PDA

View Full Version : Mod powers board wide ...

Champion of the Force
Mar 21st, 2002, 11:50:43 PM
From this thread:

http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12625

This isn't a forum that I moderate, but I suggest that the last post be deleted. I'd do it if I could. - Eve
Aren't all mods have powers board wide, regardless of their particular 'section' they're assigned to?

Or is Eve an exception? :huh

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Mar 21st, 2002, 11:53:15 PM
I have no idea :|

:: goes to check out other forums ::

edit~ Looks like I can edit and do whatever I wish in the other forums.

Champion of the Force
Mar 22nd, 2002, 12:00:17 AM
Maybe it's just Eve specifically who can't moderate everywhere then.

TheHolo.Net
Mar 22nd, 2002, 12:02:36 AM
Or maybe she just didn't try? Probably not wanting to step on any toes or anything is my guess.

Champion of the Force
Mar 22nd, 2002, 12:05:16 AM
Hmmm, never thought of it from that angle. I read it as a technical limitation. :)

TheHolo.Net
Mar 22nd, 2002, 12:07:37 AM
I've tested it and those who are in the Moderator usergroup have board wide powers. Eve is in the Moderators usergroup so... :p

JMK
Mar 22nd, 2002, 09:58:12 AM
I would think she just didn't want to step on the toes of the mod who usually hangs there. Its what I would do too...

imported_Eve
Mar 23rd, 2002, 01:30:57 AM
I have mod powers board wide. That just isn't my "jurisdiction".

Champion of the Force
Mar 23rd, 2002, 01:42:08 AM
Ahh, the mystery is solved. :p

Thanks for the clarification Eve. :)

imported_Eve
Mar 23rd, 2002, 10:50:09 AM
No problemo.

It was Ahnk. He posted a link to a board that was, in a word, "bad". Just a bunch on senseless posts filled with cursing and insults. He had no other comment which pertained to the thread, just posted the link.

He deleted it minutes after I posted that, so he knew what he was doing.

It's not so much about stepping on toes, because we are a team, but being a non-roleplayer and moding that forum may piss some people off. I thought that we had kinda set that rule here anyway (being that certain names are above certain forums). I mean no one specifically said that to me, I just assumed that.

Just for future notice: should I have edited that post? I know the board has general policies, and we ALL must watch out for that, but then, of course, there will be forum-specific issues, which then would fall to that forum's mod. Can someone clear this up for me, please?

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 23rd, 2002, 02:32:30 PM
Man, fool can't we just go ahead and ban him, all he wants to do is be a nuiciance here.

Champion of the Force
Mar 23rd, 2002, 07:15:31 PM
Just for future notice: should I have edited that post? I know the board has general policies, and we ALL must watch out for that, but then, of course, there will be forum-specific issues, which then would fall to that forum's mod. Can someone clear this up for me, please?
Well I have no hesitation in moderating the Roleplaying section if I see a problem, but then again I used to head the section once upon a time so no one seems to mind me doing that.

I think you probably did the right thing in leaving it to the actual RP staff. Officially mods/admins would only moderate their own section and only moderate other sections if there was a serious problem (like a troll spamming the board or something) that required immediate attention.

And of course, if posters specifically want something to be handled by a mod/admin (say a deletion of a post of something) that would be ok to.

That's my view anyway. :)

Man, fool can't we just go ahead and ban him, all he wants to do is be a nuiciance here.
He appears to have gone quiet ever since Gue got banned.

TheHolo.Net
Mar 23rd, 2002, 07:21:31 PM
Originally posted by Champion of the Force
He appears to have gone quiet ever since Gue got banned. Not entirely, but his posts have not been as flamitory. The name he has been using of late is Micheal Rashanagok.