PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade from 2.2.2 to 2.2.3 to 2.2.4 and now to 2.2.5 Bug list.

TheHolo.Net
Mar 9th, 2002, 04:27:09 PM
Hopefully this will be short and they will all be easy to squash:

1) Who's Online in forums displays multiples of your own ID when refreshed or after posting to a topic. (Cause: My Who's Online modification to make invisible users visiable to mods within forums is slightly out of date for the newer version. I am working on resolving this.)

TheHolo.Net
Mar 9th, 2002, 04:40:50 PM
Bug 1) has been squashed.

TheHolo.Net
Mar 9th, 2002, 04:48:02 PM
Testing "Send to forum after post" hack

Shawn
Mar 9th, 2002, 07:36:15 PM
Ack... I see you upgraded while I was out. I just got the e-mail regarding the new version the other day, and was planning on setting things up when I got home later tonight. After all, I have to do *something* useful around here...

TheHolo.Net
Mar 9th, 2002, 07:44:43 PM
Eh, I've got the hang of doing installs and preserving hacks now. :p I recognize most of the hacked code by sight now, since this is the third or fourth upgrade I have done.

Shawn
Mar 9th, 2002, 07:51:15 PM
Yeah, I was hoping to figure things out, so as to not put so much work on your shoulders. Besides, it's good to know how.

TheHolo.Net
Mar 9th, 2002, 07:56:02 PM
A little program by the name of Beyond Compare to compare files and familiarity with the hacks is what does it for me.

This upgrade was actually pretty easy. I only had to modify about 12 files, upload them, along with the latest upgrade script, run the upgrade script, and then run the install/upgrade of one of the hacks to make it functional again (editreason). :)

Champion of the Force
Mar 9th, 2002, 11:47:46 PM
Has the update altered the 'quote' feature at all? I ask because now the quotes have lost their border and alternate background for some reason, making it less noticeable (I preferred it the way it was before). :\

Testing:

What does this look like?
See?

TheHolo.Net
Mar 10th, 2002, 12:13:22 AM
I just noticed that and reverted it back to the older fashioned way since replacement variables were no longer functional in the vbCode definititions. If we want to go back to how I had it, we can probably revert back to the old vbCode file.

Tests spoiler code:

testing this custom tag

Shawn
Mar 10th, 2002, 04:07:03 PM
Whoa... that caught me off-guard! :eek

TheHolo.Net
Mar 10th, 2002, 04:07:44 PM
It was quick and easy. =)

Shawn
Mar 10th, 2002, 04:34:56 PM
I just meant that I had no clue 2.2.4 was out, especially so soon. Haven't even gotten a notification about it.

TheHolo.Net
Mar 10th, 2002, 04:39:14 PM
It just came out today. It was a very minor security fix to 2.2.3. There weren't even any template changes at all, just like 7 small file modifications dealing with unregistered guests and their posting privilages, as well as a little retooling of the enctype issue, that they tried to recode so as to avoid the "No Forum specified error" when a host disables file uploads. But that fix won't do much for us since our templates are almost all modified fairly heavily.

I'm looking forward to the release of vB3, which is supposed to happen in the next few months, but I have a feeling that quite a few of our hacks may not be compatible. The one I am most concerned with is the Mark Forum Read database hack. Hopefully I can at least preserve that one, as the cookie implementation of vB's mark forum read feature is so unreliable it aggrivates the frell out of me.

Champion of the Force
Mar 14th, 2002, 07:22:48 PM
Don't know whether it is a bug or something, but the quote feature in the following thread (in Reaper's post) doesn't match up with the same feature on the rest of the board:

http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12455

TheHolo.Net
Mar 14th, 2002, 07:34:34 PM
He tried to make it into a spoiler masked quote, which would have worked had he put the spoiler tags inside the quote ones.

Champion of the Force
Mar 14th, 2002, 07:36:44 PM
Hmmm. Testing:

How does this look

I see. :)

TheHolo.Net
Mar 14th, 2002, 07:38:07 PM
Yep, clicking on the edit icon in a post that has a questionable look does wonders for exposing what is happening. :p

TheHolo.Net
Mar 14th, 2002, 07:38:54 PM
How does this look?

TheHolo.Net
Apr 5th, 2002, 01:58:43 AM
Testing send to forum after security upgrade.

TheHolo.Net
Apr 5th, 2002, 01:59:17 AM
Testing quick reply box after upgrade.

TheHolo.Net
Apr 5th, 2002, 01:59:45 AM
Originally posted by SWFans.Net
Testing quick reply box after upgrade. Testing quote look