PDA

View Full Version : preview figures.....

Starquest aka AndyR
Mar 26th, 2002, 02:49:57 PM
So the preview figures are really cool, but something perplexes me....

Why put an astromech droid in them? Jango I understand, clonetrooper I understand, Zam wessell I understand, but an astromech?

Does anyone know the point to it being a part of the sneak preview?
I dont want spoilers or anything specific, but does the droid play a role that is important? Inquiring minds....

sirdizzy
Mar 26th, 2002, 03:01:32 PM
it probably doesn't kenner likes to push figures people wouldn't buy normally because their low collectible appeal

so by making a sneak peak they'll sell more then if they released it with the 26 figs that come out on april 23rd

JMK
Mar 26th, 2002, 03:51:54 PM
Because they know that whatever they put out there, people will buy. I would have preferred if they had just kept it at Jango and Zam, and leave it as a 'bounty hunter' thing.

Jedieb
Mar 28th, 2002, 09:40:44 AM
I'm a sucker for droids so I'm not complaining, but it does seem to be a strange choice. Jango is obviously the most popular of the four. He sold out quickly in my area and I've read reports of people never even seeing him at retail. The figures seem to be doing well overall. One of my local WalMarts just sold out of ALL their preview figures.

JMK
Mar 29th, 2002, 05:03:13 PM
My Wal Mart never even received the preview figures! Toys R Us did, and they're swimming in all of them except for Jango! :(