PDA

View Full Version : Proposed fleet rule amendment: Exiting Fleet Roleplay

Sanis Prent
Mar 15th, 2002, 08:46:08 PM
Since some groups have declined being involved in fleet roleplay, and with the recent release of fleet and planets from TSE control, I think procedure needs to be defined in light of this.

I propose a two-month "powering down" phase for a group to give up fleet roleplaying. This two month phase will prevent groups which are being currently attacked from "weaseling out" of a battle, and giving up every planet they control, save for their most important one.

The ability to decline Fleet Roleplay should not in itself become a tool in Fleet strategy. I feel such a waiting period would prevent it, as two months is plenty of time for whatever fleet engagements being carried out to finish.

ReaperFett
Mar 15th, 2002, 08:49:56 PM
I like

Lord Gue
Mar 15th, 2002, 08:54:00 PM
Sounds like a good idea to me, though i think i need it explained a little better. Ya mean a group needs to give a two month notice and then slowly stop fleet rpin before they can fully stop?

Sanis Prent
Mar 15th, 2002, 09:01:38 PM
No gradual stop needed...just takes 2 months notice to withdraw from fleeting.

Lord Gue
Mar 15th, 2002, 09:02:48 PM
ah, i gotcha, kinda like ya gotta give a 2 week notice at my work before ya can take vacation time

Darth Viscera
Mar 15th, 2002, 09:03:55 PM
Good idea.

Lord Gue
Mar 15th, 2002, 09:08:41 PM
nother question, where would ya give notice at? Here at the conglomerate, to the individual groups boards, what?

Sanis Prent
Mar 15th, 2002, 09:10:11 PM
Here's as good of a place as any

Sumor Rayial
Mar 16th, 2002, 01:22:24 AM
The idea seems fair to me.

Although I'd like to propose a slight amendment to your amendment.

That being, if chosen, the group can only notify the fleet mods about their plans 2 months in advance. As I know you like to say, surprise is a vital part of some Roleplays. This could be amended further to say that it has to be public posted two weeks before the deadline to give notice to those that are currently in threads that they need to be finished or whatnot.

I just believe that if another group was to fold (and I don't really see another group with the sphere of "influence" that TSE had folding their fleets, short of maybe TSO, but doubt it) they should be allowed to still use the surprise angle.

Anbira Hicchoru
Mar 16th, 2002, 09:27:48 PM
Sounds good to me.

Lord Gue
Mar 16th, 2002, 09:33:53 PM
so, we just gonna make this official then, or anyone got anymore comments?

Adm Garm Bel Iblis
Mar 17th, 2002, 05:24:47 PM
I think it's fair. It's a step in the right direction and a good compromise.

But I have a theory on what prompted this, and my spider-sense is tingling. I feel that regardless of how the process goes, once a group has withdrawn from fleet RP, they should not be allowed to politically control any world or exclude that world's interaction with the rest of the RP universe.

If you withdraw from military RPs ... you give up all military control and ability to restrict the government or trade of that world. No one can stop you from living there, but not partaking in fleet threads does not give anyone the right to claim an entire planet as their own.

At the same time, another group who controls a military will not be able to kick them off that world or restrict THEIR RP either. It's a "we'll leave you alone you leave us alone" policy. But not at the cost of restricting RP material to either side.

Lastly, from a military standpoint, that entire sector becomes neutral territory. Like Tatooine.

Anbira Hicchoru
Mar 17th, 2002, 05:59:11 PM
Sounds feasable.

Alpha
Mar 17th, 2002, 06:18:02 PM
I like it.

Darth Viscera
Mar 18th, 2002, 01:15:36 AM
Lastly, from a military standpoint, that entire sector becomes neutral territory. Like Tatooine.

I disagree with that last point, as that would effectively restrict the RP's of others, and it would be like giving them an entire free sector just for declining fleet RP's, which is the opposite result that we intend.

The sole planet should be neutral, and all parties should be prevented from restricting civilian material to that planet. In other words, no interaction of a military nature with that planet, be it friendly or hostile. That also means that said fleet-free planet cannot act as a trans-shipment point for materials that would aid other groups militarily, including bacta. They can receive civilian supplies from other groups as would occur naturally through trade IC, but no resale.

Darth Lynch
Mar 18th, 2002, 04:02:33 AM
If you withdraw from military RPs ... you give up all military control and ability to restrict the government or trade of that world. No one can stop you from living there, but not partaking in fleet threads does not give anyone the right to claim an entire planet as their own.

One group, one planet/base of operations. They can do what they wish with it, its theirs. Be it on a political level or otherwise. Simple. Easy and not much of an hassle really to anyone else. I know for one if anyone ever suggested simply because TSE did not have a fleet anymore that it could not have a planet to have as an "homeworld" to operate on and san planet was able to be taken over I'd laugh in their face.

That and according to the rules those without fleets and have a planet are not able to be attacked or taken over by any other group via fleets etc.

The planets TSE gave up are free for grabs and make no claim to them in any way so if someone wants them go get them. Could care less, but if anyone even remotely says we can not have a planet or control it they're in line for one hell of an arguement.

If they are not saying that then there is no problem and move along^_^

Sumor Rayial
Mar 18th, 2002, 01:07:45 PM

At the same time, another group who controls a military will not be able to kick them off that world or restrict THEIR RP either. It's a "we'll leave you alone you leave us alone" policy. But not at the cost of restricting RP material to either side.

I really don't see the point of this. I mean yeah it opens up what maybe 5-6 more planets from TSE, TBH, GJO and the couple others? Out of how many hundreds of known worlds and millions of unknown ones.

I just think it will cause more problems then it's worth. I mean the way I'm reading it, says that TGE can come in occupy Yavin 4 with the Jedi still there or the NR occupies Munto Codru with TSE there and nothing will happen in either case? I don't think so.

I say just leave the planets that are occupied by individual non fleet RP groups alone.

The sectors are too vast. I mean some sectors consist or 10 known planets if not more in some cases. I'd agree with the system of that planet being nutral but not the whole sector.

Lord Gue
Mar 18th, 2002, 01:38:58 PM
i agree with sumur on that one

Adm Garm Bel Iblis
Mar 21st, 2002, 03:49:46 AM
Edit: Changed my mind about something. Feel free to delete this till I see how this all goes.