PDA

View Full Version : Regarding Gue

Darth Vader
Mar 20th, 2002, 06:15:55 PM
http://pub5.ezboard.com/fthegungancouncilfrm34.showMessage?topicID=1525.to pic

Champion of the Force
Mar 20th, 2002, 06:24:56 PM
Let them play as they will.

I personally wouldn't even bother responding on other boards where posters decide to post their concerns (like Darth23 did on CC.Net) - kind of gives the impression of 'Big Brother' following posters around. If they actually give a damn they would come and post here.

ReaperFett
Mar 20th, 2002, 06:29:11 PM
GashJiren: Yeah, I know.
GashJiren: I'm just giving props for those who showed up and TGC and put Gue in his place.
GashJiren: and meaning at...
GashJiren: And Ceel.

Others appear to get bugged by it all :)

Champion of the Force
Mar 20th, 2002, 06:30:26 PM
From ReaperFett of TGC:

Hi Ceel. Good to see you posting at SWFans again. When offensive names appear, we do check e-mail addresses you know.
:rolleyes

So much for me trying to play ignorant and diplomatic in the afffair.

Can I ask for a little unofficial rule please?

If a mod/admin is handling something - back off or at least let the mod/admin in question know you're also taking a gander.

It's just after Ogre and Reaper following Darth to CC.Net after I had told Darth I would keep to e-mail, and now Reaper posting we know Ceel was using 'Darth Penis' just after I send a PM off prtending to be unaware of the fact, it kind of gets annoying.

I'm not angry, but a little bit of restraint would be nice. :)

Pierce Tondry
Mar 20th, 2002, 06:35:59 PM
Sorry about that, Dav. Since the other guys broke the dam I figured I'd toss in my $0.02 there as well. Which is kind of sad since I was the one who supported your strategy, but in my defense I really didn't like the thought of Ceel sitting on another board thumbing his nose at the SWFans Mods without consequence.

Good rule to have in place for the future, though.

Champion of the Force
Mar 20th, 2002, 06:44:26 PM
That's ok :). What's done is done. Just like Ogre asking for Gue to only be handled by him, I think a general agreement to let the staff member handling a situation have a bit of space and have others avoid interfering would be a good thing to do.

but in my defense I really didn't like the thought of Ceel sitting on another board thumbing his nose at the SWFans Mods without consequence.
Enter my world. I've long since stopped caring what others boards say about SWFans (ok ok - I DO care, but I bite my tongue and don't jump up to respond) and instead treat the issues as they arrive HERE.

This is where our zone is - let's operate as best we can within it and not bother fighting battles at other battlefields where there can be little gain. :)

Pierce Tondry
Mar 20th, 2002, 06:47:38 PM
I'll agree to that, but I do think that on the occasions when we can reach out and touch somebody, we should. It's a bit like a prankster throwing a brick through your window- you don't want them to do that, so if you know who the perpetrator is you nail them in the act.

TheHolo.Net
Mar 20th, 2002, 07:01:06 PM
Got to love the advertising we get for nothing. :)

As for Gue, I didn't see a single poster support his use of the Jen Katrina character and we as a staff had already decided that the use of names like Itala and Ceel were unethical, so I feel I did the right thing by moderating the situation. He can label it what he likes, but I do wonder how he would like someone taking his name and RPing with it without his consent. Oh well, life goes on and the drama queens never quit trying.

I still haven't been contacted by him, so all I see this situation as is him crying for sympathy for something he specifically requested himself. I will say nothing to him, Ceel, or anyone else on another board about it.

Champion of the Force
Mar 20th, 2002, 07:03:22 PM
we as a staff had already decided that the use of names like Itala and Ceel were unethical
Was the General Ceel username removed as well?

(I'm not complaining - I support the move - I just wasn't aware of it :))

TheHolo.Net
Mar 20th, 2002, 07:04:18 PM
Yes, I took control of it as well.

Darth Vader
Mar 20th, 2002, 07:18:21 PM
my sock! :cry

;)

its all good

TheHolo.Net
Mar 20th, 2002, 07:19:56 PM
:lol >D :p

It needed to be done to follow the ethical stance we decided on with the Itala name.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 20th, 2002, 11:10:32 PM
Well at least its advertising, lets hope though we don't start a war over it, its not like CCnet which we hava a good relationship with except maybe Darth (heck Darth might even come back he still comes here but hasn't posted in a while) I just pray we don't have a flame war or a bunch of trolls coming from Ceel's board.

TheHolo.Net
Mar 20th, 2002, 11:43:57 PM
You know, if Gue would take the time to cal down I suspect that some kind of compromise could be reached with the whole situation with the clone. If he had the guts to actually speak to me instead of flame me on other boards, maybe he could come back and discuss options with the community, but alas no, oh well.

Champion of the Force
Mar 20th, 2002, 11:53:14 PM
I think he just feels off-put (and maybe a little stupid) that he was called out by most of the posters as he did and he wanted to have an excuse to leave. His constant remarks of 'I'm glad you banned me else I would have gone through with it' (with what?) to me suggest he wanted to take on the system yet didn't feel confident enough as so thus he asked for a banning to at least give himself an excuse not to have to go through with it.