PDA

View Full Version : Disciplinary action voting

TheHolo.Net
Mar 25th, 2002, 05:07:25 PM
Please vote and or make coments per the disciplinary action here. Comments are not required but votes are.

Thanks
~Chris

Mara Jade (Liz): Banning? Yes [Based on IP evidence of infiltration]

Jeseth Cloak (Carlos): Banning? No [No evidence that holds water as of yet]

Champion of the Force
Mar 25th, 2002, 05:13:00 PM
Mara - Yes

Jeseth - No. There's not enough evidence of any wrongdoing as of yet.

At the moment I think all we can go on is the fact that private information from TSE was hacked and posted here. Anything else has got to be further looked at.

Charley
Mar 25th, 2002, 05:23:08 PM
I agree to ban Liz.

Jeseth should be given some kind of wrist-slap...if for anything, for being stupid enough to trust liz.

ReaperFett
Mar 25th, 2002, 05:35:15 PM
Mara - ban

Jes - Keep looking into. Nothing conclusive, but best to have a snoop round

TheHolo.Net
Mar 25th, 2002, 05:55:47 PM
As an aside to the actual voting I thought I should mention something that was brought up in the other thread.

I have just had a look at Liz's names and a few I am not positive about. It appears to me that she was also sharing email addressess with Soth's sister, which makes banning her and not including Soh's sister near impossible.

This is the email address that she registered the Lady Mara Jade name with:

LadyNadiaRaine@aol.com

and this is the email that she registered the Morgana Dreada name with:

DLostDreams@aol.com

The first email address turns up these two registered names on the board:

Lady Mara Jade
Nadia Raine

and the second email address turns up these names, one of which I am positive is Liz's but the others I am not certain of:

Alana Stormcloud
Empress Ashiva
Evangeline Starbreeze
Jaded Hart
Lady Pandora
Morgana Dreada
Queen Ashiva
Raine Callador

Proceeding with her banning will not be easy. :x

Champion of the Force
Mar 25th, 2002, 05:59:34 PM
Which groups are those people with? Maybe we should let the groups in question know so we can find out who is who and then warn them of their e-mails clashing.

TheHolo.Net
Mar 25th, 2002, 06:00:28 PM
I think most are associated with the new Vamp split off group "The Shrine" of which I think Jedah is a member.

Charley
Mar 25th, 2002, 06:01:13 PM
I could get Sothie's sis to change her account email addys...either that or use the "lost password" feature to change access to Liz's accounts registered there.

TheHolo.Net
Mar 25th, 2002, 06:02:37 PM
That sounds like a good idea Charley. Soth's sister changing her email addy on accounts here is a good solution so that we can ban the right names and the possibly "shared" email account as well.

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Mar 25th, 2002, 10:09:57 PM
Anything to get Nadia and Liz separated do it ASAP cuz I favored a banning on Liz. There is enough to do it.

I concur with Fett, nothing conclusive to do anything about Jeseth but we need to see if he was working with Liz in all this hacking. Plotting the demise of a group through RP doesn't hold water to ban. Everyone has done that or at least thought of it :lol Hacking, posting messages in locked forums, inflitrating and anything like that can be proved that he did do.. then he should be banned.

Sorry for not being around. Considering everything, which most all of you have read, can you really blame me -_-

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 26th, 2002, 12:48:27 AM
I'd say ban Mara Jade and wait on Jes

Shawn
Mar 26th, 2002, 06:23:19 AM
I have to agree with everyone else, based on the evidence. Although I wish I had some more details.

TheHolo.Net
Mar 26th, 2002, 10:28:33 AM
Originally posted by Shawn
I have to agree with everyone else, based on the evidence. Although I wish I had some more details. I can provide you with more details. Give me a shout when you're around.

TheHolo.Net
Mar 26th, 2002, 10:47:39 AM
Note: Back on main topic- As soon as the email address situation is all straightened out I will proceed with the banning of names and email addresses.

JMK
Mar 26th, 2002, 10:52:30 AM
Yeah, after reading all that stuff, I agree on banning Liz and holding on for Jeseth.

imported_Eve
Mar 26th, 2002, 09:12:52 PM
I don't know what you're all talking about re: Jes.

Liz - Yes.

Champion of the Force
Mar 27th, 2002, 06:01:57 PM
So has Liz been banned yet, or is it still been reviewed?

TheHolo.Net
Mar 27th, 2002, 06:03:36 PM
Still waiting on the email address thing to get solved.

Have you spoken to Soth's sister yet Charley?

Champion of the Force
Mar 27th, 2002, 06:11:49 PM
Ok

Pierce Tondry
Mar 27th, 2002, 07:05:25 PM
Big Green: Mind e-mailing me the contents of this evil post? I'm curious enough to want to know, now.

As far as the ban votes go:

Mara: Ban, as long as the evidence holds.

Jeseth: This is tricky for two reasons:
a.) He's not really around all that much at the moment and hasn't been for several weeks, so actual wrongdoing on his part appears unlikely and there is a gap between planning and acting.
b.) As a member of TBH, I have been made aware of things in the past which may or may not be true. The record is damning, or would be if it wasn't hearsay and conjecture from secondary sources.

So I think we need to be honest. We should warn him of what was going on and the circumstances he finds himself in, as well as why those circumstances exist. Then he needs to be on good behavior for at least three months in order to defeat those accusations.

Champion of the Force
Mar 27th, 2002, 07:17:50 PM
Ogre and myself are already planning something for Jeseth. Don't worry - it's being organised. :)

TheHolo.Net
Mar 27th, 2002, 07:40:51 PM
Originally posted by Pierce Tondry
Big Green: Mind e-mailing me the contents of this evil post? I'm curious enough to want to know, now.Email is away. Now I'm just waiting on the word regarding Soh's sister so that I can proceed with Liz's banning.

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Mar 28th, 2002, 12:24:33 AM
Planning something for Jeseth? Uh oh O_o

Sanis Prent
Mar 28th, 2002, 11:53:52 AM
I haven't seen her online in a bit...but then again, I haven't been on much lately.

I will notify her asap

TheHolo.Net
Mar 28th, 2002, 03:53:10 PM
Thanks Charley.

I just recently came across a hack that I think may be useful in this instance. Seeing that we cannot IP ban Liz due to her being an AOL user, I was wondering if it wouldn’t be a good idea to restrict guest access to the two OOC forums. The new hack will allow me to set security permissions on a individual forum basis that would allow me to make it so someone not logged in couldn’t read topics in the OOC forums. Anyone else think that would be a good idea?

Champion of the Force
Mar 28th, 2002, 07:53:29 PM
No.

Doing that and you restrict the average forum browser who is deciding whether this is a good place to register and participate.

If you start restricting the forums you can potentially scare off would be registees.

Champion of the Force
Mar 29th, 2002, 07:09:24 PM
Update:

Jeseth has responded. I'll PM you Ogre (your SWFans account)and fill you in on the details.

Also please let us know when Liz's banning has gone through. I would like to PM Lynch when it's done so he knows that we didn't 'forget' to do it.

Sanis Prent
Mar 29th, 2002, 08:43:48 PM
Sothie's sis has been notified, and is changing the email and password on the Morgana Dreada and Evangeline Starbreeze accounts, since they belong to Liz, under her name.

The accounts will now have the email of LadyNadiaRaine@aol.com

Liz is now ready to be banned under that email address, and any other means decided upon.

TheHolo.Net
Mar 29th, 2002, 08:56:54 PM
Thanks. :) I am in process of taking care of it now.

TheHolo.Net
Mar 29th, 2002, 09:03:07 PM
The email address LadyNadiaRaine@aol.com has been banned as have these four names:

Evangeline Starbreeze
Lady Mara Jade
Morgana Dreada
Nadia Raine

If anyone is aware of any other email addresses in Liz’s possession or spots her registering under another name, please let an admin know by either a post in this thread or a PM.

Thanks

Champion of the Force
Mar 29th, 2002, 09:26:27 PM
I have PMed Lynch and let him know of Liz's banning.

Unless he and/or TSE still has other problems it wants to be looked at I daresay this will be the end of it (for now).

TheHolo.Net
Mar 29th, 2002, 09:34:41 PM
Duh, I also baned The Abomination and the corresponding email address. :o