PDA

View Full Version : ESPN 'Critic' Hates Every Movie of 2001!! (funny stuff)

JonathanLB
Mar 27th, 2002, 08:20:56 PM
Here is the full link: http://espn.go.com/page2/s/simmons/020327.html

Here are the movies he lists as being the worst of the year in various parts of the article:

The Fast and the Furious, Driven, Planet of the Apes, Swordfish, Pearl Harbor, Legally Blonde, Vanilla Sky, Hannibal, The Last Castle, A.I., Ocean's Eleven, Jurassic Park 3, Tomb Raider, The Majestic, The Score, Rat Race, and Jeepers Creepers. Then he threw in two good films from the wrong years, Collateral Damage (2002) and Snatch (2000).

Hmmm, ok let's see here. I give about 10 four star ratings per year. I think he lists half of the best movies of the year on his doodoo list.

Vanilla Sky, Hannibal, A.I., The Majestic, Planet of the Apes, and Pearl Harbor.

Then almost everything else was really high three and a half stars, as in I was close to giving it that "A-" grade, four stars, but I couldn't. The Score, Legally Blonde (best chick flick in ages), Tomb Raider (not so close, a solid 3.5), Jeepers Creepers, The Last Castle, Ocean's Eleven (close to four), The Fast and the Furious, Swordfish, JP3 (solid 3.5), and Snatch.

Then Collateral Damage and Rat Race were three stars in my book.

He basically listed all of the best 20 films of the year and said they sucked. I do not believe there is a single person on earth who really does not like all of the movies on that list. I know for a fact there is not anyone who posts at this forum who would agree with that entire list. In fact, I very much doubt anyone dislikes even half of those films.

This guy should seriously stick to sports, he is a total idiot at movies.

JMK
Mar 27th, 2002, 09:19:28 PM
An idiot he may be, but he got you to, a movie critic to read his article on a SPORTS site, and now he's gotten you to post the link here. Dude, he got you! Hook, line and sinker! :lol

But you're right, there's no way anyone would hate all of those movies. I've got six of them on DVD in my room for crying out loud!

JonathanLB
Mar 28th, 2002, 03:03:08 AM
I posted it because he is actually a good sports commentator, IMO, and I visit ESPN like 2 times per day at least, hehe.

I went to the Blazers vs. Spurs game tonight! :) That was absolutely awesome. I am totally convinced the Blazers are the best team in the NBA right now. Aside from meaningless losses to the Grizzlies and Nuggets, we ended the Kings' 12-game winning streak near the start of 2002, then we went on a 12-game winning streak of our own, beating the Kings easily by 12 (I was at this game too), beating the T-Wolves, beating the Lakers just before the win streak, beating the Nets here, beat the Sonics, Clippers, then beat Boston on the road just last week, now we ended the Spurs 13-game winning streak.

Only three streaks this season have reached 12 games or more. They all have one thing in common: the Blazers ended them all.

Oh, and of course, our leading scorer and team leader, Rasheed Wallace, was not even playing except for a few minutes in the first quarter because of lower back injuries. Pretty sad if they cannot even beat us in that case, lol. Now they are 4th in the West, we are 5th, so that should be something to think about for them given that nobody wants to play the Blazers in the first round. That is almost certain elimination in 4 games.

Dangit, my dad got to go to that Mavs game where we were up by FORTY SIX points, hehe, oh man what a blowout. I wish we got to play them in the first round, it'd be a total cakewalk. Now the Lakers are the next game on Friday, but without Wallace we won't win that, so I hope he is back.

As for those films I listed, hehe, yeah let's see how many of those I have on DVD...

I have 14 on DVD, but the rest of them are not out yet. Vanilla Sky, Collateral Damage, and Ocean's Eleven I guess. I still need to get The Last Castle, but I've only seen it once.