PDA

View Full Version : Post counts

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 20th, 2002, 01:13:20 AM
I just noticed that they have been removed from under my name was that something decided recently?

Champion of the Force
Mar 20th, 2002, 03:57:01 AM
That was done a couple of weeks ago.

I personally never noticed it, since the Basic and Text Based styles (which I tend to stick to) never displayed them to begin with.

JMK
Mar 20th, 2002, 08:53:34 AM
:lol Welcome back Carr!

Actually, I just noticed they were taken away from our profiles as well. When did that happen?o_O

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 20th, 2002, 01:21:02 PM
I hadn't been paying attention to it I guess, I also noticed that in Statistics that top posters are gone, but I am guessing that relates to the whole spam thing.

Champion of the Force
Mar 20th, 2002, 04:46:14 PM
Actually, I just noticed they were taken away from our profiles as well. When did that happen?
I just noticed that myself.

One of the posters mentioned yesterday the idea of removing them completely to discourage spamming, so maybe Shawn/Ogre acted on that idea.

TheHolo.Net
Mar 20th, 2002, 04:56:58 PM
The post counts still exist, and so do the top poster pages, but they are much harder to get to now because I commented out the HTML that lead to them so that ppl can't use them as a competition so easily anymore.

Champion of the Force
Mar 20th, 2002, 05:20:24 PM
The Members list also displays users' post totals as well.

TheHolo.Net
Mar 20th, 2002, 06:57:29 PM
Thank you, I'll comment that out as well here soon. I will also look into removing post counts from PMs sent and recieved.

Champion of the Force
Mar 20th, 2002, 07:00:01 PM
Do we plan to keep stars up and running?

(I admittedly like them and think they add a bit of colour :))

TheHolo.Net
Mar 20th, 2002, 07:03:04 PM
I was planning to, and there may come a time when I bring post counts back, but for now I wanted to try to cut the competition speed posting down to some extent if at all possible by making it harder for people to see their counts and compare them to others.

TheHolo.Net
Mar 20th, 2002, 07:12:49 PM
I think for the time being, I'll leave the memberlist as is, since there is no way to sort it by post count.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 20th, 2002, 11:20:01 PM
Now I know why everybod thought I was a doofus:lol , I meant to say under my profile I was wondering what you were talking about David, I could have swore I saw them there the other day. I don't blame you guys for doing it maybe certain people won't post nearly as much (though one is gone, and I bet Sith Ankh might follow him)