PDA

View Full Version : Jedi Starfighter

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 14th, 2002, 12:04:53 AM
I just picked up this PS2 game yesterday, it is a sequel to Starfighter for PS2 which came out last year. Its a pretty good game you play as Adi Gallia (who is a member of the Jedi Council) and you use a knew prototype ship Jedi Starfighter (it is the one Obi-Wan is using in AOTC) the game takes place right before Ep2 the cool thing is Count Dooku and Mace Windu are both in (they are in the beginning Dooku talking via hologram to some Federation captain and Windu sending Gallia on mission. So far the game is pretty cool and even better than Starfighter as you have force powers to go with the ship (the only thing I don't understand is force lighting how can a jedi use that?).

sirdizzy
Mar 14th, 2002, 09:54:42 AM
i just bought my ps2 in jan and haven't beat the orginal yet

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 14th, 2002, 02:04:01 PM
You must not have found the cheat codes yet :p I beat it originally without cheating (took me a couple of months) then I used the cheats to try to get a gold medel on ever level and I still haven't done that yet.

ReaperFett
Mar 14th, 2002, 02:05:33 PM
I'm sure lightning could be done away from the hands. Sortof an extra part to the power

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 14th, 2002, 02:31:45 PM
I guess it would be okay if it is used as part of the ship's power as sort of a defensive weapon, still it is not like you are using it against humans you are mostly fighting droid controlled ships.

sirdizzy
Mar 14th, 2002, 04:17:52 PM
i haven't played it that much yet is why

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 15th, 2002, 12:14:38 AM
If you are trying to avoid spoilers I would advise not to buy this game, yet, because according to what I have read on theforce.net game board there are massive spoilers toward the end there is a level where you aid the jedi in their fight against the trade federation and Dooku, probably I will play it until I get to that level and stop (if I can resist the temptation I have to see) how much it gives away, I don't know, I am guessing mostly the outcome of the battle but who knows.

Warren Azalin
Mar 17th, 2002, 12:14:51 AM
I rented the game earlier today and see what they mean. Spoilers start around Mission 10 everthing after the mission 10 intro deals with Geonosis, saving Obi-Wan from Count Dokuu, and the Clone War itself.

Shawn
Mar 17th, 2002, 01:22:15 AM
Whee... get spoilers from playing a game. :p

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 17th, 2002, 02:43:00 AM
I am on 8 how bad our the spoilers? Do they reveal much about the battle or do they just deal with other missions that have nothing to do with the arena battle.

Warren Azalin
Mar 17th, 2002, 02:46:12 AM
Doesn't even Mention the Arena Battle and aside from things most know from the Trailers the spoilers are nothing much. They basically hint at things more then say anything directly.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 17th, 2002, 02:54:11 AM
Ok thats cool if its happening at the side then its not a big deal. One more thing does anything happen to Adi, I had heard that some members of the council die in the arena just wondering if she made it through the game?

Warren Azalin
Mar 17th, 2002, 02:58:36 AM
I was thinking the same thing since she is a Jedi Master and would be a logical choice to be one of those in the Arena, although since she is kinda the main character in the game she makes it through since she is fighting in space above Geonosis as the Clone War is going on down there. What's been bugging me is if this is going to contradict the movie, I mean at least the First Starfighter came after TPM.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 17th, 2002, 03:08:28 AM
she might not be in the arena or she could be one of the ones that survive, I would think they would have had to at least know what happens to her before finishing the game still nothing would surprise me. Also I liked that appearance by Jango on Level 7 that was cool, he came after Reti and got mad when he left telling the Trade Federation that he was sticking around for this mess. I liked the way he said it.

Warren Azalin
Mar 17th, 2002, 03:12:33 AM
True they would have to know what happens to her before making the game but storywise by the game it makes no sense. She flys the ship in battle, shoots some droids, gets out of her ship to fight them 1 on 1000 and then after barely surviving gets back in the ship like nothing happened? It's a little farfetched and that's the only thing that is confusing me about this game.

Yeah, kinda surprised me when after shooting down a few hundred Droid Starships I notice the Tracker say "Jango Fett" and see Slave 1. My first instinct was "Oh well, I'm dead lol" (and on that note I am right now trying to get the hidden objectives to unlock Slave 1 :D)