PDA

View Full Version : This looks like fun

Marcus Telcontar
Mar 13th, 2002, 11:16:33 PM
http://www.negative-g.0catch.com/BlueFlash/February2002/Blue-Flash-2002-2-1.html

Sith Ahnk
Mar 13th, 2002, 11:19:02 PM
Does that track going up the side of the building lead anywhere, besides a long hospital trip?

HaeLari Draevyn
Mar 13th, 2002, 11:20:30 PM
>_< I hate rollercoasters. Too scary!!!!

Lord Gue
Mar 13th, 2002, 11:25:06 PM
lol, i just dont like'm, not much fun

Marcus Telcontar
Mar 13th, 2002, 11:30:47 PM
http://www.insidethevault.com/rollercoaster/

Lord Gue
Mar 13th, 2002, 11:33:20 PM
woah, thats kinda cool

HaeLari Draevyn
Mar 13th, 2002, 11:41:21 PM
My friends made me go on the Superman at Darien Lake/Six Flags and I passed out

Lord Gue
Mar 13th, 2002, 11:45:24 PM
lol, i dont fare so well on coasters myself, nothing id like to talk about though, lol

HaeLari Draevyn
Mar 13th, 2002, 11:49:34 PM
Heights......... >_< *shudders*

Lord Gue
Mar 13th, 2002, 11:51:53 PM
lol, i got acrophobia, i believe thats its name at least

HaeLari Draevyn
Mar 13th, 2002, 11:52:51 PM
Acro-huh? Translation please. :)

Lord Gue
Mar 13th, 2002, 11:57:43 PM
fear of high places, and as we all know, roller coasters typicaly reach good hieghts before coming down

HaeLari Draevyn
Mar 13th, 2002, 11:59:37 PM
Ah, alrighty. Makes sense. :p

Anbira Hicchoru
Mar 14th, 2002, 12:06:28 AM
I love rollercoasters :D

Morgan Evanar
Mar 14th, 2002, 12:40:46 AM
Montu at Busch Gardens Tampa is an excellent roller coaster. Inverted, too.

Go on at 9 AM on a clear day, and then sun is at this spot on the horizon, and you get to see it upside-down. Its quite the sight. Kumba is pretty good too. Honestly, beats the crud out of anything I've done at Disney FL.

Zatania Duvall
Mar 14th, 2002, 12:47:09 AM
Oh man, Grad night at Darien Lake/Six Flags is going to rock. Although I won't be going on any rollercoasters, I'm going to be having fun with my friends from 10 PM to 5 AM :D

Anbira Hicchoru
Mar 14th, 2002, 12:49:28 AM
Georgia Cyclone = BONNNNNNG!!

Laran Katern
Mar 14th, 2002, 12:49:40 AM
There's no roller coaster I won't hit. I love them. Gonna be skydiving too this summer. Can't wait, that's gonna be FUN

Zatania Duvall
Mar 14th, 2002, 01:00:58 AM
Sky diving?! I'd faint just as soon as getting onto the plane!O_o

Lady Vader
Mar 14th, 2002, 01:19:25 AM
I love rollercoatsers! I love heights! hell, I love rollercoasters AND heights combined! Throw in some flying and I'll REALLY LOVE IT!! :lol

Live Wire
Mar 14th, 2002, 01:32:28 AM
oooh six flags magic mountain......their two new coasters dejavu and X are the most awesome coasters in the world!

Marcus Telcontar
Mar 14th, 2002, 02:58:05 AM
I do love rollercoasters myself.... but in the end they actually are fairly mundane for me. It takes somethign pretty wild to top the rush I get from motorracing :p

Alpha
Mar 14th, 2002, 12:30:41 PM
I would looove to get on a rollercoaster, but I have a rather weak stomach...:( Sky surfing I wouldn't mind doing, or skydiving.

Seerrasseei Tsseerra
Mar 14th, 2002, 12:37:12 PM
rollercoasters rule.....and skydiving sounds fun.....*has no fear of heights so it's all good*

Zatania Duvall
Mar 14th, 2002, 12:39:24 PM
They've got bungee jumping at Six Flags... how many of your rollercoaster lovers would be up for that? lol

Charley
Mar 14th, 2002, 12:39:47 PM
G-force momentum caused me to lose a tooth on the Freefall at Six flags. Nevertheless, I luv rollercoasters :D

Zatania Duvall
Mar 14th, 2002, 12:41:15 PM
>_< OUCH!

Charley
Mar 14th, 2002, 12:42:06 PM
Well it was already kinda loose...this was about 10 years ago.

Zatania Duvall
Mar 14th, 2002, 12:47:48 PM
Ah, then that would explain it. Better than having mom pull it out on tha coount of three lol

Seerrasseei Tsseerra
Mar 14th, 2002, 12:53:50 PM
*winces* only let mom do that once with me.....

Zatania Duvall
Mar 14th, 2002, 01:00:24 PM
Never eat now and laters with a lose tooth. I pulled one out by doing that and didn't know until when I went to close my mouth and the tooth poked into my gums. >_<

Gav Mortis
Mar 14th, 2002, 01:01:02 PM
Originally posted by Seerrasseei Tsseerra
*winces* only let mom do that once with me.....

I wouldn't let anyone ever do that to me! >_<

Charley
Mar 14th, 2002, 01:02:30 PM
I just avoided the issue until the tooth just fell out :)

Shawn
Mar 14th, 2002, 01:04:15 PM
When I was vewy wittle, I'd always wrap my favorite blanket around my loose tooth and yank it out. Always worked fine, except for the one tooth that refused to come out. Had to have it surgically removed... bloody thing had a root almost an inch long.

Zatania Duvall
Mar 14th, 2002, 01:06:00 PM
OUCH! >_<

One of mine came out when I tried opening one of those toy containers from the 25 cent machines. It wasn't even lose, and it just pulled right out.

Alpha
Mar 14th, 2002, 01:07:25 PM
I've eaten Starbursts and lost teeth, and I've also yanked some. It all depends on how loose they are. :)

Gav Mortis
Mar 14th, 2002, 01:08:43 PM
Oh Gawd! :x What's the matter with you people!?

Nature's a wonderful thing, ever heard of it?

So let it take it's course! >_<

Why anyone would wanna yank out their teeth is beyond me.

Seerrasseei Tsseerra
Mar 14th, 2002, 01:10:05 PM
well she said it wouldn't hurt and since she is mom and it was my first loose tooth, I let her.....after that nu-uh.......

Zatania Duvall
Mar 14th, 2002, 01:10:08 PM
I have a wisdom tooth right now that refuses to come out, but there is a tooth underneath coming in. >_< It hurts like hell, and I can tell there is one coming in since I can feel something pushing up.

Charley
Mar 14th, 2002, 01:12:20 PM
My grandpa gave me a chug of whiskey when I was six, then thumped my tooth out.

LOL that was fun.

Seerrasseei Tsseerra
Mar 14th, 2002, 01:13:51 PM
whiskey to a six year old? hehe...... well the one good thing about mom pulling my tooth is that she felt so bad about it that I got ice cream whenever I wanted it for awhile.......

Shawn
Mar 14th, 2002, 01:14:16 PM
Gav: The tooth in question refused to come out. The other one was coming in right behind it, and it was very painful.

Zatania Duvall
Mar 14th, 2002, 01:17:25 PM
It has be one of the most horrible pains you could ever feel, a tooth coming in without the other tooth coming out first.

Charley
Mar 14th, 2002, 01:17:51 PM
My wisdom teeth were fun. I took a day off from work at Nexity, and got all 4 of those suckers yanked one morning. They filled me up with nitrous, local anesthetic, and then later....LORTAB :D.

My mouth was packed full of gauze, till I looked like a bunny, and my mom drove my stoopid loopy ass home, where I watched all of Kevin Smith's movies, and ate caramel pudding that, due to my numbed tongue, had no taste :(

The next day I went back to work, although I couldn't talk to anybody.

Seerrasseei Tsseerra
Mar 14th, 2002, 01:21:08 PM
let see, I did similar movie watching except also a bit of anime in there as well although numb face, etc is not fun......but I had a better time then my sister, she got nauseus when she got hers pulled......

Zatania Duvall
Mar 14th, 2002, 01:25:59 PM
:\ I was told my wisdom teeth were fine and didn't have to be pulled. Riiiiiiiight! But I refuse to go get them pulled after watching the movie The Dentist >_< :cry

Gav Mortis
Mar 14th, 2002, 01:32:38 PM
Originally posted by Lounge Lizard
My grandpa gave me a chug of whiskey when I was six, then thumped my tooth out.

LOL that was fun.

As you do! :eek

Nup: That's no excuse! :p

So the truth comes out after all this time, one big facade.

I always believed Americans had perfect teeth and English have had this stigma of supposedly bad teeth hoisted upon us, whilst all the time you guys are ripping em out left, right and bleedin center!

:)

Charley
Mar 14th, 2002, 01:33:49 PM
When I was young and just a bratty kid
My momma noticed funny things I did
Like shootin puppies with a BB gun
I'd poison guppies, and when I was done
I'd find a pussycat and BASH its head!
That when my momma said (What did she say?)
She said, "My boy, I think someday
You'll find a way to make your natural tendencies pay

You'll be a dentist
You have a talent for causing things pain
Son, be a dentist
People will pay you to be inhumane
Your temperament's wrong for the priesthood
And teaching would suit you still less
Son, be a dentist
You'll be a success

(Here he is, folks the leader of the plaque!
Watch him suck up that gas!
Oh, my god!
He's a dentist and he'll never ever be any good
Who wants their teeth done by the Marquis de Sade?)

(Oh that hurts!
I'm not numb!)

Oh, shut up. Open wide. here I come!
I am your dentist

(Goodness gracious!)

And I enjoy the career that I picked
I am your dentist

(Fitting braces)

And I get off on the pain I inflict
When I start extracting those molars
You girls will be screaming like holy rollers

(Dentist!)

And though it may cause my patients distress
Somewhere in heaven above me, I know that my mama's proud of me
'Cause I'm a dentist- and a success
Say ah!
(AH)
Say ah!
(AAAHHH)
SAY AH!!
(AAAAAHHHH!!!)
NOW...spit!!

Zatania Duvall
Mar 14th, 2002, 01:34:37 PM
LOL We're talking about baby teeth. :p They're supposed to come out. I actually have good teeth, all except the bottom wisdoms. The top ones aren't bothering me.

Gav Mortis
Mar 14th, 2002, 01:41:41 PM
(Tried singing the above song to the tune of Cliff Richard's "Bachelor Boy" - it failed miserably)

Charley
Mar 14th, 2002, 01:44:11 PM
Have you never seen Little Shop of Horrors O_o!!!

Steve Martin rules!

Gav Mortis
Mar 14th, 2002, 01:52:40 PM
Steve Martin is great, but it's been yeeeaaars since I've seen that film and having said that, I haven't seen the whole film.

Zatania Duvall
Mar 14th, 2002, 01:54:03 PM
I cried when i saw that movie because it scared me. I was still, what, six? I don't even remember.

Seerrasseei Tsseerra
Mar 14th, 2002, 03:57:44 PM
*knows she's seen that movie but can't remember any of it right now*

Lady Vader
Mar 14th, 2002, 03:59:48 PM
:lol

I knocked a tooth out of my friend's mouth one time. I forgot what the circumstance was or what the argument was about, but somehow I ended up smacking her and the tooth just rolled out!

I guess you can say I'm ounched the tooth out of someone before! :lol

Lord Gue
Mar 14th, 2002, 04:00:31 PM
lol, when i was still in school our drama class did a rendition of it, they totally f uped the ending, i stayed behind and listened to the drama teacher yell about everything being wrong :)

Marcus Telcontar
Mar 14th, 2002, 04:50:05 PM
How did we get from roller coasters to dental care???

Zatania Duvall
Mar 14th, 2002, 04:50:54 PM
LOL LL said something about the GForce from a rollercoaster knocking one of his teeth out.

Seerrasseei Tsseerra
Mar 14th, 2002, 04:51:09 PM
*points to LL* he did it......

Alpha
Mar 14th, 2002, 05:00:13 PM
Wow, this switched subjects faster then most...LL is good at switching these apparently...:)

Zatania Duvall
Mar 14th, 2002, 05:02:43 PM
*ties LL up to a dentist chair which is attached to the world's highest and fastest roller coaster. She slips on some air combat goggles, grabbing water balloons as the ride starts, sending LL up and down and around. When he comes back to where he had started, she throws three water balloons at him.*

Mwahahaha!

Old Man Jedi
Mar 14th, 2002, 05:03:02 PM
There was a Balrog once who convinced me to go bungee jumping.

He failed to inform me you tied the rope to the bridge first.

Shawn
Mar 14th, 2002, 05:14:16 PM
None of my wisdom teeth have had to come out, thankfully. My teeth, while not exceptionally white, are perfectly straight, sharp, and cavity-free.

Balrog
Mar 14th, 2002, 05:20:20 PM
Originally posted by Shawn
None of my wisdom teeth have had to come out, thankfully. My teeth, while not exceptionally white, are perfectly straight, sharp, and cavity-free. ~Insert deep menacing laugh here~

Live Wire
Mar 14th, 2002, 05:21:43 PM
lol its good to know Im not the only one who yanked all her baby teeth out with a blanket. I dont even remember it ever hurting. I'd just get anoyed with having a lose tooth and it had to go. To this day I have nice straight teeth so it did me no irrepriable damage

Aragorn Elessar
Mar 14th, 2002, 05:26:52 PM
Now why did Gandalf get all the really cool lines? I mean, I wanted to be the ones yelling about not passing and stuff. I could have been incredible, you know when the hobbits wanted to stop for second breakfast, O could have yelled "YOU!! SHALL NOT!! STOP!!" and all that.

But no... I have wander around freezong my butt off and.....

Actually maybe I dont mind. I get the Elf Babes

Arwen Evenstar
Mar 14th, 2002, 05:30:10 PM
Oh shut up Pervy Hobbit Fancier. You like hobbits more than you like me!

:: Runs off and cries::

Old Man Jedi
Mar 14th, 2002, 05:37:07 PM
Ahhhh frell, a Balrog....

And Mr Aragorn, you shut up.

THE VERY SECRET DIARY OF GANDALF THE GREY

Day One:

In Shire. Stunning vista of innocent and pastoral beauty. Is it me, or was Frodo just hanging around in that field ------------ before I came along?

Day Two:

Bilbo's Birthday party improved by substantial amount of hobbit weed. Everyone sho nice. Bilbo nice too. Lights sho pretty. Frodo not bad either. Hobbits sho cuddly. Whups. Fellover.

Day Three:

Massive fecking hangover. Off to Minas Tirith for some aspirin.

Day Twelve:

Went to Saruman for advice about Ring but he had become evil. Nobody tells me anything. Apparently there was a memo. Radagast the Brown probably stealing paper out of my inbox again.

Day Thirteen :

Stuck on top of tower. Great view, but constant pelting sleet not good for pointy hat. Am amusing self by spitting gum down on the Orcs.

Day Fourteen :

Visited again by Saruman who tried to grab a feel. As if!

Day Sixteen :

Am lonely. Saruman maybe not so unattractive after all. If only were not for giantly flaring nostrils and huge clawlike fingernails...okay you'd think I might have figured out he was evil before.

Day Nineteen :

Escaped. Am in Rivendell. Sam slightly out of control. Keeps giving Frodo baths. Elves all out of strawberry-scented soap now. Elrond getting annoyed.

Day Twenty :

Elrond has decided to send Frodo away as is tired of never being able to get into the first-floor bathroom. Big folderol about Ring. Have agreed to go with Fellowship in case Sam might decide to give ME a bath. Could use one.

Day Twenty-One:

Aragorn obviously into Frodo. Sam will kill him if he tries anything. Asked Sam to give me a bath. He said, "Ha ha, Mister Gandalf, you're not serious." Useless git.

Day Twenty-Three :

V. cold on top of Caradhras. Aragorn won fight about who got to carry Frodo up the mountain. Boromir sulking. If Legolas keeps nancing about on top of the snow, may have to hit him with my staff.

Day Twenty-Five :

Do not want to go through Mines of Moria, as suspect Balrog still angry about bad date we went on back in Second Age.

Day Twenty-Six:

In Mines of Moria. Yep, Balrog still angry.

Day Twenty-Seven:

Fell into shadow. Balrog such a prat. Had to do some quite unspeakable things before he would let me leave the caverns. Have decided not to tell the rest of Fellowship. Will make up story about having engaged in huge battle instead. Off to see Elrond to get quite unpleasant third degree burns in embarassing places treated. Hope Elrond does not laugh at me. If he does, will tell everyone about his dirty weekend with Sauron. Ha!

(Link to the Very Secret LOTR Diaries is at GJO)

Aragorn Elessar
Mar 14th, 2002, 05:42:00 PM
THE SECRET DIARY OF ARAGORN SON OF ARATHORN

Day One:

Ringwraiths killed: 4. V. good.
Met up with Hobbits. Walked forty miles. Skinned a squirrel and ate it.
Still not King.

Day Four:

Stuck on mountain with Hobbits. Boromir really annoying.
Not King yet.

Day Six:
Orcs killed: none. Disappointing. Stubble update: I look rugged and manly. Yes!
Keep wanting to drop-kick Gimli. Holding myself back.
Still not King.

Day Ten:

Sorry no entries lately. V. dark in Mines of Moria. Big Baelrog.
Not King today either.

Day Eleven:
Orcs killed: 7. V. good. Stubble update: Looking mangy.

Legolas may be hotter than me.
I wonder if he would like me if I was King?

Day 28:

Beginning to find Frodo disturbingly attractive. Have a feeling if I make a move, Sam would kill me. Also, hairy feet kind of a turn-off.
Still not King.

Day 30:
In Lothlorien. Think Galadriel was hitting on me. Saucy wench.

Nice chat with Boromir. He's not so bad.
Took a shower. Yay!
But still not King.

Day 32:
Orcs killed: none. Stubble update: subtly hairy.

Legolas told me that a shadow and a threat had been growing in his mind.

I think Legolas might be kinda gay.

Nope, not King.

Day 33:
Orcs killed: Countless thousands. V. good.

Boromir killed by Orcs. Bummer. Though he died bravely in my arms, am now quite sure that he was very definitely gay.
Not so sure about Gimli either.
RIP Boromir.
Still not King, but at least Boromir seemed to think I was. Might however have been blood loss.

Day 34:
Frodo went to Mordor. Said he was going alone, but took Sam with him. Why?

My God, is everyone in this movie gay but me?

Not so sure about me either.

Still not King, goddammit.

Arwen Evenstar
Mar 14th, 2002, 05:44:34 PM
The Very Secret Diary of Arwen Undomiel

Day One

Broke up with Aragorn today. He would insist on giving me a clay pipe and a pair of breeches for Valentine's Day when I specifically requested a nightie. Have sent him away from Rivendell.

Day Two

Bored and lonely. Regret having sent Aragorn away. So what if he wanted me to dress up in a curly wig and hop around on my knees during intimate moments? Am sure other humans have equally odd hangups. Wish I could be interested in Elf men, but ever since debacle with Glorfindel back in Second Age when he accused me of copying his hairstyle, have given up on my own kind.

Day Three

Someone's been trying on my dresses again. They are all stretched out of shape, especially the purple one.

Day Six

Legolas got all shirty when I accused him of trying on my dresses. He says I have impugned his masculinity. What masculinity?

Day Eleven

Legolas still sulking. Says other elves making fun of him now since whole dress-trying-on-incident. Says they no longer take him seriously as a man. He must have missed it when Daddy called him "the gayest gay elf that ever nanced down the pike" at last Council meeting. Or maybe he just didn't understand it; he's awfully pretty, but not so bright.

Day Thirteen

Too, too, too bored. Perhaps will leave Rivendell in search of adventure, or shopping.

Day Fifteen

Went all the way to the Gap of Rohan only to find there is no Gap in Rohan. Not even a Banana Republic. False advertising!

Day Seventeen

Went to Bree. Asked Barliman if had seen Aragorn lately. Barliman said, "What, that pervy hobbit-fancier?" Told him he must be thinking of other Aragorn son of Arathorn. He said, "The 'Still Not King guy, right?' Did not respond; some people don't deserve my conversation.

Day Eighteen

Have been following Aragorn for two days now. Have never really seen hobbits close up before. Suddenly business with curly wig and prosthetic feet starting to make sense. V. annoyed. Slow burn.

Day Twenty

Doesn't he ever wash his hair when I'm not around?

Day Twenty-Four

Is official. Aragorn a complete pervy hobbit-fancier. Is obviously into little blue-eyed hobbit Frodo. Sam will kill him if he tries anything.

Day Twenty-Five

Cornered Sam while he was out looking for herbs. Explained to him exactly how was possible to kill human men instantly and silently using just a fork and a rubber band. Turned him around, gave him little push in Aragorn's direction... alas no dice. "But we need him to protect Frooodo, scary elf lady!"

Whingy little hobbit, I've no patience at all.

Day Twenty-Six

Finally decided to take care of Aragorn myself; was about to slit his cheating throat when was distracted by howling moans of Ringbearer. Decided to annoy Aragorn by hobbit-napping bite-sized hero and taking him for extended pony ride.

Little hobbit really rather adorable, blast him.

Cannot believe am getting all swoony over hobbit. Repeat to self: "Aloof, unavailable elf princess. Aloof, unavailable elf princess." Especially cannot believe am getting all swoony over greenish-looking, half-dead hobbit.

Day Twenty-Seven

Chased by Ringwraiths. So tedious. Off to Rivendell.

Day Twenty-Nine

Well, really. Cannot even get near Ringbearer, as Sam is always there, plus caught Aragorn sneaking around in shrubbery by hobbits' quarters. Claimed he was looking for shard of Narsil he had misplaced.

Day Thirty

Hobbits such a bother. Kitchen staff fussing ‚ all out of carrots. Bathroom staff fussing ‚ all out of strawberry scented bath bubbles. Legolas fussing ‚ will not let me go to Council meeting as then he will not be prettiest. Strain is obviously getting to Daddy. Asked me yesterday in haggard manner whether I thought purple suited his complexion. Told him of course not, he is so obviously an autumn.

Day Thirty-Two

Spent all day hanging about on bridge looking pretty before Aragorn happened along. Accused him point-blank of hobbit-fancying. He told me that Isildur had been a pervy hobbit-fancier, and he was just trying to build his career in a similar fashion. Told him: "You are Isildur's heir, not Isildur himself." To which he replied, "If only you were a bit shorter, and had bigger feet."

Day Forty

Spent quite the night with Gimli. Those braids! That axe! I am smitten. No more hobbits for me, it is dwarves all the way now. Well, perhaps might just pop by one last time to watch Sam give Frodo his bath. After all, I didn't filch that bathroom key out of Aragorn's pocket for nothing.