PDA

View Full Version : Attack of the Pikmin

Saarrreeaa Meorrrei
Apr 4th, 2002, 02:33:58 AM
If anyone remembers Banestone of TSC/TSO - or even if you don't, click on this link to view his latest masterpiece:

http://www.nintendominion.com/Jai/gv/signature.gif

:D

Novi Paran
Apr 4th, 2002, 04:08:24 AM
Uh-huh... that was cute, almost as adorable as one of those female cizerwhatchamacallits! *LMAO*

Seerrasseei Tsseerra
Apr 4th, 2002, 10:33:22 AM
cute...mew? what now?

Lady Vader
Apr 4th, 2002, 10:59:24 AM
:lol

Cute, but somehow I expected to see this "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!" right after Pikmin Maul scewered Pikmin Qui-Gon.

Live Wire
Apr 4th, 2002, 12:24:05 PM
lol that is too cute

Novi Paran
Apr 4th, 2002, 03:28:12 PM
No, these days it is YEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! As a jaded Maul fan whom tired of this overmarketed EP.1 icon. His face was plastered everywhere. Nearly drove me insane. Anyways, Darth Vader was awesome and will ALWAYS remain awesome but the same tact didn't work well on Maul personally. He lost some of mystique. :lol

o_O

Shawn
Apr 4th, 2002, 05:30:11 PM
Well, Vader was an imposing figure. He was no acrobat, and he didn't have lightning fast combat moves, but his very presence instilled fear and awe. You did not displease him... it was as simple as that. He had the "I can kill you just by looking at you" presence to him. Maul was just... a cool looking guy with a lightsabre. He had the potential to be just as great a character, but his utter lack of dialogue ruined it.

Darven Calmoarn
Apr 5th, 2002, 01:37:50 AM
A very good point, Shawn. Maul didn't have many lines. I think thats why the lightsaber duel seemed...well so much better. There was no "I am your father" dialogue in between saber slashes.

Must faster paced, but didn't do much for his character.

Novi Paran
Apr 5th, 2002, 02:00:33 AM
I agree.

The way Lucas designed Maul like he was nothing but Sidious' heavy... an assassin nothing deeper. So he basically followed all the movie-land stereotypes associated with assassins and we never were treated to anything above that. Just an no questions asked, kill'em all sith yes-man.

Whereas Vader was a much more developed character with desires, ambitions, and emotions. In fact, the SW movies is as much as a story about the Skywalkers as it is a space opera about good and evil.