PDA

View Full Version : New Ideas!

Bounty Hunter Dreyas
Apr 4th, 2002, 01:15:22 PM
Hello again. Tis me. And I was thinking about this

If i'm coming back, I'd like to put in some older ideas that the members had back a few years ago. - One of which is the idea of credits - a shop topic maybe, or a few if you like, for REAL exchanges of weapons, not just always having inifnite of everything all the time. - like more of an RPG then a never-ending story, you know? More Multi-battles, like the ones we had back then. I can't stand the "I challenge one guy and only one guy to a battle crap". C'mon. Make it interesting, get a whole war going on! And another thing, where the hell are all my old peeps at?

Seerrasseei Tsseerra
Apr 4th, 2002, 01:23:19 PM
*wonders why BHD has a dog in his avator* (this is Videl, btw)

imported_Firebird1
Apr 4th, 2002, 06:14:43 PM
I know that a lot of people have dissapeared from here, I don't know what happened to them....

Admiral Lebron
Apr 4th, 2002, 06:44:14 PM
A lot of people have moved to new places or changed names. Personally, our last attempt two attempts to start wars have ended shortly through not-exactly-what-I'd-call-honorable-means.

Gav Mortis
Apr 4th, 2002, 06:57:12 PM
I have extreme deja-vu about this thread and that for some reason it escalates into some big flame war - to calm my paranoia and psyche (:)) - please exercise caution from now on.

Wierd mode: off.

:)

We have two threads currently going in the roleplaying forum that uphold the very ideals your talking about, Dreyas, here's the links:

http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12466

http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12675

I've noticed a good trend as of late:

a) More people are getting more enjoyment out of roleplaying.
b) More people are becoming less tolerant or completely intolerant to OOC crap, and:
c) Roleplayers are becoming more trust-worthy and many can be trusted to roleplay in a believeable fashion, so no one has loads of everything, etc.

So "Yay!" for SWFans/SWforums...I say Fans by default, but I dunno whether or not it should be referred to as Forums.

Champion of the Force
Apr 4th, 2002, 07:04:10 PM
I say Fans by default, but I dunno whether or not it should be referred to as Forums.
Our URL says Forums ...

... but our title says Fans.

So you're probably ok with either name. :)

Gav Mortis
Apr 4th, 2002, 07:15:37 PM
Ooh, actually the title says both! Clever. :)

Charley
Apr 4th, 2002, 07:55:01 PM
Dreyas, the bounty hunting scene isn't quite as ripe for the picking as it was when you were last here :)

Bounty Hunter Dreyas
Apr 4th, 2002, 09:48:09 PM
It's awesome that everyone's here again. I might come on and see what's around, just for fun for awhile.

Xanatos Etanial
Apr 6th, 2002, 02:23:54 PM
I think the Credit idea bares considering, I'm rather tired of people pulling credits out of thin air with no reason whatsoever for having them. It pretty much elimates the entire use for Bounty Hunter's other than as plot devices.

Charley
Apr 6th, 2002, 03:12:27 PM
well, then you turn Bounty Hunting into something more akin to fleet RP, and nobody wants that.

Its not too hard to play with common sense. In the FAQ, it tells n00bs not to come out as badasses, cause they won't be taken seriously. Thus, if a n00b comes out decked in cortosis-covered mandalorian armor, with a cloaking device and a disruptor...there's enough common sense to tell him that he can't do that. Yes, its undefined...but people can generally tell whats reasonable from what is ridiculous. Its much better than going by a credit system, and having to keep an accounting book in order to RP, IMO.

Chaos Alexander
Apr 6th, 2002, 03:45:05 PM
The credits are strange. I just say Verse and Chaos have a V-Wing and little else. They buy things very little sence they are "nature" people. The most I went out witj was Chaos's robotic arm. That can be done because Luke has a hand.