PDA

View Full Version : boshek or nasa astranaunt

sirdizzy
Mar 17th, 2002, 02:00:13 AM
while boshek is a pretty cool fig who thought his helmet looks like an astranaunt helmet

Jedieb
Mar 17th, 2002, 09:22:50 AM
I liked the helmet. It's the biggest one we've seen yet on a figure, but if you think about it, shouldn't a spacer's helmet be that big? Or maybe Boshek has helmet envy and he's trying to overcompensate?

sirdizzy
Mar 17th, 2002, 11:44:38 AM
ya never see him with a helmet in the movie though kenner is just making it up

Jedieb
Mar 17th, 2002, 07:30:44 PM
They're either making it up or there's some reference picture floating around that Hasbro got their hands on. I'm sure there's some EU story about how his helmet helped save the galaxy. I went by a couple of WalMarts today and saw BoShek sitting there all by his lonesome. I think Teebo will be the hottest seller of this group with R9 a close second. Dizzy, I noticed you said Kenner, it's hard to let that name go isn't it?

sirdizzy
Mar 17th, 2002, 07:38:44 PM
what is it now if its not kenner

i liked the boshek the best personaly then the teebo

Jedieb
Mar 18th, 2002, 09:16:13 PM
Right now it's just Hasbro. Hasbro bought Kenner years ago. When POTF2 first started out you could still see the Kenner logo on the packaging. I checked some of my red carded figures just to be sure. Eventually Hasbro dropped the Kenner name and logo alltogether. By the time EP1 came around it was gone for good. Late POTF2, EP1, and POTJ packaging have no mention of Kenner whatsoever. I don't think you'll find the Kenner name on any of the new packaging either. They've even closed down the old Cinncinati offices where all those vintage figures were designed. Hasbro just swallowed little old Kenner up. :(

sirdizzy
Mar 19th, 2002, 09:13:27 AM
well old habits are hard to break

imported_QuiGonJ
Mar 19th, 2002, 12:45:18 PM
Someone wears that helmet in an establishing shot of the Cantina... whether it was BoShek or not no one knows.

sirdizzy
Mar 19th, 2002, 02:11:27 PM
where did ya see the shot from is it downloadable