PDA

View Full Version : Admins - Page rendering problems using Opera

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 3rd, 2002, 06:24:14 PM
Quick one - tables dont render correctly when your looking at a thread. You see one large table, then a smaller one. This is in threads only, not the forums. It looks pretty weird.

Champion of the Force
Apr 3rd, 2002, 06:42:30 PM
Yeah I think problems with Opera have been noted in the past.

I think Ogre and Shawn have concentrated on optimising for Netscape and IE, considering that 99.3% of forum visitors use either of those browsers.

Champion of the Force
Apr 3rd, 2002, 06:56:24 PM
Moved to Communications.

Shawn
Apr 3rd, 2002, 08:29:37 PM
Have you also tried different styles? The Portal style doesn't seem to be very multi-browser friendly. Try one of the Star Wars styles.

TheHolo.Net
Apr 4th, 2002, 02:45:43 PM
I'll have a look at the topic display HTML, but I think Shawn's suggestion of trying a different style for that broswer is probably the best solution. As I recall when first implementing the Portal/Default style, CotF brought up the fact it didn't display well in the Opera browser and I already tried to clean up the HTML with no success in fixing the issues.

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 4th, 2002, 08:42:14 PM
Definantly looks cleaner in Jedi

TheHolo.Net
May 6th, 2002, 06:07:47 PM
I have recently optimized as many of the styles as possible for the Opera web browser. Among those styles was the Default (Portal) style.

The only styles that have rendering problems in Opera are the various Star Wars ones, and those problems are nothing more than cosmetic in the table rounder which the browser refuses to render correctly without a great deal of changes in both images and implementation.