PDA

View Full Version : The Fall of an Empire

Ryu Warusa
Mar 15th, 2002, 12:52:20 AM
10:24 AM
The air raids on Myrkyr had begun. Out in space orbited the Arcadia and The Wall, sending down Torpedoes, cluster bombs, and whatever other explosives they had on board. The onboard turbolasers were blasting the planet's surface, hoping to hit the headquarter's of TriOptimum, the evil conglomerate that had held my crew and I in slavery.

10:41 AM
I awaited on the ground, watching the tall building being obliterated into into submission. If everything went according to plan, the chairman and the council would soon surrender. TriOptimum was indeed a powerful corperation, but when it came to security they left something to be desired, or maybe it was because most of their security force had joined with us in this little rebelion.

11:45 AM
An hour had gone by, they still had not sent any transmissions. I
ordered the crew aboard both of the ships to cease fire and wait for my instructions. I then headed into the building post haste followed by my closest crew and a few of their former security guards. Of course seeking out a few people in a building this size was not going to be easy.

Ryu Warusa
Mar 15th, 2002, 11:35:34 AM
11:54 AM
We had entered the battered building, I was surprised the foundation didn't fall apart. The furniture was trashed and all over the place, there were fires everywhere. It would seem that we would have to find them and then escape quickly, before we all shared the same grave.

11:58 AM
I ordered my men to split into groups and search the upper floors. My group would be searching the lower floors and the basement. If the old men were smart then they would seek shelter there.

12:28 PM
They weren't on the upper floors like I thought, but they did find the communications equipment. They told me that it was smashed, they couldn't send the surrender. They had also found the body of a vice president near the equipment. The strange thing was that he didn't die from an explosion or debris, he had a bullet wound in the back of his head. I told them to keep searching while my group headed into the basement.

Ryu Warusa
Mar 16th, 2002, 03:30:01 PM
12:37 PM
We had entered the basement, everything was dark and the air felt very moist. It had felt more like a sewer than the basement of an office building. I fumbled around for a light switch.

12:40 PM
It was a trap! As soon as I had hit the switch we were surrounded by the president's personal guards. They began firing into the crowd and soon began a grand firefight.

12:45 PM
A few of my men had been hit and a few had died. The second group had finally made it down to the basement and evened up the score.

12:51 PM
We had taken many casualties but in the end we had won out. The president lay at my feet dead, a gash running across where his eyes were supposed to be. The rest of the guards and the council surrendered as soon as they noticed him dead.

1:04 PM
We had evacuated the building with prisoners in hand. They would soon transfer command and ownership of TriOptimum to the Vagrant Order.