PDA

View Full Version : Leelee Sobieski

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 1st, 2002, 01:09:10 AM
I thought Joy Ride was 20x better than Jeepers Creepers. I also liked Don't say a Word, now Glass House was just okay but I only watched it for Leelee Sobieski:D

Shawn
Apr 1st, 2002, 01:11:24 AM
There's something about her I don't like: It's as if she epitomizes the type of movie I was just describing.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 1st, 2002, 01:22:51 AM
Well she has been in a lot of different movies: Deep Impact (Big Budget Blockbuster) , A Solider's Daughter Never Cries and My First Mister (artsy independent films), Joan of Arc and Conspiracy (Big TV Miniseries the last one she was brilliant in), and Glass House and Joy Ride (Teen Films). Not sure if you seen here in the other movies but I think she is a very good actress, she has two movies upcoming that I am looking foward to Max, which deals with a young Adolf Hitler as an art student, John Cusack plays his teacher, Leelee plays Cusack's love interest, and then there is this French film called L'Idole, don't know too much about it except that she mention somewhere that it is a very erotic film, there is more but don't want to say it on the board :P But I have to say that really perks my interest too bad its French.

Shawn
Apr 1st, 2002, 01:37:49 AM
The French film sounds sort of interesting (get yer mind outta the gutter) - I like a good foreign film, every now and again. Just rented something called "Advertising Rules" (a German film), which I'm going to watch in a minute here.

I've seen Deep Impact... wasn't particularly impressed with the movie. But at least it's something different.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 1st, 2002, 01:41:59 AM
I don't think my mind was in the gutter:rolleyes actually though I am more interested in the film about Hitler it can be really good if it is done right. I am not sure about this french film, I mentioned the erotic stuff more because it surprised me more than anything else but as I said its french, and it could be one of those french films that just don't make any sense.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 1st, 2002, 01:44:41 AM
I split the thread because I thought it was getting very off topic (my fault partly) and it was no point in keep it together.

Shawn
Apr 1st, 2002, 02:44:40 AM
Fine by me. :)

Like I said: I like foreign films. Even if they aren't particularly good, there's just something engaging about watching a film done in a totally different style and language, meant for a different audience.

Now, if you want to talk about a strange French film, go watch City of Lost Chilren. I'm almost 100% certain that the director and scriptwriter(s) were using some highly illegal substances when they dreamed that one up.

darth_mcbain
Apr 2nd, 2002, 09:22:15 AM
Glass House was pretty lousy, but I agree, LeeLee is pretty hot...