PDA

View Full Version : If I may ask...

Xanatos Etanial
Apr 5th, 2002, 10:16:40 PM
Though I certainly don't agree with it, (As I said in a different thread I'm not going to get into it though) I accept that Dreyas is banned because he was banned at the old board.

But would an Admin please explain the point of locking his threads? Not a single thing was said in any of those that deserved a locking in any way whatsoever other than the auther was rebanned over a past offense. In fact several of them had some rather good RP suggestions.

Christ, Gue's compendium was allowed to stay open. I must say, I am rather disappointed in the admin(s) responsible for the locking. Really now, that's just immature.

TheHolo.Net
Apr 5th, 2002, 11:54:53 PM
Gue’s case was entirely different considering he did nothing to cause himself to be banned except request it seriously, while including a threat. Sanis already explained Dreyas’ banning so you understand that.

Do you wish top present a good reason as to why those topics should be reopened?

If you have good reason to have them opened then I will open them, but as it is I really see no point to having three threads (all of which were started in the wrong forum and subsequently moved to the correct one), two saying hello more or less, and one that was in regards to Dreyas’ starting a group, need be opened since he is not a member of this community.

Shawn
Apr 6th, 2002, 04:56:01 AM
The thread was locked to prevent exactly these types of discussions. His banning, nor anyone else's, is not subject to appeal.

In Gue's case, there obviously wasn't going to be any requests for an appeal because he asked to be banned.

Xanatos Etanial
Apr 6th, 2002, 11:11:12 AM
I'm not asking for his bannishment to be lifted, I'm not even DISCUSSING that topic, I didn't bring that up.

I can understand locking his "Hello" thread. But the other two were RP suggestions, one was for a bounty hunting group, and while true the person who was starting it IS banned, I think that people may want to discuss the idea of forming such a group.

The second was this one: http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12791

Where he outlined a few RP suggestions that I personally think should be looked at and considered.

I see no reason for those threads to be locked. As they do raise some interesting ideas.

TheHolo.Net
Apr 6th, 2002, 02:11:12 PM
Alrighty, that one is re-opened.

Xanatos Etanial
Apr 6th, 2002, 02:20:41 PM
Thank you for being expediant, considerate and taking me seriously. It is greatly appreciated.