PDA

View Full Version : i was looking at past best picture winners

sirdizzy
Mar 10th, 2002, 06:04:43 PM
and realize i only liked 7 of the last 25 winners man hollywood sucks

on the other hand i have seen 93 of the top 100 grossing films of all time

Shawn
Mar 10th, 2002, 06:24:47 PM
I got a question: How on Earth can you stand creating several sentences without punctuation??

CMJ
Mar 10th, 2002, 06:43:22 PM
To each his own...I have enjoyed most recent Best Picture winners.

JonathanLB
Mar 10th, 2002, 08:06:07 PM
I haven't even bothered seeing a lot of the stuff that they give Best Picture and I'm a major movie buff, so obviously that says something about some of the awards given. I will get to seeing them all though.

I think most of the movies they award Best Picture are solid films, generally good movies, but they are nowhere near the best of the year most of the time.

Of the top 100 highest grossing movies, there are a few I have not seen still, hehe. Harry Potter being one of them, and I am sure more, I will look through that list.

Marcus Telcontar
Mar 10th, 2002, 08:22:21 PM
I tend to dispise the majority of Acadamy Award Best Movie winners. I think the way things are going, I will hate this year's as well.

sirdizzy
Mar 10th, 2002, 10:29:03 PM
i liked gladiator but before that the 4 previous years were horrible (anerican beauty, shakespeare in love, titanic, english patient)

and when i write really really long posts i will use a little puncuation to break it up a little

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 11th, 2002, 12:38:40 AM
Gladiator broke a ginx there the last film that I really liked was Braveheart that won, (American Beauty was okay the same with Titantic, didn't really care for Shakespear in Love and The English Patient was terrible) I liked other winners like Schindler's List, Silence of the Lambs, Unforgiven, all come to mind.

sirdizzy
Mar 11th, 2002, 09:17:00 AM
that was the good period in the oscars thats where most of my 7 come from the eraly 1990's.... silence of the lambs, dances with wolves, forest gum and braveheart