PDA

View Full Version : I'm a little curious...

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 30th, 2002, 06:06:13 PM
Are there any Aing-Tii ezboards around? I've got a friend who wants to join up, but he's really into the Aing-Tii.

Ken Jiang
Mar 30th, 2002, 07:17:52 PM
You're a little curious what!? :p

I haven't the faintest what Aing-Tii is, I'll do a search but that's about all I can do to help out, sowwy. :\

Admiral Lebron
Mar 30th, 2002, 07:22:25 PM
Not to my knoledge.

Shawn
Mar 31st, 2002, 12:26:49 AM
Please do explain. :huh

Darth Lynch
Mar 31st, 2002, 12:34:06 AM
I saw one of these Aing-Tii lurking at TSE earlier.

So if we see one are they dangerous?

Should we get a mob to beat it to death if we meet one?

Skin its elbows and kneecaps to the bone?

Rip out its tongue and put small hot pins underneath its fingernails?

Pluck off its nipples with rusty nails?

Wait I'm getting confused with something else.

Whats a Aing-Tii again?

Admiral Lebron
Mar 31st, 2002, 12:40:44 AM
A force using monk.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 31st, 2002, 01:25:25 AM
I don't know much about 'em, either, except what I've found with a really cursory search, so I'm no expert.

lol, Ken, I guess I'm about as good at coming up with titles as Khendon is, eh, hehe.

Lynch, I'm not even gonna ask, lol

Rama
Mar 31st, 2002, 05:44:50 AM
I'm a little curious...

And Im a little dirty......but I won't hold it against you if you don't.

:: Shakes Cigar and adjust his "Grocho Marx" Glasses. ::

Admiral Lebron
Mar 31st, 2002, 09:25:46 AM
Aing Tii were a sect of Force using monks in some Nebula, in Visions of the Future. They had big ass circular ships and used the force to teleport the ships great distances. The kicked the crap outta a pirate fleet trying to kill this one dude. Thats all I can remember though its been a while since I read VOTF.

Seth Darkserpent
Mar 31st, 2002, 09:38:06 AM
Ah the Aing-Tii. Haven't heard that name in a long while.

Aing-Tii Monks

This strange race of creatures inhabits the furthest reaches of the Kathol Outback, near the Kathol Rift. They are one of the few travelers who actually seem to be able to navigate through the Rift, having been seen emerging from the Rift on several occasions. As a race, the Aing-Tii are tall, edentate mammals whose bodies are covered by bony plates. They have four legs, although they most often stand erect. Their heads are covered by helmet-like plates, and are dominated by two large eyes. They have no visible mouths, but use a group of long, thin tongues to sense and communicate. The tongues are used for tasting, smelling, and feeling. Much of their bony armor is covered with intricate, painted symbols that resemble the markings seen on their strangely-organic starships. Their tails, also covered with thick plates, are prehensile and often used in defense and attack. The Aing-Tii are also Force-sensitive, although they don't use it and control it the way Jedi Knights do. No one is sure exactly why, but the Aing-Tii patrol the Kathol Outback between the Marcol Void and the Kathol Rift looking for slave ships. They incapacitate the slavers with their Sanhedrim starships, then free the slaves. (KO)

So basically they use the Force, but in a different way. I don't think there are any Aing-Tii groups here, seeing as how many haven't read the Hand of Thrawn duology.

Arya Ravenwing
Apr 1st, 2002, 02:19:43 AM
How can you have a tongue and no mouth? "Visible" mouth, that is. Weird.