PDA

View Full Version : Well, i have downloaded some of the tracks of the soundtrack....

Starquest aka AndyR
Apr 3rd, 2002, 08:29:59 AM
And let me tell you first hand - the "confrontation with count Dooku and finale" track is incredible.
I am listening to the "Love pledge and the Arena" Track right now and I will edit my post with my thoughts on that soon.
I got them off of Kazaa and I am sharing them now, so if you want them come and get them. If you have Kazaa, go grab them.

Edit: well I finished the other track and it is good, but not as good as the Count Dooku track... The arena is mostly battle type music with some new stuff in it. I will say that it is much better than the battle music in episode I which to me was just annoying when listened to seperately.

And just when i thought I couldn't be more excited.... :crack

darth_mcbain
Apr 3rd, 2002, 08:56:19 AM
Where did you get that from?

JMK
Apr 3rd, 2002, 09:03:50 AM
Are you positive its legit?
Also, when possible, for those who are spoiler sensitive make you use the spoiler tags on the song titles (if they need them, I don't think the ones you posted do need them, but it never hurts). :)

The SW scored have always been almost my favorite part of the trilogy, they're all great!

Starquest aka AndyR
Apr 3rd, 2002, 09:38:48 AM
Yep, they are definitely legit.
I compared the songs to the reviews on TF.N and they matched up very well.
I also got the "across the stars" theme as well. It is the authentic one, as the finale attached to the "confrontation" theme incorporates it into itself just like all the star wars finale's of the past. Very nice... :)

How can you get Kazaa? Kazaa is a pier to pier file sharing software. It allows you to search for specific files of any type. you can even search by type if you like. Go to www.kazaa.com and you can download the program it there.
after you download the program and run it, you can create a kazaa ID then download stuff. I searched for "attack clones" and got them that way.

Good luck!

Edit: oh, and in the count Dooku theme, we get to hear the imperial march (which is now considered vader's theme, right?) but instead of being dark like it is in the OT, here it is more like a fanfare for royalty.... listen to it, and you will know what I mean...

BUFFJEDI
Apr 3rd, 2002, 10:42:22 AM
How does any track do compared to duel of fates?I think it would be hard for Williams to top that(or anyone)

sirdizzy
Apr 3rd, 2002, 11:35:07 AM
ohhh good idea

Starquest aka AndyR
Apr 3rd, 2002, 12:32:38 PM
I actually prefer it over duel of the fates. Duel of the fates just seemed kinda out of place when compared to the OT soundtracks to me. I am sure that ATOC and epIII will use duel of the fates alot so it will become more accepted in the big picture. But as far as the big picture goes we only have the edges of the puzzle with no middle. All I can say is that these tracks that I managed to get really do start to fill in the middle where the soundtracks are concerned.

Duel of the fates, as a stand alone piece of music, is an awesome piece IMO.

I will say that the love theme is a serious departure from the usual SW themes, but I know that a love like the one in ATOC (that changes the universe) is also something new to the series, so it all makes sense.

I really want to get a hold of the "return to tatooine" and the "Tusken homestead" themes... those are supposed to be very good as well...

ATOC is going to be amazing

Edit: JMK - how do I use spoiler tags? I haven't posted anything yet that is not out already from lucasfilm, but I would still like to know. Thanks.

darth_mcbain
Apr 3rd, 2002, 12:39:13 PM
I tried downloading that program, but it won't work behind my firewall :grumble I'll just have to wait until April 23 or whenever it is released...

As for the the spoiler tags, the start tag is {spoiler} and the end tag is {/spoiler}, where the {} are replaced by []

Starquest aka AndyR
Apr 3rd, 2002, 02:48:40 PM
Thanks McBain.

I can email these to anyone who wants them, but they are large songs....

Across the stars - 5.3 meg
Love pledge and arena - 12 meg
Dooku and finale - 8 meg

Oh and...
this is not a spoiler, this is me testing spoiler tags. ha! made ya look!

Darth Viscera
Apr 3rd, 2002, 02:48:45 PM
Too bad they all seem to be around 96kbps :( It would be nice to DL a -V 0 mp3 or an ogg version.

sirdizzy
Apr 3rd, 2002, 11:28:49 PM
yea email them to me please dizzy@infowest.com

Starquest aka AndyR
Apr 4th, 2002, 07:28:06 AM
on the way.

Hey, I just heard that thre were some songs from shadow of the empire that people have been using as ATOC songs... When you get them can you tell me if they are from that game? I never played it....

edit: nevermind, I know they are authentic because of the love theme in the finale mix (I forgot in my moment of panic... hehe). I doubt there was a love theme in shadow of the empire...

Also, my emails bounced because of size limits... sorry. I am going to talk to our exchange admins here at work about size limitations on our server to make sure it wasn't me. If its my side, then I will have them open it up for me.

sirdizzy
Apr 4th, 2002, 08:27:07 AM
well if it was me i have other emails that shouldn't have size limitations

sirdizzy
Apr 4th, 2002, 08:27:45 AM
try my ccnet email

sirdizzy@corsucantcity.net

that has a 10mb limit

Charley
Apr 10th, 2002, 07:18:57 PM
Yes, I ran into some people pushing SotE's "Battle at Gall" track as an AotC track. It is not....so "caveat emptor" ;)

And yes, the "Confrontation with Dooku and Finale" kicks the DOGCRAP out of Duel of the Fates. "Across the Stars" does as well.

This soundtrack is now the ULTIMATE POWER in the universe!

I suggest you download it :D

JMK
Apr 10th, 2002, 08:40:43 PM
Do you like it better than Empire's soundtrack? When is the official release date again?

Charley
Apr 10th, 2002, 10:05:55 PM
The more I think about it...

...Yes.

Yes I do.

And that is not an easy thing to say.

But AotC soundtrack has POWER, incorporates every major musical theme in all prior star wars movies, and yet comes through with new and brilliant music.

JMK
Apr 11th, 2002, 06:58:43 AM
Wow! :eek You're setting some awfully high standards for this soundtrack LL!

Sanis Prent
Apr 11th, 2002, 09:30:51 AM
Well...ESB soundtrack has the Imperial March.

AotC soundtrack has Duel of the fates, Across the Stars, Rebellion theme, Trade Federation March, Anakin theme, and...oh yes...the Imperial March

darth_mcbain
Apr 11th, 2002, 09:48:08 AM
I'm gonna wait until I get the actual CD before I listen to it, but from what you guys are saying, that is gonna be a looong 2 weeks (a little less, actually)...

JMK
Apr 11th, 2002, 10:05:19 AM
The Imperial March is there?????? This is going to be the best!!!! It comes out in couple weeks right?

darth_mcbain
Apr 11th, 2002, 10:13:51 AM
It should be in stores April 23, along with a lot of other Ep. II merchandise such as the novelization and some other books

Sanis Prent
Apr 11th, 2002, 11:28:02 AM
Its in there, but its not exactly the same. Its much more grandiose, like something you'd hear in a Roman Colliseum sword & sandal flick, or Lawerence of Arabia....amazing.

Figrin D'an
Apr 11th, 2002, 04:06:39 PM
The 'Across the Stars' piece is a thematic variation of the adagio section of 'Jupiter, The Bringer of Jolity', Mvt. 4 of 'The Planets.' I played the two side by side, just for kicks, and it was a pretty remarkable match. Don't get me wrong, I love John Williams stuff, and this isn't the first time he's borrowed something from another composer... it's just interesting to note, that's all...

There are a few other little tidbits in the soundtrack that caught my ear as well...

Charley
Apr 11th, 2002, 04:18:36 PM
I KNEW there was a hint of Holz in there! AWESOME :)

Of course, I was thinking I heard more of Mars: Bringer of War in track 12

darth_mcbain
Apr 11th, 2002, 04:33:49 PM
Yeah, Williams has borrowed plenty of stuff from other composers, but that shouldn't be to his detriment - he doesn't flagrantly just rip stuff off, he puts his own spin on his stuff so if you know the source material, you can kind of put 2 and 2 together, but ultimately it is John Williams' style...

I listened to the short preview of Across the Stars at http://www.sonyclassical.com/music/89932/ and I can hear some similarities as you've mentioned, Figrin. My personal favorite John Williams rip is the main theme of Superman as compared to Richard Strauss' Also Sprach Zarathustra - listen, you can't miss it...

JMK
Apr 11th, 2002, 09:12:51 PM
Plus Lucas writes to music, so he probably told Williams that he had a certain tempo in mind a la the pieces you guys mentioned, so Williams probably took those pieces and put his own twist on them.

Sanis Prent
Apr 11th, 2002, 11:16:25 PM
I also write to music :)

Its suprising what a beat in your head can do for your words on paper!