PDA

View Full Version : How could you Elaine Cunnigham? (EU spoilers)

Azhure Darkstone
Mar 10th, 2002, 02:53:02 AM
Anakin Solo is dead, Elaine Cunningham killed Anakin!
Stupid Vongs, just when he was succeeding on figuring out the jedi secret...noo!

It's so upsetting man, Anakin was the best guy there..apart from Jaina. BAH!

Lord Gue
Mar 10th, 2002, 02:55:49 AM
wish I knew what the hell you were talking about....

Champion of the Force
Mar 10th, 2002, 02:58:14 AM
It's about one the latest EU books where Anakin Solo was killed off.

I'll probably alter the title of this thread to indicate the topic (not everyone has ready the novel and wants to be spoiled) and bump it over to the EU forum shortly.

Azhure Darkstone
Mar 10th, 2002, 03:07:31 AM
Im sorry, Im EXTREMELY upset over it. She's evil. :mad

Champion of the Force
Mar 10th, 2002, 03:09:42 AM
That's ok. :)

BTW a relink has been left in OOC so posters there can still find this thread (doubles the exposure).

Azhure Darkstone
Mar 10th, 2002, 03:29:16 AM
thanks.

can you also link me to where the author lives so I can show her how I feel? :angel

Who's a better leader then Anakin was? Who's going to find out the truth of the jedi and lead the jedi to a calm existance, not a shakey one they have now? This is a mess!

Why didnt they kill Jacen? he was no where near the truth..well maybe a Slight little but way behind Anakin.

ok...now Im sounding biased towards Jacen. Sorry Jacen fans..

Shawn
Mar 10th, 2002, 03:52:40 AM
Bah... the whole concept of a third (uncreatively named) child never sat right with me, anyway.

Arya Ravenwing
Mar 10th, 2002, 03:59:38 AM
I liked Anakin. The whole thing with the Corellian Trilogy...I'm sorry I liked it! Centerpoint Station...the works.

And I was sad when he died. I get too emotionally involved in books, yes, but to threaten the authors? No. Although, Chewie died in the first book and it made me cry. :(

Azhure Darkstone
Mar 10th, 2002, 04:38:52 AM
The name Anakin was probably signifact because the first Anakin destroyed the jedi, and perhaps this Anakin might have rejuvinated the jedi to its former glory. Don't know, will never know now.

Killing Anakin makes one upset, and to make one upset makes one angry, and say things they wont actually do.
Dont worry, It's a way to vent, I wont actually do anything, lol.

Lord DarkStar
Mar 10th, 2002, 04:54:51 AM
hmm i was going to buy it and read it, but you've just saved the the trouble and the money, thanks :D

ReaperFett
Mar 10th, 2002, 06:57:53 AM
Ashure, I think you may have the wrong book :)

Nichos Marr
Mar 10th, 2002, 11:25:25 AM
Anakin was killed in Star by Star by Troy Denning. Get your stories straight :)

Alpha
Mar 10th, 2002, 11:45:12 PM
Hey, I liked those books. I especially liked Jaina in DJ, when she took the name of Trickster. :)

Saharia
Mar 11th, 2002, 02:14:03 AM
anakins still dead. Maybe I got the authors mixed up but i got the right book. He died saving his comrades just as a good leader should do. gah, better to be a comrade.

Seth Darkserpent
Mar 11th, 2002, 10:08:12 AM
I think his purpose to die was to be more of a martyr. Now that he's dead, he's somewhat of a driving force for everyone.

Saharia
Mar 13th, 2002, 12:54:57 AM
better hope they get driven in the right way =)

Nichos Marr
Mar 13th, 2002, 08:56:32 AM
What exactly is the right way?

Azhure Darkstone
Mar 15th, 2002, 12:57:37 AM
as pathetic as it sounds, the bit where the jedi triumph. I hate books that end with a bad ending because I happen to like some of the characters.
Or at least a way to make the jedi stronger, or more united.

It depends on each person, but thats just me.
You can interprete my last comment anyway you like.

Live Wire
Mar 15th, 2002, 04:44:39 AM
ooh anakins dead? Oh good now I just have to hope they kill of the other two!

sorry I know people out there like the kids but I never could stand any of them. They got on my nerves. Not to mention its a harsh reminder that my favorite characters of all times are OLD! Nope sorry I want to live in denial!

However I am still mad about they killing chewie. Why couldnt they have killed off the twins instead of chewie!!!

ReaperFett
Mar 15th, 2002, 10:15:34 AM
Because Chewie is almost always badly written. Even your man Zahn had to get rid of him. The only good Chewie writer IMO was AC Crispin.

Nichos Marr
Mar 15th, 2002, 04:46:26 PM
Another good Chewie writer is Allston. In Solo Command I could actually see the Wookiee's facial expressions :)

ReaperFett
Mar 15th, 2002, 04:48:31 PM
Yeah, suppose. He was a quite slight character mind.