PDA

View Full Version : Who is 'Zatania Duvall'?

Champion of the Force
Mar 14th, 2002, 07:27:14 PM
I ask because in the 2-3 days they've been registered they have chalked up a whopping 146 posts (over 100 in the past day or so).

Is this Sith Ahnk with another name?

TheHolo.Net
Mar 14th, 2002, 07:32:58 PM
Its HaeLari

Champion of the Force
Mar 14th, 2002, 07:35:14 PM
Whilst I'm here then, where did HaeLari come from?

See seemed to just pop in one day - I don't know if she's another roleplayer with an alternate name or a brand new poster. :huh

TheHolo.Net
Mar 14th, 2002, 07:36:54 PM
I really don't know the answer to that, but she Gue and Ahnk are our current batch of speed posters. :x

JMK
Mar 14th, 2002, 09:05:27 PM
Zatania doesn't come off as non-sensical as Sith Ankh though.

Shawn
Mar 14th, 2002, 10:50:42 PM
I agree. She seems a little post-happy, but it's not the 1 or 2 word trash posts Ahnk does. She seems ok to me... just give her a little time to calm down.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 14th, 2002, 11:43:25 PM
I doubt she can keep up at that pace, and at least she makes sense.

JMK
Mar 15th, 2002, 02:41:05 PM
Yeah, just let her get over the novelty of being a part of a new forum. She won't be post-happy for very long.

TheHolo.Net
Mar 15th, 2002, 03:27:36 PM
Well Ahnk has been badmouthing SWFans members and staff - outright saying that he has been spamming, flaming and being just plain rude here on another board. I'm seriously considering just being done with him, but only if he comes back and decides to continue it. As it is he hasn't posted here since he said that at the Marzullo board.

ReaperFett
Mar 15th, 2002, 03:29:36 PM
I think there is a difference between spamming and posting A LOT

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 15th, 2002, 11:47:28 PM
What board is this? The RPF? I agree if he comes back lets ban him, if he says his whole intention was coming here was to be a troll we need to ban him.

JMK
Mar 16th, 2002, 12:18:56 AM
For real, if he's admitting it, then he needs to go! He probably thinks he can log in as another user.

Sanis Prent
Mar 16th, 2002, 12:39:31 AM
Well if the consensus is switching to can him...then I guess I'm for it also.

Champion of the Force
Mar 16th, 2002, 01:13:37 AM
For those that were interested, I believe here is the thread in question:

http://pub88.ezboard.com/fthemarzulloclanfrm4.showMessage?topicID=1539.topi c

If it's not please correct me (and provide the real link if at all possible :) ).

I agree if he comes back lets ban him, if he says his whole intention was coming here was to be a troll we need to ban him.

For real, if he's admitting it, then he needs to go!
No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no NO! (did I say it enough?)

We should be moderating this board based on people's behaviour on THIS board. If he is breaking the rules here then he gets the kick, if not then he stays. What he does elsewhere - on the whole - is irrelevant.

Moderating people based on what they say and do at other places can only lead to bad things. Sometimes you may be forced to (like the Razmeister issue last year on the RPF) but I don't believe this is one of those occassions.

If we ban him on based on what he said some place else, what's next? Do we begin moderating people's boards that have nothing to do with SWFans? Moderate chat conversations? Moderate e-mails? I hope I'm making my point.

On a related topic that was raised in that thread I linked above, would anyone mind if I took control of the Itala Marzullo username, then banned it? Having such a username being used a sock puppet for jokes and the like is pretty low IMHO (even if it is Itala) and we wouldn't allow it with any other name.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 16th, 2002, 02:38:35 AM
After reading the thread I have to say there is nothing really in there to begin with, second I have to agree with you if we do that we might be going to far. If he is a troll he will probably hang himself eventually.

TheHolo.Net
Mar 16th, 2002, 09:08:44 AM
Originally posted by Champion of the Force
Moderating people based on what they say and do at other places can only lead to bad things. Sometimes you may be forced to (like the Razmeister issue last year on the RPF) but I don't believe this is one of those occassions.

If we ban him on based on what he said some place else, what's next? Do we begin moderating people's boards that have nothing to do with SWFans? Moderate chat conversations? Moderate e-mails? I hope I'm making my point.Thats why I said this:
I'm seriously considering just being done with him, but only if he comes back and decides to continue it.I don't plan to ban him based on what he said on another board. I just feel that his admitting such behavior someplace else makes it easier to believe that its not accidental or unintentional.
Originally posted by Champion of the Force
On a related topic that was raised in that thread I linked above, would anyone mind if I took control of the Itala Marzullo username, then banned it? Having such a username being used a sock puppet for jokes and the like is pretty low IMHO (even if it is Itala) and we wouldn't allow it with any other name. That sounds like a good idea to me.

Shawn
Mar 16th, 2002, 10:34:20 AM
I agree: Ban the Itala username here. It should be, anyway.

It took me a while to try and make sense of that thread you linked to, Dave. With all the lines of "I'm moving to Miami" and referances to "Sean", I thought they were mocking me. :p

I agree with Ogre, here: If he's admitting to being a troll, then it makes it a mite more difficult to simply overlook his behaviour.

TheHolo.Net
Mar 16th, 2002, 10:49:09 AM
Seeing that all three administrators agree on the Itala name being banned. I have taken the liberty of placing it in the Banned User usergroup and modified its forum access to none.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 16th, 2002, 01:02:15 PM
Ok now I see what you meant, and I agree if he keeps up the same behavior acting like a jerk and just talking about nothing, we should go ahead and ban him since we know what he is up to. Who knows he could not even come back, I haven' seen many posts by him in the last few days.

JMK
Mar 16th, 2002, 05:28:19 PM
He's probably had his "thrill". Maybe he's found something to do with his time. Like troll somewhere else.

Champion of the Force
Mar 16th, 2002, 05:30:00 PM
That's why I said this ...
I know what you said Ogre. I was answering JMK and Carr (which is why I quoted them - not you). :p

There's nothing wrong with using information on other boards to help determine his actions here, so long as if/when he does get banned it can b referenced to his own behaviour here. :)

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 16th, 2002, 09:08:07 PM
I totally misinterpretted what he said I guess, well at least I wasn't the only one;) hopefully he won't come back and it won't be an issue any more.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 17th, 2002, 03:16:11 AM
While we are on the subjects of socks who is Riley Chambers? Just curious I think she is female, at least the avatar is. And she just signed up today and posted 23 times allready, if she is knew that's cool nothing wrong with new members I am just wondering if she is HaeLari, since she already created one more username.

TheHolo.Net
Mar 17th, 2002, 03:22:40 AM
Originally posted by Jedi Master Carr
...I am just wondering if she is HaeLari, since she already created one more username. You sir are correct.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 18th, 2002, 12:28:49 AM
I was just glancing around the OCC and saw our friend sprouting his insanity here is a taste
I'm currently hoping to steal Lady Vader from Lord Vader via the shoutbox, then Gue can be our springer, Yoda the midget, Mr. Dotnet can be our crossdresser and I'll say that Viscera can be our homosexual drug addict abusive test tube son with lung cancer and an arm for a leg and a leg for an arm.

Sidenote: Everyone know's that springers fake and you'd all be acting, except Yoda

It had nothing to do with the thread either it is from The Gue thread (I was just curious about this Lord Gue and the other wild poster HaeLari, who used three differen nicknames in the same thread why I have no idea) he also made some jokes that were a tad sick about kidnapping people and one reference to S&M, here is the thread
http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12494&perpage=20&pagenumber=9

just figured I let you guys know if you haven't seen it.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 18th, 2002, 01:37:40 AM
That thread is getting worse, Sith is talking about how he is naked (even though it is spoiler thing, now that is one spoiler I wish I hadn't read :P) but still there doesn't seem to be a point to where he is going.

TheHolo.Net
Mar 18th, 2002, 04:30:46 PM
My patience has been tried too far. I have already mentioned in the OOC forum that those who fill the forum with completely useless and or inappropriate tripe will face OOC forum probation (meaning I will restrict all names registed to said users [Gue, Ahnk, HaeLari] so that they can no longer even post in the forum)

I'm tired of trying to wade through hundreds of pointless posts and seeing stuff that belongs in IM. Sick and tired.

ReaperFett
Mar 18th, 2002, 04:34:14 PM
HaeLari to me is okay, because she generally doesnt start it. She just replies.

TheHolo.Net
Mar 18th, 2002, 04:36:25 PM
Yeah, I can see your point. Its mainly Gue and Ahnk that egg her on.

Champion of the Force
Mar 18th, 2002, 04:57:48 PM
I'm tired of trying to wade through hundreds of pointless posts and seeing stuff that belongs in IM.
But what can you relly do about them? That's one of the problems with having a 'general' forum such as OOC - pretty much anything and everything is allowed (provided it is within the rules here).

Whilst you can probably crack down on obvious spamming, it's hard to stop people just plain chatting, no matter how mundane it appears.

Now I know how TFN feels about it's own JCC forum - mostly crap but if no one is breaking the ruls what can you do about it? :\

TheHolo.Net
Mar 18th, 2002, 05:00:10 PM
Someone who piles up more than 90 posts in 24 hours is definately my idea of spamming. I think restricting access to the OOC forum for posting purposes will certainly give them pause to think about what they have been doing.

Shawn
Mar 18th, 2002, 05:24:32 PM
Someone who piles up more than 90 posts in 24 hours is definately my idea of spamming.I racked up over 300 in my first day at this one board once... ^^;; But that was promoted there.

Sorry, just trying to lighten the mood a bit. To be serious for a moment:

The "chit-chat" posts never really bothered me much, because I just ignore them entirely or skim over them. But I can see how they have become a hindrance. I think we may need to start informing people that the OOC forum is only for issues relating to roleplaying, and encourage them to use the General forum... although, I don't think that'll go over well.

Champion of the Force
Mar 18th, 2002, 05:57:13 PM
I think we may need to start informing people that the OOC forum is only for issues relating to roleplaying, and encourage them to use the General forum... although, I don't think that'll go over well.
Which General forum is that? If you mean Miscellaneous - I've been moving discussion out of that place into the BO forum since it's really only there for test posts and the like - not general discussion. That's why the BO forum was renamed back at Christmas.

A new 'community' forum mught have some merit IF we ask first and get support behind it. Maybe we should start contacting some people in private and snoop around for possible support then ask about possible support in public (rather than post a new topic about it first when we have no idea of possible poster response).

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 19th, 2002, 01:06:24 AM
That could work, but still I think he is right that entire conversation could be on messenger but it wasn't just that, that entire thread went into the gutter talked about S&M and Sith saying was naked, I think he kept talking gibberish but just can't remember what. Since we now know that Sith has admit elsewhere that he is a troll and that is what he was doing on that thread can we just ban him completely, the other two a warning would be fine, but he has been warned once and I think that should be it for him.

TheHolo.Net
Mar 19th, 2002, 12:46:27 PM
x_x I had to clear the Shoutbox this morning since Ahnk and Gue were going on and on about suicide.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 19th, 2002, 11:50:08 PM
I am glad I missed that O_o