PDA

View Full Version : Crimes of Ignorance

Syrius Cline
Mar 27th, 2002, 11:36:38 PM
Snap-Hiss

The lightsabre cut through the tender flesh, killing her instantly. Her limp body slumped lifelessly to the floor. The yellow blade deactivated.

<hr>
Next Morning

The repeated snaps of the photographer captured the scene in a timeless medium. Her body was without blood spill, the wound fully cauterized. A terrible pity. She was only 17, not a care in the world.

"Alright mate, give me a bit of good news," Syrius Cline, a R.S.C. detective quickly commanded as he exited the police speeder.

"Not much of it. She was stabbed through the stomach."

Syrius saw the body for the first time. He had seen dead bodies many times, but this one triggered a gag reflex. He turned away.

"She didn't die in comfort. And probably not until.. five seconds afterwards," Syrius asked more than stated, still looking away.

The other detective shrugged.

Syrius managed a quick look at the body.

"What is that?"

"What's what?"

"That wound..." Syrius couldn't stop looking at it now, "... Any idea why there's no blood on the floor? And why the bloody wound is, drying looking like that?"

The other detective sighed. He didn't like talking about the way people were killed, but he did so.

"Preliminary reports indicate the wound has had immense heat applied to it. The general thought from the fellas is that the perpetrator cauterized the wound to cover up the murder weapon. Probably with a blowtorch. No grooves, no rough edges, harder to distinguish a murder weapon."

Syrius shook his head slowly, his face more pale than usual. He didn't get out much.

"Get me a Jedi," he ordered with a deep gulp.

OOC - Please, no one join in as the enemy. I have that all planned out, and the Jedi is picked as well. But anyone is welcome to play secondary roles. :)

Xazor Elessar
Mar 28th, 2002, 08:14:31 AM
Xazor was sitting on her bed when suddenly her comm unit buzzed. She picked it up and glanced at the call number...it was the council?! She looked at it once again and sure enough, it was. She looked all around her room but did not have time to do anything, so she ran...she ran from the Jedi Living Quarters to the Council room.

Knocking gently on the door, she pushed it open. The council glanced at her as she took a place in the center of the room. She bowed to each one of the council members and then stood with her hands clasped at her waist.

I believe I have been called before you, mighty council. What is it you wish of me?

She asked, a little confused why they wanted to see her, a padawan. She got a little nervouse when no one said anything for a few minutes..until someone spoke.

We need you to go to Coruscant.

Was all his voice said. A lump hardened in Xazor's throat. Coruscant? She thought to herself. She had not expected this from the council.

Yes, great Jedi. I shall go to Coruscant...but on what terms?

She questioned suddenly. Shifting her weight uncomfortably, she looked to each of their faces for a possible answer.

There has been a murder and the investigator is requesting a Jedi. You are the one the council has voted upon to go. Now you must hurry, there is a shuttle waiting for you, and it departs in ten minutes. May the Force be with you, young one.

Xazor was shocked, truthfully. Out of all the possible Jedi, she was chosen. She smiled and did as she was told. She took off from the council chambers and ran all the way back to the Living Quarters. Packing lightly, she checked to make sure she had all of her weapons....and a few extra sets of robes.

A few minutes later, she was down in the Jedi Base Hanger, ready to go. A droid took her two bags and loaded them on the ship. She boarded quietly, and quickly. Moving right to the personal chambers, she sat down and began to meditate...wondering what was going to happen next.

-------------------------

After a long flight, the shuttle finally arrived on the bustling planet of Coruscant. It was wonderful as she stepped from the shuttle and were handed her things. Now she was set out to do whatever the council wished for her to do. She would wait until the investigator sent word for her, she had no idea where he was or she would have gone there herself. She would wait patiently for him as she stood there and pondered deeply what it could be.....

Syrius Cline
Mar 28th, 2002, 01:49:21 PM
Syrius Cline was sitting in his R.S.C. Speeder when the shuttle arrived. He waited a long while as Xazor seemed to no nothing of what she was to do. Didn't they inform her?

"Bloody hell, do I have to do everything myself?" Syrius asked himself, groaning.

He exited the speeder without haste, taking his time. He walked casually up to the Jedi. He didn't know the ranking system of the Jedi. And he didn't know the rank of this one.

"Aren't Jedi Knights self reliant?" He asked rhetorically. Syrius grabbed her bags away from her. "Well, don't stand there looking like a bullfrog in a insect museum. I know that Corusant is pretty, love, but it's not that pretty."

Syrius walked briskly away from Xazor, carrying her bags. He threw them into the speeder deftly.

"Don't doddle. You can hitch a ride, love. Just don't spill anything on the upholstery."

Xazor Elessar
Mar 28th, 2002, 05:06:54 PM
Xazor was quite shocked by the man who approached her and assumed she was a Jedi Knight. How she wished she was, but unfortunatly, she had not been promoted yet.

Excuse me sir!

She called as he took her bags from her and briskly walked away. She followed close behind him as they walked toward the speeder.

Sir, I am only a Jedi Padawan.....but I am a Warrior, and will do well whatever you need!

She reassured him, hoping he would not change his mind about her. She smiled as she joined him in the cozy speeder and looked around. Coruscant was a beautiful place...but she would heed his words in that it was not that beautiful. She had a vague idea of what he meant, but kept to herself as the speeder lurched forward slightly....

Sia-Lan Darkheart
Mar 28th, 2002, 08:39:30 PM
Sia-lan sent a message from her quarters at the R.S.C hq. The R.S.C. agent had gotten a call earlier about a murder and came out to investigate.

"Hello Sirius and Xazor? Um might I ask what happened and is there anything I can do to help with the investigation??" Sia asks.

Syrius Cline
Mar 29th, 2002, 01:37:31 AM
Syrius eyed Xazor for a hard, long moment before the call came in. She might have well been talking Wookieespeak, because he didn't know what the heck a "Pad-O-Won" was. His thought process was interupted by Sia-lan. The vehicle was already moving to the sky highway access ramp, where vehicles buzzed like bees to honey. The woman's face appeared slightly transparent as it appeared in a digital box on the windshield. Around her head was words describing the location of the caller, the name, everything. At a press of a button he could know her life story, through the New Republic database. This was exclusive to officers of the law, and their squad speeders.

"Ms. Darkheart, you can try," Syrius said, a grimness to his voice. He was clueless in this investigation. "It's bloody muddy than Dogabah down here, if you know what I mean." Syrius looked at Xazor, hoping she would see the humor in the reference, being she was a Jedi. That's why he had used the swamp planet as an example.

Syrius rubbed his eyes as the speeder got onto the air highway, number 63.

"We have a cauterized wound, a dead girl, a nut case, and that's only the beginning, love. You're welcome to join us, but I hope you aren't squeamish. We're going to Grego's Diner, you know, the Toydarian's place? You can meet us there, if you want, but we can't wait all day," Syrius hovered his hand over the comm disconnecting button. "Sorry, love, but I have to let you go. Your face is blocking traffic. G'day."

Syrius clicked it off with a laugh. He mumbled to himself. "I absolutely adore doing that to her." He was refering to disconnecting after talking her ear off. It was a little inside joke they had as people around the office constantly commented on his jabber mouth.

The detective turned to Xazor, addressing her again.

"Okay, now a... Warrior Pad-o-what? Can you deal with homicide or not?"

Sia-Lan Darkheart
Mar 29th, 2002, 09:38:58 AM
Sia-lan rolled her eyes as Syruis shut off the communication. She grabed her saber just in case and headed off.

Moments after she was done talking to Syrius, Sia was speeding off twards the diner on her speeder bike. It was easier to travle on than the regular speeders even if it was more dangeres. She soon came to the diner and climbed down. She walked in and glanced around to see if they were here yet.

Xazor Elessar
Mar 29th, 2002, 12:24:47 PM
Xazor had to laugh at his humor. He was an interesting man, no doubt. She smiled at his question.

I can handle just about anything you give me.

She said confidently. She straightened her robes quickly and continued speaking.

I am a padawan.....I have a Master and I am still learning a great deal, the ways of the Force. If you do not wish to hear the boring details, I more than understand......but I am a warrior and can handle death and tough challenges.

She more than understood death.....she had seen it too many times, in fact. She brushed some stray hairs from her face as the speeder continued toward the diner. It was a relief to know that her good friend, Sia-Lan Darkheart would be there.

Syrius Cline
Mar 29th, 2002, 10:55:48 PM
Syrius looked at her blankly until she mentioned she could handle herself.

"Good enough for me, love," Syrius said, obviously relieved.

The detective slowly turned the car off the highway ramp and got onto Sewaka Ln., 50 stories off the ground. This was normal fare in Corusant. The planet was so overpopulated that roads were built in layers.

"I hope you can tumble. When we catch this bloke, and we will," Syrius added sternly and assuringly. "I got a funny feeling that he isn't going to go in all shackled and chained. Trust me."

Syrius had learned to trust his hunches and gut instincts.

As the speeder pulled into a parking space at the diner, Syrius looked curiously at Xazor's lightsabre. He hated weapons of any kind, although this one didn't seem so bad, more of an elegant tool for peacekeeping. Although a R.S.C. standard issue blaster was meant for the same thing, this was different. His vacant gaze broke as he looked into Xazor's eyes, confidence and perpose in his stare.

"I need to know about that contraption, love. I can't get past the idea that it's important," Syrius lightened the mood as he looked over the diner, where Sia-Lan was, more than likely. "The girl told me once, without me asking mind you, and she bored me to death. At that time, I really didn't care, so it went out one ear and then the other. Don't leave out a detail," Syrius finished with that strong resolve.

He stayed in the speeder, he didn't want Sia-Lan to hear the conversation, she'd probably get her feelings hurt. She probably thought Syrius was hanging on her every word, but he was a busy man. He waited for this Pad-O-Won Warrior to answer his crucial question.

Xazor Elessar
Mar 30th, 2002, 10:56:15 AM
Xazor listened as he spoke of trusting his feelings. She watched him closly, his body language and facial expressions. She knew that he was serious and he believed what was in his heart. She had to smile to herself...

You are wiser than most humans, having such instincts like that....

She said softly. She then watched his eyes drop to her lightsaber.....and then the questions came. How did she know that her beloved weapon would be of question? She smiled again, eager to help in any way she could.

The lightsaber is the weapon of choice by most Jedi. We use these to help protect not only ourselves, but also the defenseless. The Sith...the "bad guys" as you would probably say, use them to kill. They use them in defense and then they kill. That is not why I wear and use mine.

She unclipped the beautiful hilt from her weapons belt and held in in her hands, looking intently into his eyes as she continued to explain.

Usually after much training, a Padawan builds one of these. In my case, the parts were given to me by my Master. The hilt...or shell of the weapon, is empty and then you put the components inside. There are a few electronic pieces that you place strategecally in it...and then there are the crystals. Usually, a lightsaber requires two or more crystals. Mine has five so that it can be duel-phased.....having two blades. Anyway, it is self powered by the crystals. The blades are pure beams of energy, an they can be any color that you choose, depending on which crystals you put into it.

She thoughtfully ran her hand over the hilt as she thought of other details that she was leaving out.

A lightsaber is a very dangerous weapon. If you do not know how to control to Force...then you will probably not be able to control one of these. That is why only Jedi and Sith have lightsabers and not the common man. If used in a fight or battle, only one fluid motion can end the life of another. That is not what the Jedi use them for, though. We defend with these, not attack.

She smiled gently and placed the hilt back on her weapons belt, hoping she did not leave anything out.

The lightsaber is the prized weapon of both Jedi and Sith.....though, it is not the answers to all of your problems....it is a tool to be used for peace.

She said softly with a bit of sentiment. She looked across the way and saw her friend Sia-Lan. She smiled brightly and shifted her weight in the speeder. Looking up at Syrius, she could tell that he had taken in all of the information.

I hope what I told you helps...

She smiled soflty again and brushed some hair out of her eyes.

Syrius Cline
Mar 31st, 2002, 12:55:18 AM
Syrius nodded, not changing his expression, he was in the deepest level of thought. He snatched the sabre from her belt, and she didn't object. As Syrius held the weapon in his hand he nodded.

He stepped out of the speeder, as did his new Jedi partner. Sia-Lan noticed the duo and instantly was at the door, and then into the parking lot, joining the two.

Syrius stepped onto the walkway leading into the establishment, still holding the weapon. He reached into his jacket and retrieved a shoelace pack.

"Don't leave home without 'em."

Seconds later it was open and a shoelace fell to the ground. He looked at Xazor and she nodded, knowing by the look on his face what he intended to do.

Having her approval he thumbed the lightsabre on, after examining the correct way to activate it, and only one blade appeared. He looked at it curiously. Then the second one appeared with the touch of a second button. The detective looked at the glorious weapon for a moment, then deactivated the second blade, shaking his head. His gut told him it wasn't a double bladed sabre he was looking for. His body lowered in a crouch as he brought the sabre close to the shoelace. Closer... closer.... hovering milimeters above the material, the shoelace began to burn and melt. He deacivated the blade and stood fully erect. Nodding satisfied.

Syrius pitched the weapon back to Xazor, who was standing back with Sia-Lan, away from the lightsabre.

"We've got our murder weapon," Syrius announced. "Jenre will have an easier time begging for funds from the Senate after we catch a Sith."

Syrius paused, thinking.... Was it a Sith that was on this murderous rampage? Ten girls, late teens, had been murdered in the past week. Yet something told him it wasn't a Sith they were looking for. He decided not to correct his previous statement, nothing was fact at this point.

"Let's go girls, can't save the world on an empty stomach now can we?" Syrius said cheerfully, covering up his mental lapse.

<hr>
Inside Grego's Diner

Syrius motioned towards a seat near the window. "Take a seat. I owe Grego a visit."

The detective parted from the Jedi women, walking into the kitchen through the double doors.

The Kitchen

The Toydarian was busy overlooking burger patties as Syrius entered.

"When are you going to retire old man?"

Grego turned to him as he spoke, gaffawing loudly.

"Wadda ya know? The hot shot detective pays us a visit, huh? I fix you a nice steak, okay?" The hovering being sayed joyfully.

"Grego?" Syrius interrupted, changing the mood.

"Yeah?" The Toydarian asked defensively.

"What do you know about a Sith that likes to carry a lightsabre? Say a male, well built, slimy bloke?"

Grego rubbed his chin in thought.

"I don't know about no Sith. I don't bother them, they don't bother me, ya know?"

Syrius nodded, one had to pretect one's self on Corusant.

"Have any been around here, Grego? I don't need specifics, mate, just gists."

The Toydarian sighed as he floated away.

"In that case, yeah. There've been a few people coming and going. One, two, people. How does that help you?"

Syrius shook his head.

"Not much, but thanks. Atleast I have a ballpark."

"Glad to help, ya know. Let me know how it works out, hmm?"

Syrius nodded as he exited the kitchen.

Main Area

The waitress was already done taking their order as she walked back to the kitchen. Syrius address her.

"I'll have the special, love. Whatever it is."

Syrius chuckled as she passed and nodded.

He tried to conceal the frustration this case was giving him as he approached the table. He sat down, a new facade on his face.

"Grego wanted me to tell you two that you look lovely tonight. The flirty bloke," Syrius scoffed. It wasn't the truth, but what was he going to tell them? That he hit a dead end in the case? "What happened while I was away?"

Sia-Lan Darkheart
Mar 31st, 2002, 03:10:10 PM
"Nothing really. Waitress came, took our order and left. Any news on the case after I talked to you? Or any reason that I need to do som research?" Sia asks. She had already pulled out a lab-top and had set it on the table infront of her. She had actually just been messing around with a game that had to do with a couple of balls that were bouncing around her screan. As soon as he had walked out, she had closed it.

Xazor Elessar
Mar 31st, 2002, 06:02:35 PM
Xazor watched Syrius carefully. There was just something about him that she couldn't put her finger on. She studied him and listened to each word her said. Instincts? She thinks to herself.....over and over a few times. Suddenly she looks up as he throws her saber to her. She clips it to her weapons belt and follows him into the diner.

Once inside, she and her friend take a seat and he leaves to talk to someone. She looks at Sia and smiles slightly. They don't have a chance to say much and then the waitress arrives. Xazor orders a sandwich and then Sia orders. Syrius comes out of the kitchen and joins them once again.

Xazor scoots over so he can sit next to her, and he delivers to the girls a compliment. She blushes slightly and then smiles. For some reason, she knew that was not what he wanted to say. She searches his thoughts for a moment to discover that she was right. He really found out nothing and seemed to be at a dead end. She sighed and looked down at her saber as it gleamed in the light.

So....your instincts tell you that this killer was a Sith?

She questions suddenly, a serious look adorns her face. She too could feel it......through the Force. The killer indeed was a Sith....a man....but who? The answers were so unclear. She blocked the many questions from her mind and waited for Syrius to speak once again....

Syrius Cline
Mar 31st, 2002, 09:42:45 PM
Syrius shook his head slowly, again lost in thought,

"No, not at all," Syrius thought longer...... He snaps out of his trance, a smile on his face. "Well, who knows? Maybe, maybe not. I'm still waiting for the..."

His wrist comm beeped, signifying a message was coming in. He flipped open the display panel and the face of a Corusant police forensics expert was filling the screen.

"... The forensics report," Syrius finished his thought. "Tell me what you know, mate."

The man took a long breath, then let out a sigh.

"Well, it ain't pretty," was it ever Syrius thought to himself. "We've got no hair, no prints, no skin, nothing. The wound was the only injury, there was absolutely no struggle. It's entirely messed up. Things like this don't happen Mr. Cline, I suggest you assign a full task team to this assignment."

Syrius shook his head.

"No. I have R.S.C. agents working other cases, and the Corusant P.D. has their hands full. This is what the R.S.C. was established for right? We clean up the mud you people can't get out of the carpet. I've got two Jedi here, and I'm a bloody capable bloke, we're fine. There's a solution to this case, I know it."

Syrius shut off the comm ubruptly. Although this wasn;t as playful as with Sia-Lan, this was a furius frustration. He turned sharply to Xazor, then Sia-Lan.

"Tell me everything about the Sith. Every bloody detail!" Syrius was mad, it was evident.

The waitress was placing the plates on the table but scurried away as Syrius raised his voice.

"Why would they kill an innocent girl? No, girls?" Syrius corrected himself.

Sia-Lan Darkheart
Mar 31st, 2002, 10:56:20 PM
Sia-lan glances at Xazor then swallows hard. She slowly closes her labtop and places it in her pack.

"Sith are... " She thinks of the correct way to explain it. There was never an easy way to explain your enemys. "Sith are more or less demons. They kill because it causes pain and they thrive on pain. They hate the jedi because we use the force to do good and to protect. They use it to do evil and to kill." Sia glances at Xazor agian for any inputs from her.

Xazor Elessar
Apr 1st, 2002, 10:53:26 AM
Xazor sighed deeply. There were many thoughts on her mind right now.

I was a Sith.......almost all of my life. I can tell you....

She pauses and notices a look of shock on the man's face. Of course, Sia knew.....but now to help Syrius...she'd have to tell him also....

I killed because I needed too....or so I thought. The mind of the Sith is slightly warped. The training is more like brain washing than anything else. They hate all that is good, especially the Jedi people. They kill because it's in their blood.......and the hate they have for others is soul-deep.

She once again paused, feeling a bit uneasy. Sia gave her a confident smile and she continued again.

In a battle, they fight to kill. The pain that they inflict on others....as well as the pain inflicted on themselves causes their anger to rise. They harness this anger and their agression to make themselves more powerful. It boosts the adrenaline in their blood stream and can make them seem on a power-high for as long as a few hours. Sith are very powerful and evil.......and are capable of committing a heinous crime like this without being detected....take it from one who knows......

She swallowed hard as a lump formed in her throat. Flash backs from her past entered her mind, but she quickly forced them out. She smiled weakly and looked up at Syrius.

I escaped it, though.....and now I see the light. I am a Jedi and would never go back to that life.....

She said softly, her voice almost inaudible...

Syrius Cline
Apr 1st, 2002, 01:46:34 PM
Syrius was rattled by her revealation, but pressed on. He didn't care right now, he needed answers.

"Well, if they're so hate filled.... wouldn't they want severe bloodshed and a sign to those who oppose them?"

The crime scenes depicted a malicious murder, yes, but not a rage filled one. It seemed like a claculated strike that was executed with extreme skill and cunning. The killer crept from behind and struck, it would seem, and the bodies were found cold, often face down. No struggle at all.

Xazor Elessar
Apr 1st, 2002, 02:07:42 PM
Xazor shook her head.

Not necessarily. They might want to cover up any suspicion that it was a Sith. Going about it in a....less brutal way, might direct the search......elsewhere......

She said, thinking carefully about where else they might wish to direct the search.

Sage Hazzard
Apr 1st, 2002, 02:13:46 PM
EDIT: Well, this isn't the right user name....

Syrius Cline
Apr 1st, 2002, 02:16:22 PM
Syrius shook his head again, now deep in thought.

"No.... The killer was furious, but... had a purpose. He was trying to prove something. That's why the bodies dropped in large numbers. Someone's trying to send a message...."

Syrius bit into his burger. He then swallowed quickly as a new thought entered his mind.

"Why would a Force User have anything to prove?"

Xazor Elessar
Apr 1st, 2002, 04:53:04 PM
Xazor sighed, she knew that he was going to trust his gut instincts no matter what she said. She smiled and nodded, taking another bite of her salad.

The Sith always have something to prove. Maybe this killer wants to prove that they can get away with it....

She suggested, hoping he took her view into account. She knew very well how the Sith operated, and if this indeed was a Sith.....she was going to make sure they did not get away.....

If you don't mind me asking......how come you always trust your instincts.....or your gut feelings? Haven't you been wrong about things that you just.....have a feeling about?

She had a curious expression on her face as she questioned Syrius. Normal human beings could not usually go by gut instincts.....not for as long as he was. She thought maybe there was something....deeper.....illusive. She just could not put her finger on it.....

Syrius Cline
Apr 2nd, 2002, 06:24:35 AM
Syrius laughed and shook his head.

"No, love, you're looking at one of the best detectives in the galaxy. And all detectives trust their insticts."

Syrius was growing uncomfortable with how she was eying him. He didn't like it at all.

The detective turned to Sia-Lan, who had her laptop.

"Sia, be a dear and check the Republic Database, or whatever the Jedi is listed under, and look for an applicant that was turned down. Turned down," Syrius turned to Xazor and gave a wink, adding. "I've got a feeling."

Sia-Lan Darkheart
Apr 2nd, 2002, 09:38:12 AM
Sia pulls out her lab top again and goes into the search. It takes her a minute because of security but she gets in. She turns the lab top around to show them the list of people turned down from joining the jedi. She moves around to Syrius's other side and looks over his sholder.

"Take your pick."

Syrius Cline
Apr 2nd, 2002, 10:40:29 AM
Among the many explainations for being turned down was "too little midi-clorians". Syrius had no clue what this was... but something told him he was on the right track. He found one name that sparked an interest. Clicking on it he got a full bio and history report. He read off of it briefly to his two companions.

"Callan Dreawer, male. He was born to a slave population. A Jedi rescued him.... but he was found to have no midi-clorians, so he was turned down for the Jedi."

Syrius paused... he reflected on what he read with his own observations.

"His dreams of breaking free and becoming something important was crushed.... so he set out to prove he was worthy. This was one and a half years ago. If this is our guy, he would have ample time to contruct one of those gizmos, and enough time to train to the point where he could delude himself he was a Jedi."

Syrius paused.

"But Jedi don't kill innocent people. So he must be trying to retaliate against them.... if you can't join them, beat them."

Xazor Elessar
Apr 2nd, 2002, 04:35:50 PM
Xazor didn't know what to make of all he was saying. He always has instincts about something......he always trusts his gut feeling......and he pulls information and clues out of nowhere... Thoughts raced through her head until they were interrupted.

No....he wouldn't be a Jedi. The Jedi are a people of peace.....we do not contruct these weapons to kill. Syrius...can you somehow find out the color of the blade?

She questioned, hoping possibly it would help. She thought for a moment and kept studying him. She could feel he was unfomfortable and stopped...sending a Force message to his mind.

I'm sorry.....

She suddenly caught herself and remembered that he probably couldn't hear her.

Sorry...

She said verbally this time. She looked at Sia for a moment and smiled before she resumed eating her salad.

Syrius Cline
Apr 2nd, 2002, 10:19:11 PM
Syrius felt an odd feeling in his brain. It was incredibly scrambled and felt like a cattle prod to the cellebelum. He shrugged it off. His sleep deprivation must be taking it's toll. He contined to speak.

"No, I don't think I can. A Lightsabre's just light, right? So the color wouldn't matter anyhow. But I do have an adress of a suspect."

Syrius pointed to the name of the man he suspected, Callan Dreawer.

"Let's pay him a visit. I think I can get a probable cause warrant."

That meant that if he thought someone was in danger, he could proceed. Who knew, maybe this sicko had a torture chamber?

Xazor Elessar
Apr 2nd, 2002, 10:22:25 PM
Xazor shook her head, puzzled by how he could base.....everything off of his feelings.

How do you just....come to a conclusion like that?

She questioned him with a curious grin on her face.

Syrius Cline
Apr 2nd, 2002, 10:29:00 PM
Syrius pointed to his stomach(gut) and to his head(brain).

"Put the two together, you've got a bloody brillant crime solving machine."

Syrius got out of the booth, laying enough credits to cover the tab on the table.

"Let's go. We don't have much time to waste. He usually strikes every night. And I got a feeling this isn't an exception."

The close obsearver could tell that he had catagorized the criminal as a "he". Indicating he fully believed this Callan was the culprit.

<hr>

After driving for some time, using the New Republic map as a guide, he arrived at a rundown rent house. It was fully rented by Callan. And it was a rather impressive sight. It was two stories, and a basement. The basement had stairs leading from the front to it, for quick access.

The detective turned to the two Jedi.

"Are we ready ladies?"

Xazor Elessar
Apr 2nd, 2002, 10:39:37 PM
Xazor nodded slightly. She had her hand on her lightsaber and a look of determination on her face.

I'm ready.....let's go......

She said with confidence......hoping this man was the right one....

Syrius Cline
Apr 3rd, 2002, 01:44:50 AM
It was times at this that officers usually went for their guns. Syrius never carried a weapon, he was brought up on Alderaan. There they banished all weapons after the Clone Wars. He grew up believeing that a weapon was not the answer.

"Let's go, then."

Syrius hopped out of his speeder, along with the two Jedi women.

"Let me do the talking."

He knocked on the door once. No answer. Suddenly, he looked to the steps that lead down to the basement. He silently motioned towards those steps. He had a feeling.

As they crept down the stone stairs, Syrius felt a twinge of fear. How could he not be afraid? All policemen had to conquer that demon everyday. Suddenly he felt the need to announce himself.

"Callan! This is the R.S.C.! We're coming in. Put down the lightsabre."

How did he know that? How did he know Callan was arming himself?

Syrius didn't think to knock, he knew it was locked and would never be answered. He busted the door off it's hinges. He ran into the center of the room.... or was it a dungeon? The two Jedi women came in after him, lightsabres ready.

BAM

The two women were knocked off their feet by a large durasteel pipe. It hit both of them, knocking them into slumber. Syrius turned around just in time to get a face full of durasteel. He was out cold.

<hr>

Syrius came to shortly after. He could notice through his half shut eyes that the two women were bolted down on chairs that were usually used in insane asylums. The tables were on their edges, putting the women vertically, facing the room.

Syrius was untied, but as woozy as an old drunk. He saw the women slowly coming too. Two ysalamiri were placed between the two Jedi. This creatue repelled the Force, rendering them useless in the Force. However the creature's influence was not over a large area, only the two women would be affected, totally without a connection to the Force. The man had done his homework and footwork. The creatures were rare, only found on the world of Myrkr But Syrius only saw a odd looking creature, one he'd never seen before.

"Like them?" A eerie voice asked from the shadows.

A bright yellow blade shot out from the darkness. A lightsabre does not give off exterior light, so the figure was still shrouded.

"Yeah, I fancy girls, mate. You?" Syrius quipped back, obviously furious with the man.

The mysterious voice cackled with laughter.

"The ysalamiri you fool! They repel the Force, it is their way. On their planet there are animals that use the Force to track and kill them, it is how the ysalamiri protect themself. Your Jedi friends will be of no trouble to me now, and no help to you."

Syrius snorted. "Good trick, mate. But I think you're a bloody idiot. You have to resort to cheap tactics to win. You'll never be a Jedi."

The man cackled again.

"What makes you think I wish to be a Jedi. They are fools!!! I live by own rules. I will kill these two, then you, to prove my way is better."

Syrius laughed.

"What way is that, hmm? You've got no Force power, mate, you're useless."

The figure emerged slightly, showing only the face. It was indeed Callan.

"The Jedi are liars! I know I have the power of the Force! Why do they lie.... Why do you LIE!!!!"

The man charged towards Xazor. He grabbed her cheeks with his hand, squeezing it. He kept the other hand pointed at Syrius, keeping him at bay.

"Why do you lie, Jedi? Why do you lie to me? Why must you keep me from my true role in life? Must I continue killing until I prove I am worthy?" The man almost broke down. He was clearly confused.

Syrius stood, ackwardly bending over. He played Charades with Xazor. He acted out a lightsabre duel then finished with mouthing the words:

The Sword. Give Me Your Sword

The hilt was still attached to Xazor's belt. The man didn't even think to detatch it. Either that or his delusions made him believe he could handle anything that came his way.

Xazor Elessar
Apr 3rd, 2002, 04:31:35 PM
Xazor could not believe what this man was saying. He was no Jedi.....nor could he ever be one. His "way" was truly confused. She suddenly noticed Syrius out of the corner of her eye, playing a game of......cherades with her. She watched closly, confused for a few moments, but then picked up what he was saying when he mouthed it. She looked at the man who was distracted for the moment and slowly reached for her saber. She then quickly unclipped it and suddenly threw it back a distance to Syrius. The man jerked his head up and glared at her.

Do not move Jedi.....or you'll be dead a lot sooner than you thought.......

He growled at her. She smiled lightly and looked at Syrius and nodded slightly, giving him the okay to do whatever he was about to do.....the Force would guide him. She could truly feel it and was beginning to come to the conclusion that he could possibly be Force sensitive. All of his feelings, and the way he predicted things....those were not normal human attributes. She smiled, hoping he would act soon......

Syrius Cline
Apr 3rd, 2002, 11:19:54 PM
Syrius caught the sabre with renewed strength. He had to overcome his woozy feeling if he ever hoped to save himself, and the two Jedi.

The clearly insane man took off his cloak, revealing a black Jedi gi. He laughed as he brought the sabre closer and closer to Xazor's next.

"You will perish slowly Jedi... but not before this fool."

The man turned sharply and angerily towards Syrius..... but he wasn't there.

Syrius was playing a child's game, but in a serious setting. He waited behind Callan's back, then we he turned, he followed his back. This put Syrius between Callan and Xazor, what the detective wanted. He pushed Callan in the back, sending him tumbling foward. The Jedi wannabe quickly recovered and turned, malicious intent in his eyes. Syrius smiled cockily.

"Let us tumble then, mate?"

The man charged towards Syrius. The detective flicked on a single blade, the sabre came to life. He blocked the strike somewhat clumsily. Although the other man was no expert, and was without training as well. Syrius pushed forward with his arms as the sabres blocked, pushing the man back a few meters.

"You will die for your actions!"

Syrius scoffed. "You're not in the right place to make threats, are you now?"

Syrius charged forward. For some odd reason he had a good understanding of what he had to do to bring this fight in his favor. Callan brought a fierce overhead strike. Syrius almost buckled under the strength, his knees bent as he held the sabre over his head, blocking. Suddenly, Syrius almost as deftly as he thought possible, flicked the other blade on. He brought the end up to his chest. Callan jumped back just as the blade nicked him, he moaned in pain and anger,

"You fool! Now you have angered me! And you must die!"

Syrius smiled crooked, almost feeling at ease with the weapon in his hands. "Come on now, I don't want to do this the hard way."

Syrius was against death, if it could be avoided. Although he thouroughly believed in self defence.

Callan charged, striking ametuerly at Syrius's feet. The detective lept to his feet, almost instinctively. He landed and started to swipe with blade at the man's neck. As his blade rose to block, Syrius expertly deactivated that perticular blade, sending Callan's yellow blade into nothing. Syrius twisted his grip into a double handed one on the now single bladed sword. He drove it into Callan's undefended stomach. The yellow blade went dead and Syrius flicked off Xazor's blade in disbelief. He dropped the hilt as the man fell in his arms. His now innocent eyes look Syrius square in the face.

"Thank you."

The eyelids closed. He obviously wanted peace. And maybe now he was more with the Force than he could ever have been before.

Syrius layed the body on it's back, then turned to the two women. His eyes however seemed to look past them. He was not remorsefull, he knew he did what he had to. He was amazed and perplexed at how he had came out of the ordeal with no harm.

<hr>

After a few minutes the women were untied. The ysalamiri were put out of the way, no longer affecting the Jedi. Syrius leaned against the wall.

"Sia, get the morgue on the comm. Give them this address."

Syrius turned to Xazor and handed her the sabre back.

"Thanks, love. You really pulled through back there."

Xazor Elessar
Apr 4th, 2002, 03:02:23 PM
Xazor smiled, taking her saber from his hands. She couldn't believe what he had just done. She clipped the saber to her weapons belt and looked at the body on the floor. She didn't know what to say about everything. In one sense, she was thankful that Syrius had killed the man....but on the other hand, her Jedi instincts told her it was extremely wrong....no matter what the man had done. Killer or not, he was still a human being. She looked at Syrius, her eyes were gentle on him.

Syrius.....I commend you for what you have done, despite the uncertainties and questions that run through my mind. Killing is wrong....it is a stain upon the soul. Sometimes....though, it is necessary. I am a Warrior, and I know that also. Death is never a good thing.....but your willingness to put your life on the line for others is most honorable. You are a noble man, Syrius....

She spoke softly to him and looked at Sia. She smiled at her as she contacted the morgue on the comm unit. Looking back to Syrius, she bowed her head in respect and then thought for a moment. Her mind filled with questions. He had used the saber almost naturally. It was baffling to her and she wished to ask him some questions while they were "semi-alone".

Syrius....you knew that the man was going to attack you from above, didn't you? I knew that through the Force, and I know you did for I saw you raise my saber before he even got there.

She said suddenly. She could see a slight look of shock on his face as she told him her knowledge. She did not know what to make of it. She did not want to make assumptions and be wrong......but she had a strong feeling that he was Force sensitive.

Syrius Cline
Apr 4th, 2002, 11:07:58 PM
Syrius chuckled, shaking off his shock from the question.

"Well, love, it was a lucky guess, you know? I rather fancy the idea of me being a swashbuckler but I'm not. Just got lucky."

He lowered his eyes. The detective was extremely confused at the events that had taken place. What was she babbling about anyhow? It was a lucky guess.... that's all. Wasn't it?

Sia-Lan Darkheart
Apr 5th, 2002, 11:52:05 AM
Sia had got them on the comm quickly and gave them the address. She shut it off and leaned agianst a wall. She kept silent through the entire ordeal. After a while she glances up when they start talking about luck.

"There is no such thing as luck. There is the force and that is all."

Xazor Elessar
Apr 5th, 2002, 01:56:39 PM
Xazor nodded and smiled.

That is true....I think you were helped by the almighty Force....I think you might feel that way too.

She smiled and looked into his face. He was confused and in deep thought.

It's okay if you don't understand...

She spoke to him through the Force this time, making it powerful enough for him to hear...if he could...

Syrius Cline
Apr 5th, 2002, 07:30:01 PM
The almighty Force? What had gotten into these girls. Yeah, he knew it was their religion, but he didn't think it had any merit. Like some mystical energy is binding and leading all things.

Then he was proved wrong. A tremor occured in his head as Xazor spoke. It was hazy at first, like the static of a CB radio. It didn't come in the form of words, Syrius' brain couldn't take words yet, he wasn't trained in the Force well enough. Instead, it was like a she had ran a chill finger through his brain stem, tickling it. He could not decipher the words but the meanings and emotions behind them were clear. And... it hurt like a hot coal. Syrius almost jumped out of his skin.

"What in the bloody hell was that?!" Syrius looked around him. He turned bewildered to the two women. "What was that? You did feel it too, right? I'm not going bonkers, am I?"

Xazor Elessar
Apr 5th, 2002, 07:35:53 PM
Xazor's face lit up with a smile. She turned to Syrius and placed a hand gently on his shoulder.

Syrius....that was me speaking in your mind. I spoke to you through the Force....and you felt it!

She looked up at Sia and smiled, she returned a grin. Her eyes fell back to Syrius's and she smiled gently.

Only those that are indeed Force sensitive would have picked that up.............

He looked confused for a moment and then almost shocked. She smiled a reassuring smile and looked into his eyes.

Those that are Force sensitive are usually.....trained in the Force....as a Jedi......

She said softly, hoping he would catch where this conversation was going. Behind her back, Xazor crossed the fingers on her left hand....hoping deep in her heart that he would understand....

Syrius Cline
Apr 5th, 2002, 11:24:51 PM
Syrius gulped. Jedi? What was this woman babbling about? Suddenly... he knew, just like all of his hunches, he knew what she was leading to.

"I'm no Jedi, Ms. Dawnstrider. You spoke in my head, alright, not the other way around. And you said it was okay if I didn't understand!"

Wait.... was that what she had said? Syrius honestly didn't know. But.... didn't he just repeat what she had said. Her expression was worth a thousand words. Syrius didn't relize that only a Force intuitive person can interpet the words that easily...

He almost read her mind as he continued.

"That doesn't mean a bloody thing!"

Syrius started laughing as he saw the absurb reality of the situation.

"Okay, Ms. Jedi, if I do what you want, what will that accomplish?"

Xazor Elessar
Apr 6th, 2002, 12:16:30 AM
Xazor laughed slightly. She smiled gently as his expression changed a thousand times over.

It isn't something that I want you to do...it has to be something you want for yourself. It will accomplish great things! I think that you would be a great asset to the Jedi....

She smiled slyly for a moment and watched his expression change once again.

You heard what I said in your mind.....I think that you have Force potential....

Xazor didn't want to make a wrong assumption...but she truly felt this in her heart....

Syrius Cline
Apr 6th, 2002, 12:29:15 AM
Syrius sighed frustrated. He threw his hands up in the air, laughing.

"What is this great Jedi Order? Let's say I do have potential, which I think is nonsense, what in lord's name would do? Sit around and think about the subtle nothingness that is the Force? I mean, really, wouldn't I be a greater asset just staying a regular guy, working the streets? What's better in the long run for society, detectives that keep the peace, or Jedi?"

Syrius obviously didn't understand the full range of a Jedi's duties and capabilites. He had called for the Jedi because of one of his hunches. He thought they'd have insight into the Lightsabre fiasco. He had no idea they were, in the most true form, keepers of the peace.

Xazor Elessar
Apr 6th, 2002, 12:37:15 AM
Xazor stood up and looked into his eyes, hers full of honesty and intent.

Syrius.....life is worth more if you were to live it as a Jedi. We are the peace keepers! True, the work of detectives and police officers is important.....but the work of a Jedi is even more so.

She turned around feeling as though she was getting now where.....but she was not going to give up that easily. Sighing, she turned around to face him once again with a smile.

Your life would be more fulfilling....true, the path of the Jedi is not easy....but in the end, it is worth everything...

She said with great emphasis. Her voice rang in his head and seemed to hold onto the air for several moments after she said the words.

Syrius Cline
Apr 6th, 2002, 12:47:38 AM
Syrius' heart dropped..... They say that you see your entire life right before you die. Well, for some odd reason, Syrius was seeing the rest of his life. Maybe it was a glimpse, maybe it was a daydream, maybe he was going insane. It didn't matter. The very thing he went on his entire life, hunches and gut feelings, were pointing him in a specific direction now. Who was he to ignore them now when they just saved his life?

"Sia..... You're in charge of the R.S.C. until further notice."

Syrius stared into her eyes, then smiled.

"Alright, Jedi, you better not be pulling my leg. The first time someone asks me to turn over my assets to the Force Fund, I'm jetting, understand?" He chuckled.

He was hiding his unsure and split thoughts with cynical and jokular words. He wasn't sure what he had just gotten himself into.... but he had an odd feeling, that everything was beginning to look a wee bit better.

Xazor Elessar
Apr 6th, 2002, 12:54:08 AM
Xazor smiled brightly, joy building in her soul. She nodded and gently laid a hand on his shoulder once again.

No one will ask you to pay anything....do not worry about a thing....you will do well.

She glanced at Sia and smiled, and she returned the gesture with one just as bright as her own. Looking back to Syrius, Xazor grinned.

I am not pulling anything...shall we leave, love?

She couldn't resist adding the last word....it was so cute how he said it all the time, and she thought she would point it out to lighten to mood a bit....

Syrius Cline
Apr 6th, 2002, 01:02:58 AM
"Maybe a bit of you will rub off on me then," Syrius smiled as he shook his head in disbelief.

He pushed open the door and Xazor passed through. Syrius looked at Sia just before he exited the basement as well.

"I know you'll do great kiddo. But just don't get too comfortable in that office."

Syrius closed the door behind him, adding a wink as he stated the last thing to Sia-Lan. She was a good girl, bright, she'd keep a tight ship.

<hr>

Syrius got in after Xazor, sitting down at the driver's seat.

"So, off to the Jedi Academy, then?" Syrius asked rhetoricly as he pushed the gas peddle down.

The speeder went speeding off to the location where Xazor had departed the shuttle. There'd be a shuttle going back to her origin soon enough, and they'd be on that flight. Syrius had a feeling he needn't pack, he didn't really have any possesions anyway. Leather Jackets could be bought throughout the galaxy anyhow.

Xazor Elessar
Apr 6th, 2002, 01:07:31 AM
Xazor smiled as they wizzed through the city in the speeder.

Yes, off to the Greater Jedi Order.....

She said with joy. Her heart overflowed at this event. It was truly something wonderful...to be celebrated. Once they arrived at the shuttle, Xazor took her things from the speeder and borded with Syrius, not to far behind her.

Now a whole new world will be opened unto you....

She turned and said to him as she felt the shuttle lurch forward. They were truly right on time for this one, as it was departing shortly after they arrived.....