PDA

View Full Version : Walmart promotion

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 21st, 2002, 05:53:24 PM
I read this on theforce.net last night
I just spoke to a good friend who is a Wal-Mart toy department manager, and she told me some interesting thisngs about the upcoming release of Episode 2 merchandise. First, she showed me her flip book that has pictures of what the major toy displays will be for the spring, including Star Wars. The items in the picture were small but I could make out the names of some of the vehicles and games that were on the bottom shelf. It was all stuff we saw in Toy Fair pictures anyway, but it is cool to see it all packaged and lining the shelves and pegs. She had also just received the floor decals that will lead shoppers to the Episode 2 section. I have no idea what they look like.
The real kicker is this. As a manager, she receives videos about upcoming toy promotions, and she watched one on the Episode 2 toys. On the video was the complete "Clone War" trailer! After that, the video presentation said that to entice fans to do their Star Wars shopping at Wal-Mart on April 23, Wal-Mart stores will be showing an exclusive Wal-Mart-only trailer for Attack of the Clones! It will be shown on April 23, presumably from the monitors that hang from the ceiling throughout the store. There was no word on what the trailer will show or if it will be shown only on the 23rd, but this is the first I've heard about any of this. The video said that managers will receive more information on March 26. Bug your Wal-Mart toy manager today!

This sounds very cool, especially the new trailer, I wonder if every Walmart will have it?

darth_mcbain
Mar 21st, 2002, 06:01:38 PM
Is it supposed to be different from the one we've already seen? Not that they need that to get me to do my SW shopping there - its where I usually go to get my stuff...

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 21st, 2002, 06:05:02 PM
The report said it is but it could just end up being Mystery since that has not been released any where but on the DVD and has finally been allowed to be dowloaded by people who don't have a DVD-Rom. I will probably end up going there too, they had a great selection last time.

JMK
Mar 22nd, 2002, 09:33:28 AM
As cool as new SW footage always is, I personally don't feel the need to see more AotC trailers. I've seen enough with these 4 trailers and my interest and excitement can't be anymore piqued than it is right now. Any more info would just start to spoil it.

sirdizzy
Mar 22nd, 2002, 10:49:53 AM
ok coolness thats where i was goign anyways because i got connections and can get a %10 discount on my toys

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 22nd, 2002, 02:54:02 PM
That is why I am wondering if its Mystery most of the general public hasn't seen it so to them it would be new.