PDA

View Full Version : SAG Awards

Marcus Telcontar
Mar 10th, 2002, 11:54:17 PM
http://www.smh.com.au/news/0203/11/entertainment/entertain101.html

Have a read who won Supporting actor.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 11th, 2002, 12:31:19 AM
I saw :) I hope that is a good omen there, can't stand it that Crowe won:x but these ballots were probably sent back in after the mess he caused a few weeks ago so he still might not get that oscar, (I am not sure if they want to give it to him two years in a row anyway) I think Denzel will still win at least I hope.

CMJ
Mar 11th, 2002, 12:56:48 AM
Halle Berry's win was the shocker of the night...and it pleased me greatly. :)

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 11th, 2002, 12:59:40 AM
I still think Spacek will win best actress at the Oscars, I be surprised if she didn't.

CMJ
Mar 11th, 2002, 01:22:13 AM
Spacek will probably win...but Berry's victory proves she is not invincible(which she had been a few weeks ago). I think Kidman is a wildcard as well.

Champion of the Force
Mar 11th, 2002, 01:44:59 AM
Good to see Ian McKellen winning. :)

I also think it's clear now that Crowe is frontrunner for the Best Actor nod with all the awards he's winning.

CMJ
Mar 11th, 2002, 11:27:50 AM
Crowe will probably win...however winning back to back Oscar's is very rare in the acting categories. Crowe did not have to deal with this at the Globes, the BAFTA's, or the SAG's, since he had never won any of them(Last year Hanks won the Globe, Bell the BAFTA, and del Toro the SAG).

So all I'm saying is win is not assured. These other groups "owed" him in a way the Academy does not.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 11th, 2002, 02:26:13 PM
There is a lot of people in the Academy who think they owe Washington much like they owed Pacino when he won it for Scent of the Woman, I think Washington will win because of that and combined with the whole Crowe fiasco at the Bafta's (the Academy's old guard did not like the scene he made according to stuff I have read.

CMJ
Mar 11th, 2002, 03:30:28 PM
Well...I've read differing accounts about how much that might hurt him. It's really hard to say at this point.

No matter what..I think the vote was close. It would be interesting to find out how close votes were for these things. :)

ReaperFett
Mar 11th, 2002, 03:36:19 PM
Not very related, but if ANY of you EVER have the chance to contact Kevin Spacey, ask him to do his Sir Ian McKellan impression. It is classic :)

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 11th, 2002, 03:39:20 PM
I know they never tell you how close the vote really ever is. Too bad they couldn't do it afterwards on the net or something.

Champion of the Force
Mar 11th, 2002, 04:51:28 PM
If they did that they might end up with a situation equivalent to the 2000 Presidential election. :p