 1.Anyone know if this is true or not.

what I'd like to have now is,all you Fat ,out of shape Starwars geeks,To keep the noise down while I take my Jedi robe off.And show all the ladies what a real man is supposed to look like.s

Doc Milo
Apr 6th, 2002, 12:10:28 PM
I haven't heard anything like that. I thought there would be no reason to have Valorum as a character -- his part basically is concluded in TPM...

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 6th, 2002, 12:26:06 PM
I remember hearing he didn't like working with blue screen and probably won't appear in any other movies like that. Really though I agree with Doc there is no purpose for his character after TPM.

ReaperFett
Apr 6th, 2002, 03:26:29 PM
He had problems with how he was treated(for example, he never met Natalie Portman, his lines were to a blue screen). Same with Panaka and Olié

JMK
Apr 6th, 2002, 03:32:56 PM
Yeah, no one likes talking to a mop head with a paper plate attached to it with eyes and mouth drawn in marker. This is what Valorum had to deal with. Poor lad. To have him back in AotC is dumb. There will be enough characters to meet without having to deal with useless, disposed chancellors.

BUFFJEDI
Apr 6th, 2002, 03:35:02 PM
That sounds Like Crazy reasons Not to want to be in a blockbuster movie yet alone a SW movie :(What I'd like to have now is, For all you Fat,out of shape StarWars geeks to keep the noise down while I take my Jedi Robe off and show the ladies what a real man is supposed to look like.

ReaperFett
Apr 6th, 2002, 05:25:20 PM
I think to have an actor of Stamp's quality can only improve a film.

BUFFJEDI
Apr 6th, 2002, 05:50:59 PM
I totally agree with that,Even super man 2 was improved with him in it.

JMK
Apr 6th, 2002, 06:10:23 PM
Yeah, but what good is an actor working in "crap" conditions? A great actor can be wasted if he doesn't have a good role that carries a significant weight in the film. Valorum's role would be negligible.

BUFFJEDI
Apr 6th, 2002, 07:08:07 PM
Crap , conditions Star Wars??O_o

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 6th, 2002, 07:10:59 PM
I found the perfect place for him though I read there would be a bar/nightclub scene and maybe they could though him there showing the greater former chancellor is now a drunk :P

ReaperFett
Apr 6th, 2002, 07:15:12 PM
Some bloke: "Senator Palpatine has taken power! What shall we do?"

Valorum: "Tell them I'M coming!!!"

THats wasted on you if you havent seen The Limey :)

JMK
Apr 6th, 2002, 07:40:27 PM
See? That's what I mean. The Limey was a cool movie for Stamp because he had the lead and an interesting story to carry him through. I'm not saying that TPM is uninteresting, but as far as Stamp was concerned, I think he was hoping for a little more positive experience from being the leader of the galaxy in the biggest movie franchise of all time. I didn't mean that the conditions of working on the set of Star Wars were crap (hence the reason I used quotation marks! :p ) but to someone like Stamp who has been around for so long, talking to a mop surrounded by blue walls would have been irrititating.

BUFFJEDI
Apr 6th, 2002, 08:18:27 PM
The Ravishing One No understand Quotation marks:D (how long have I been here??JMK ??;)

I thought Stamp was great in Pracilla .Great range for a great actor or is it :huh

Whats the Limey?

ReaperFett
Apr 6th, 2002, 08:20:01 PM
Soderburgh film, 1999