PDA

View Full Version : i got the EP2 sneak peak figs how bout you

sirdizzy
Mar 9th, 2002, 05:18:02 AM
what a lucky find at wal-mart at 2:30 am

the jango fett is the coolest of the bunch by far.... and wasn't zam's mask suppose to come off i almost took her head off trying to get it off

the clone trooper was a dissapoinment i thought he was going to have red stripes the plain white is bland.... and the r3t7 is just another astromech unit just yellow this time

Hart
Mar 9th, 2002, 05:05:59 PM
Hmm, I should go and check out my local stores to see if they're in.

sirdizzy
Mar 9th, 2002, 06:04:30 PM
i've been hearing that wal-mart is getting the figs the most so check their first

Jedieb
Mar 10th, 2002, 03:08:43 PM
I found them this morning also. I thought they all looked great. I expected the Clonetrooper to be all white. They'll have the red striped version later on, but this is how most of them will look in the film so it's fine by me.

I just noticed the clear dome on the R3. A VERY nice touch. I don't know when I'll get a chance to open them but all the accessories look they'll give kids lots of play value, maybe even some adults. ;)

Jinn Fizz
Mar 10th, 2002, 03:45:55 PM
I found them yesterday, and I'm impressed with all 4 of them, even the astromech droid. I like the dynamic sculpts/poses that they're doing right now, and I like the packaging too. I'm usually the type that rips the figures out of the packages, puts them on stands, and then puts them on display, but I'm thinking of getting another full set of these preview figures and keeping them carded, just because I like the look of them.

And, for the record, Jango Fett rocks :thumbup

sirdizzy
Mar 10th, 2002, 05:00:16 PM
jango is one of the coolest by far i bought a sedonc one of him to have on card

yea i saw that the later versions are to have the red stripes (LOL here i am ripping on it and i bought 6 of them for army building) i wish they hadn't done the dirty boots it looks good on a sandtrooper but i wanted pristine stormtrooper white

i have to say overall i am very impressed with the figs kenner did a good job

Jedieb
Mar 10th, 2002, 09:10:25 PM
I bet will see another white Clone Trooper on an AOTC card. I'm holding off on army building until later in the year. I'll probably end up with about 20 or so to go with the dozen or so battle droids I have and the 30-40 stormtroopers I've got scattered around. My son was using a Stormtrooper earlier today to drive his dump truck. Who knew Imperials were born construction workers?

sirdizzy
Mar 10th, 2002, 10:33:52 PM
i have over 100+ stormtroopers... a 100+ battle dorids and about a 100+ misc figs (like at-st drivers, scour troopers, sandtroopers)

Starquest aka AndyR
Mar 14th, 2002, 01:05:56 PM
Woo-hoo! I got mine today. I scoured the stores yesterday and found nothing. So today during lunch I drove about 20 minutes north of the city and found them in a target. I went ahead and got 2 clone troopers, 2 jango Fett's and one Zam and R3.

I plan on opening all of them except one jango for collecting purposes.

Anyone check Ebay? There are 8 pages of auctions for preview figures, and not very many bids at all.... might not be a bad place to pick some up if you are having a hard time finding them.

sirdizzy
Mar 14th, 2002, 01:21:39 PM
the reason there probably so few bids is the fact that the figs seem to be so common

JMK
Mar 14th, 2002, 09:14:12 PM
Any news on whether they are available in Canada?

Jedieb
Mar 14th, 2002, 10:58:38 PM
I think I remember reading that these had actually shown up in some parts of Canada already. Hopefully you'll have a better time with these figures than past waves of figures.

JMK
Mar 15th, 2002, 10:49:33 AM
Hopefully. I'm going to check the local Walmart & Toys R Us this weekend. They had better be there!

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 15th, 2002, 01:40:34 PM
I only found one so far :( I went to Target, Toys R Us and they had nothing, I think its because they aren't suppose to be out yet according to what somebody told me,I think they are suppose to put them out next week and the idiots at Walmart just decided to put them out early (probably didn't know what they were) I found a clone trooper at Walmart and that is all they had besides that droid the others I guess were long gone. I might have to go to another Walmart this weekend to see if I can find Jango and Zam I really would like to have both.

Jedieb
Mar 15th, 2002, 08:06:29 PM
They weren't suppose to come out until March 15th but most stores are ignoring the sale date. The sale date for AOTC figures wont be broken quite so easily, but it WILL be broken. I think we're going to see figures trickle out more often than we did for EP1. Retailers are going to remember how much EP1 overstock they were left with. They know the more early sales they can grab the less stock they'll have gathering dust 2 months later. All this talk about Lucasfilm punishing retailers who sell early is nonsense. Oh, I can see some small merchants being penalized, but nothing is going to happen to a WalMart, Target, or TRU that sells figures a few days early.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 15th, 2002, 11:43:14 PM
True, I wasn't too surprised to see them out but it looks like every retailer but Walmart in my area decided not to break the rules, now I have to go out tomorrow and see if I can find the two I want.

sirdizzy
Mar 16th, 2002, 05:11:53 AM
damn the man damn him

hehe ok i agree lucas isn't going to punish big retailers i also don't he would pursue punishment on small retailers either