PDA

View Full Version : Sir Dizzy

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 28th, 2002, 12:23:17 AM
I am getting tired of him, he is abusing the Long Countdown (it is this thing JMK started counting down to EP 2 on films) he has posted 9 straight days I guess technically (although CMJ really posted before him the other day) and I getting tired of me and David have PM each other about it and he PM him twice and it looks like he doesn't care. I have now PM and I might have been a little less diplomatic than David (I didn't threaten him) but here is what I said for reference

I just want to say that I am tired of you posting day after day not giving nobody else a chance especially since we are coming so close to EP 2. There are a lot of people who don't stay up to midnight and can't do and I think its unfair of you to do this. I am speaking of certain ones who have been doing it longer and you and I feel they should be given a chance including: Darth Mcbain, JMK, myself, Jedieb, Doc Milo, CMJ (who seems to want to do it again), and occasionally Buffjedi. You doing it every day is not being nice, and if you don't watch out it could get them to yell extremely loud about your behavior and I am unsure what the consequences will be. This is not a threat more of a request.

If this doesn't work what can we do it about? I just think it is unfair to those who want to do that he is hoging, but would banning be too harsh for this?

Sanis Prent
Mar 28th, 2002, 11:59:44 AM
Can't ban for annoying's sake.

If so, we'd have nobody left :p

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 28th, 2002, 01:48:47 PM
Well he responded back and not really nicely he think it is owed to him.

do you think i like getting up at 10pm at night to got work do you think i like not getting home tell noon the next day because of school

don't ypu think i deserve some reward for this huh huh huh

What an attitude man, I have no clue what to do , does anybody know who knows him best on the board? I was thinking maybe asking that person to talk to him, also he isn't even in the right time zone, he lives in the mountain time zone and has set the board for est time accoording to that statement, so techinically he isn't even posting at the correct time of course it could still be mountain time because it shows up on EST time for me, so either way he is doing wrong.

Champion of the Force
Mar 28th, 2002, 07:41:07 PM
I PMed you Carr. As I said in the PM I really wish you had waited because I already had a Plan B but unfortunately you've kind of steered it off course.

Aso your comments int he thread have conflicted with what I've been telling him. :\

Anyway, leave him be until we can sort out what we're going to do here. I don't want any more conflicting messages been sent to him which makes us all look follish.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 29th, 2002, 12:18:47 AM
You probably want to read my PM I think Jedieb took care of it as I said, I admit I probably made a mistake and should have waited until you got back to me, I was just upset about it and got carried away. should I PM him and apologize, and tell him that he can post just don't sit around at midnight and post every day. I was going to do but changed my mind, I don't want to do anything right now just yet.

JMK
Mar 29th, 2002, 04:54:08 PM
Apparently he doesn't sit around until midnight waiting to post, but I think he's full of it.

Champion of the Force
Mar 29th, 2002, 06:59:44 PM
Yeah it's looks like it's been fixed. sirdizzy seemed to be trying to win his way but got drowned out by all the other posters. If he persists in trying to hog the thread I'm sure the posters will now let him know. :)

JMK
Mar 29th, 2002, 07:32:31 PM
Yeah, people are actually coming out and posting in there now. I REALLY hope he gives it a rest for a while.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 29th, 2002, 07:48:12 PM
He said in the thread though he intends on winning every night until the 30 day mark, well I'm doing it tonight, (I was planning on doing one for real in the last few days) I'm going to be up to 12 anyway so I will do it I am sure I can beat him, but have no idea what will happen after that. With Easter coming up he might not be able to do it so who knows who will do it those two days and then we will be about 15 days or so from 30 so it won't matter so much, I am glad Jedieb put up that compromise :) I'm curious though could we put up an official annoucement either on the Long Countdown or in Films letting everybody know the plan there, I mean when we get closer to 30?

Champion of the Force
Mar 29th, 2002, 07:52:43 PM
I think having an annoucement is probably going a bit far - besides most of the people posting are old-timers who read the thread and should know what's going on.

I'd suggest doing a wait and see on sirdizzy - if he manages to hog another week then maybe another look at it may be warranted but for now we just sit back and see how it plays out.

TheHolo.Net
Mar 29th, 2002, 09:00:43 PM
His access to the forum can be temporarily restricted as well, if an Admin so chooses. Just stating a possible option.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 29th, 2002, 09:20:46 PM
I'll just mention a reminder in the thread where the old timers will probably read it in a week, I guess we will have to do a wait and see on Dizzy in the Long Countdown he said the only reason why he didn't do it last night was because we pestered him so much that he decided to take a break (actually Buff beat him to it but that is another matter).

Champion of the Force
Mar 29th, 2002, 09:24:22 PM
His access to the forum can be temporarily restricted as well, if an Admin so chooses.
I think that or any other mod actions against him should be a last resort, because technically he isn't doing anything wrong. It's just that he's breaking with tradition that has existed within the thread for over 2 1/2 years and it's getting all the older members a bit annoyed.

TheHolo.Net
Mar 29th, 2002, 09:36:20 PM
I know, just letting people know it was an option that doesn't go to the full extent of a banning.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 30th, 2002, 01:37:59 PM
Sir Dizzy just called me a hypocrite for posting at One AM last night. Now first that made me kind of mad but I waited and posted nicely

I didn't stake it out I did it at one and I had gone out and came home and saw nobody had done it so I thought I do it since I haven't done it in a while. I only do it once a week which is fine. I think you either misunderstood me or I wasn't clear before what I meant was posting at midnight every day was wrong, its okay to that once in a while, believe me if I wanted to I could post every night at midnight but I rarely do, usually I do it just once a week. Maybe I didn't make all of that clear, if so I apologize, its just we (I mean the ones who normaly do it) don't want to see it dominated by one person, I mean anybody and that includes myself. Still, if you are somehow able to post every day without posting around midnight thats fine but I just don't want to see any of us sitting there waiting at midnight posting day after day

I was very apologetic, maybe too much, I even tried to say that we don't want anybody to dominate it, now will this make him happy who knows. Now I could have said far worse like telling him that I always post around midnight because I don't have time in the morning to come here but I thought that would be a bad idea, instead I just say I post on it once a week or so. Probably the problem is he has now gotten mixed messages from me, David, JMK, and Jedieb (I have no idea what he said to him) so I think we have greatly confused him , but I am hoping what I just said will clairfy it, if not, I am not PM him back and I will let somebody else handle it , I am tired of dealing with him actually.

JMK
Mar 31st, 2002, 12:07:09 AM
For the record, although I'm done trying to talk to him, any talk about him NOT lurking until midnight is rubbish! He posted a useless message at 11:52 on the 30th, and again at 12:01.

Can we ever create a way from restricting certain users from posting in specific threads? :)

I had to ask. ;)

Champion of the Force
Mar 31st, 2002, 01:13:47 AM
I have gone through and removed a ton of posts relating to sirdizzy's posting spree, but I left the ones concerning Jedieb's idea for the home strech of countdown posting.

I have posted and asked that any further debate about the posting within the thread to be carried out in a new topic rather than in the countdown, since it really starts messing with the course too much.

If sirdizzy persists in debating his right to post as often as he wants, whenever he wants, I'd like to ask the staff to just let me respond to him rather than everyone taking their own turn against him. If other posters also PM you regarding the matter please ask them to contact me over it.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 31st, 2002, 01:29:31 AM
Sure thing, maybe you can handle him better than the rest of us :)

JMK
Mar 31st, 2002, 11:32:04 AM
Coolio! :)

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 31st, 2002, 12:59:52 PM
Hey JMK, I have a suggestion before you start the Ep3 countdown maybe you should post a few rules to prevent stuff like this from happening. I say this because I am afraid that Dizzy will dominate the thing from now until EP 3.