PDA

View Full Version : Lord Gue...

TheHolo.Net
Mar 19th, 2002, 02:00:33 PM
..has been banned based on his own demand/request. Who am I to argue with it?

http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12583

Shawn
Mar 19th, 2002, 02:13:06 PM
O_o

Champion of the Force
Mar 19th, 2002, 08:21:08 PM
Considering he was banned when he asked, are we willing to UNban him if he asks again?

I personally would't have bothered giving him the banning, but there's no harm in it consdering he specifically asked for it. :)

In other news, Azhure Darkstone has posted the following thread about giving people chances:

http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12591

I assume it's in relation to recent staff actions in regards to banning and curbing of spam.

TheHolo.Net
Mar 19th, 2002, 08:25:19 PM
My email address is plainly visible even on the screen that tells him he is banned. If he were to ask I would restore his access.

If he had not included the words "I mean that" in his demand/request, I would not have done so, but being as he said it in such a way, I can't go making us look like we don't or won't take action. Or else we could possibly lose all control.

I'm not sure about that other thread and you could very well be right, but I still feel my action was completely justified on the grounds of how he worded his demand/request.

I want people to take what we say seriously, so I expect their words to be taken seriously as well.

Champion of the Force
Mar 19th, 2002, 08:32:01 PM
In regards to the thread I linked to above I don't think there's any real reason to respond unless others also put their thoughts in as well which may warrant a response. Already Gue's banning has been discussed to a slight degree in the thread where he was banned and no one questioned the decision (no surprise considering he specifically asked for it).

Charley
Mar 19th, 2002, 08:34:17 PM
if he asked, he asked.

As much as my personal feelings may speak against him, I'm being impartial in the sense of moderation.

If he wants back in...let him.

TheHolo.Net
Mar 19th, 2002, 08:35:10 PM
Let me also point out that I feel the restoration of his access will require his contacting me specifically, since I was the one that he demanded ban him. I would rather not see a situation of "well, Ogre did this but CotF did this instead" be twisted into a situation of making us look like we aren't all on the same page and or can be manipulated. So if he contacts one of the other staff members regarding this action, please either direct him to email me or let me know.

Champion of the Force
Mar 19th, 2002, 08:37:01 PM
Ok then. :)

PS. Is Gue banned from the whole board or just OOC?

TheHolo.Net
Mar 19th, 2002, 08:38:31 PM
Whole board.

And BTW: The plainly visible email link that I spoke of is the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of every forum page besides the portal.

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Mar 19th, 2002, 10:50:01 PM
:: shakes her head ::

sigh... I agree that he needs to contact Ogre... that way everything is done by the same person and when the ban is lifted... he needs a quick refresher course on spamming and not posting in anger. Which is why he is banned in the first place

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 19th, 2002, 11:33:14 PM
I have to agree he asked for it, I don't frequent the OCC boards very much so I am not going to comment any more on him.