PDA

View Full Version : Is anybody from the Southeastern U.S. going to Celebration II?

Pierce Tondry
Mar 6th, 2002, 08:21:09 PM
The reason I ask, is because I want to go but have no means of getting there. If someone is going by car and would be kind enough to pick me up, I could then make plans to attend the event itself. I'd be happy to help out with money for gas and the like.

Shawn
Mar 6th, 2002, 08:21:50 PM
Where, exactly, is it? And when?

Sith Ahnk
Mar 6th, 2002, 08:24:48 PM
Daemon Hyfe told me he is indeed going

ReaperFett
Mar 6th, 2002, 08:29:31 PM
Look here Shawn (http://www.wizards.com/starwars/celebration.asp?x=celebration_welcome,3&c=celebrationII)

Pierce Tondry
Mar 6th, 2002, 08:29:56 PM
Ahnk: Do you know if he lives around Florida and Georgia or such? Or maybe around Maryland? Because I don't know that people would be willing to pick me up unless they were going my way.

Shawn: Celebration II is going on Friday, May 3 through Sunday, May 5 at the Indianapolis Convention Center. I hear it's going to be an awesome shindig, and I want in.

Sith Ahnk
Mar 6th, 2002, 08:33:27 PM
No, he lives in Indianapolis

imported_Dara Shadowtide
Mar 6th, 2002, 08:37:19 PM
Here is another excellent source of up to date info on the convention :

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=5818746&replies=67

Shawn
Mar 6th, 2002, 10:23:06 PM
Indianapolis is a tad out of the way, sorry. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 7th, 2002, 02:16:53 AM
Hi Pierce. :)

Wow its too far away to go to (Even if I was, I'd be flying). :( But I'm going to go to CA and see Ep. 2 with LW and LV! Cali girls together again!

Morgan Evanar
Mar 7th, 2002, 02:52:57 AM
Indiana is entirely too far.

Live Wire
Mar 7th, 2002, 03:08:35 AM
screw the official celebration! Im gonna be at midnight! Manns chinese!!! With all the other insane people camping out and dressed up! The fun! The fans! The LIGHTSABER FIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look out boys Live Wire's in town and shes gonna be wreaking havoc on you!

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 7th, 2002, 03:20:47 AM
Hey I'm going to be there too! :D

Live Wire
Mar 7th, 2002, 03:41:50 AM
its gonna be sith ladies night out!

if that doesnt bring out the men nothing will!:D

Taataani Meorrrei
Mar 7th, 2002, 09:30:36 AM
I can't make it to Indiana...cause I have exams!!!

(smacks Lucas)

However...I will be at Mann's for E2

Lady Vader
Mar 7th, 2002, 02:36:19 PM
Hmmm... ladies, whaddya think? Can LL handle the three of us, plus one? :lol

Live Wire
Mar 7th, 2002, 02:41:09 PM
lol!!! Not a chance!

One of us can be overpowering.....get three of us plus one and you're talking insanity multiplying exponentially!!!

Taataani Meorrrei
Mar 7th, 2002, 03:14:55 PM
You are so full of crap and you know it!

I handled you all nicely enough last year :lol :cat

Lady Vader
Mar 7th, 2002, 03:55:36 PM
Yes... but this time around... it's going to be worse. Count on it. >D :smokin :cat

Taataani Meorrrei
Mar 7th, 2002, 03:57:07 PM
What? You think I'm gonna be any nicer?

I've been training in the offseason :D

Live Wire
Mar 7th, 2002, 03:57:14 PM
yeah we're prepared now!>D :wings

Taataani Meorrrei
Mar 7th, 2002, 04:02:48 PM
(wipes away the female delusions of grandeur that run thick in the air)

Lady Vader
Mar 7th, 2002, 04:06:37 PM
Oh stop it! you know you're looking forward to what we may do to you...

Wait, that came out soudning wrong... :lol

Taataani Meorrrei
Mar 7th, 2002, 04:14:28 PM
Hey...thats the damn truth!

Arya Ravenwing
Mar 7th, 2002, 04:43:26 PM
>_< :lol

Remember, there weren't as many of us last time. :p

Lady Vader
Mar 7th, 2002, 05:11:41 PM
MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!! >D

Daemon Hyfe
Mar 10th, 2002, 12:24:34 AM
Sorry Tondry, I actually just moved here from the East Coast, though you were even then a little too far out of my way (lived in VA).

Now I'm right in Indiana though, so I'm definitely going. :D

Already got bought my 3 day pass online and everything.

Lemme know if you do find a way to get out here though. I heard its going to be great fun, and out of the thousands of people that are going to attend, and the hundreds of SW fans I know via the internet... I haven't been able to find a single sole who's going yet!

I was willing to bet this would finally be my chance to hook up with some folks I've met through SW RPing and such, but maybe not!

Arya Ravenwing
Mar 10th, 2002, 04:07:28 AM
No, come to California!

:mischief

imported_Eve
Mar 10th, 2002, 08:59:17 AM
Wow, how many people (from here) are actually going? I am feeling that there are more than not.

The celebration starts on my birthday, so looks like y'all have to buy me presents while you're there. Hahahaha. :crack

Anyway. hope you all find your way there and have a FAB-U-LOUS time. If you see Hayden, tell him I love him.

Pierce Tondry
Mar 13th, 2002, 04:57:07 PM
This thread has not been worth a pair of fetid dingos kidneys as far as helping me get to Indiana. LL, LW, LV, and LD, I officially condemn you as having sidetracked this thread. You are now conscripted into a scout force that must help me get a ride to Celebration II.

Anywho... does anybody else know anything that might help me get there? Anybody at all? Because it's going to suck if I can't go.

Nayala Palain
Mar 13th, 2002, 05:00:12 PM
De'Ville, LV, LW..I am so going to return to CA to hang out with ya at Mann's!

Can I huh huh??????

Live Wire
Mar 14th, 2002, 01:53:37 AM
lol sorry for stealing the thread....I couldnt help it. California's a way cooler place to be if ya ask me. Of course Im biased.

Yes Athena I think we can forgive you for leaving and we'll let you return for Episode2.

My question is of course what are the odd of everyone from here who plans or at least hopes to be there at midnight actually getting tickets for midnight. We need to organize cause I'll be damned if I have to go to a 3am show.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 14th, 2002, 07:21:46 PM
Well, IMO, LV and LW are nominated to snag the tickets for us all. At least for me. I can send you a check in the mail, or send ya money via PayPal if you won't front me the cash. :p

And Tondry...everyone who you comndemned has a first name that starts with L. Coincidence? I think not... Muahahaha! :p

Live Wire
Mar 15th, 2002, 02:59:30 AM
lol I nominate someone who's not working, going to school full time, and rehersing her ASS off for a dance performance.

Saarrreeaa Meorrrei
Mar 15th, 2002, 03:20:18 AM
Would that be...um...who would that be?

I mean, it only takes a second to get tickets, right?? :) Can't you buy them online? OH WAIT we can buy them online!

Can we? :eek

Live Wire
Mar 15th, 2002, 03:24:25 AM
Well Im not going to my traditional AMC in rolling hills plaza. Im going to the infamous manns chinese theatre. If we can get them online oh hell yes me and my credit card will be there snapping up tickets the second they go onsale. But if we can't we need to arrange line shifts or something. Anyone have a clue when the presale if there is one is going to start?

Marcus v4
Mar 15th, 2002, 03:27:28 AM
I say we nominate Tine. She's got nothing better to do :lol

Live Wire
Mar 15th, 2002, 03:29:45 AM
Don't bet on her actually having a drivers liscence by then.

I dunno how many tickets they're gonna let one person buy cause I already have at least five RL friends who are going to be there too and if Im designated ticket person thats a whole lot of tickets.

Saarrreeaa Meorrrei
Mar 15th, 2002, 03:32:10 AM
:lolk we arrren't gojing to make jit. And jI've been usssjing thjisss accent farrr too long! Help!

jI won't have anjythjing to do once jI get therrre, but jI'm gettjing therrre Mondajy njight. That leavesss onljy Tuesssdajy.

Live Wire
Mar 15th, 2002, 03:35:42 AM
Im getting tickets if it kills me or someone else. Well if we start a line early you can have the tuesday shift.

Seriously though I hope it wont be too much of a problem cause I am kinda worried about that. Its gonna be a mad house. Speaking of that who else is going dressed up with lightsaber in hand?

Saarrreeaa Meorrrei
Mar 15th, 2002, 03:38:22 AM
I think I should go as Saa or Sass... :):) :angel

Live Wire
Mar 15th, 2002, 03:39:40 AM
I think we should all go as our board characters...or at least for some of us our best one lol! Im going to be there as LW...I originally wanted to go as an EU character but Im like screw that I am live wire and Im gonna show it

Saarrreeaa Meorrrei
Mar 15th, 2002, 03:42:25 AM
Are you going to zap people? Put the taser DOWN LW! Please?! *runs away in fear*

I'll go as Saa, paint my face up and wear somethig tight and sexy. And then I'll purr to all the guys. :)

Live Wire
Mar 15th, 2002, 03:44:01 AM
lol ooh and you and LV can wrestle and we'll have a real cat fight. lmao!

Actually my friend owns a taser...but I wont bring it. lol he'd let me borrow it too if I asked.

Naw unfortunately I wont be electrocuting anyone.......at least...*grins* I dont think so. I do have a way to zap people....I am electrifying after all.

Oh damn this is gonna be soooo much fun!

Marcus Telcontar
Mar 15th, 2002, 03:47:04 AM
I'd look odd going to a SW convention as my character

Live Wire
Mar 15th, 2002, 03:50:59 AM
who cares!! Go as your character anyway! Show your board pride.

Oh and I know someones going to ask this sooner or later. No I will not be dressed up as the pic Im using for my avatar so there!

Sanis Prent
Mar 15th, 2002, 03:54:58 AM
All I need to be IC is a sawn off, double-barrel shotgun, and 2 other toy guns. The costume, I have :)

Live Wire
Mar 15th, 2002, 03:55:54 AM
you have to have the right clothes too! You're not getting off that easy

Saarrreeaa Meorrrei
Mar 15th, 2002, 03:57:21 AM
I'm sure he has the right clothes to be Sanis.

And I could be Arya. Trinity isn't that hard, and I might just fool some drunk guys, you never know.

Sanis Prent
Mar 15th, 2002, 03:59:29 AM
Lemme see :D

Khaki "duster-style" overcoat: CHECK
Crazy Hawaiian Shirt: CHECK
Grey work pants: CHECK
Black steel-toe work boots: CHECK
Black gloves: CHECK
Belt with lots of useless stuff to clip on: CHECK
Tyler Durden sunglasses: CHECK
Crazy hair: CHECK
Goatee: CHECK

:D

Yep, all I need are the guns.

Saarrreeaa Meorrrei
Mar 15th, 2002, 04:01:00 AM
And the hat! :D

Live Wire
Mar 15th, 2002, 04:01:53 AM
my ongoing quest for the pefect boots continues. My hardest thing will be what type of costume. Do I go as formal LW, training clothing, lounging around the palace clothes, undercover LW......

okay now this is starting to sound like Im a freaking fashion doll.

Here we have beach party LW, backyard BBQ LW, Murdering sith Lordess LW!!! lol! I can be my own action figure!

Saarrreeaa Meorrrei
Mar 15th, 2002, 04:05:59 AM
LOL :lol:lol:lol

:cat

:zzz

Live Wire
Mar 15th, 2002, 04:19:46 AM
okay I know that was kind of disturbing. I think my costuming frenzy will start over spring break

Nayala Palain
Mar 15th, 2002, 11:24:32 AM
LW thats not nearly as scary as what my friends did to me. They bought me the " Athena" Action figure line of toys.

I made Athena after the Darkness/Magdalena chracter from Top cow. They finally came out with an Action figure of her. So, naturally my room was filled with them.

I Even have the leather gear, 4 lightsabers, my throwing daggers, a Mock SW blaster. I just need my lightwhip. I even spent 40 bucks on a floor lenght, ebony black, velvet cloak. And I found the perfict boots. And bought them for 35 $$!

My only problem is I am going to be a mommy so my costume doesnt fit anymore.. :(

Lord Gue
Mar 15th, 2002, 11:30:22 AM
LoL, I would go, but I aint leavin my state unless this is bigger than it sounds

Daemon Hyfe
Mar 15th, 2002, 01:07:15 PM
LOL, Eve. Your birthday is on the 3rd? A coincidence indeed, not because its the start of the convention, but because mine is on the 4th. A three day pass to the convention is what my parents are getting me (actually bought a month ago) as a present. What a way to spend a Birthday weekend!

And I really hope you can find a way out here, Tondry. It would be a shame to miss. I'd help you out, but I don't know any folks down there that are coming.