PDA

View Full Version : Places to download the trailer from

Marcus Telcontar
Mar 10th, 2002, 10:03:33 PM
WHOH!!!!

Hold the forts, this is the best version of all.

MPEG that is superb!!!

www.planwell.com.au/stuff/temp/ep2clonewarp640.mpeg

Edit : Bandwidth is clear right now - if you havent got it, great time is now :)

TheHolo.Net
Mar 10th, 2002, 11:09:13 PM
Considering the quality of the ogm version, I think I would remove it myself to save on the bandwidth hammering the server is taking.

TheHolo.Net
Mar 10th, 2002, 11:13:57 PM
BTW: I don't mean to sound ungrateful for the work that Viscera did for us and those who don't have Quicktime pro, but the DiVX with artifacting is better in quality than the ogm IMO...by far.

Thank you Visc ,for the creation, and to you to DT for the hostage. :)

Marcus Telcontar
Mar 10th, 2002, 11:14:51 PM
It's eased off now. It was running at 120Kbytes/s for an hour average, but its now down to 6K/s.

Fibre Optic is goooooood stuff.

Darth Viscera
Mar 10th, 2002, 11:37:56 PM
There's only so much you can do with an analog signal to try and touch it up, unfortunately. The cable rip version was meant as a temporary trailer, because DT and I thought that the Starwars.com would be too clogged up to see it. I agree that it should be deleted, given the 10 meg version's quality.

As soon as I get an HDTV tuner, the quality will be FAR better for tv captures.

Marcus Telcontar
Mar 10th, 2002, 11:47:42 PM
UPDATE

Ohter links deleted - the NEW version is superb - get this one!

Darth Viscera
Mar 11th, 2002, 01:17:32 AM
After messing with those video and audio tracks in the Quicktime Player (read: not the plugin), i've redone the file so that it no longer requires Quicktime 5 Pro in order to be viewed. It's a 31.0MB file, and is the exact duplicate of the one at starwars.com (read: quality is exactly the same), except it's unencrypted.

As soon as DT wakes up, you guys who have no use for the Pro version can help yourselves to it.

Darth Viscera
Mar 11th, 2002, 01:32:11 AM
After doing a thorough compressibility check of the movie, I've also made a 15.9MB DivX 5/Ogg-Vorbis file. The quality is 99% that of the Quicktime Sorenson 3 version. For half the price, it's truly sweet.

A note, though-It makes use of Global Motion Compensation, Bi-Directional Encoding, Quarter Pel and light psychovisual enhancements, so I'd recommend a P3-800 in order for it to play smoothly.

sirdizzy
Mar 11th, 2002, 06:53:33 PM
honestly the quicktime pro version isn't that good if ya try to full screen it gets grainy

the other 3 trailers were much much much better quality in qucktime pro