PDA

View Full Version : A fairly important comp question.

Miryan no Trunks
Mar 5th, 2002, 04:05:54 PM
Ok. I installed Norton's Systemworks 2002 on my computer yesterday. While rebooting my comp, it was doing it's runthrough on infected files and the lot. SirC32.exe popped up, and it couldn't repair it, so I could either ignore it, delete it, or quarantine it (it suggested quarantine)

So I quarantined it.

Since then, I've discovered that apparantly sirc32.exe is rather neccesary when one wants to open files of the type "application". Perhaps I'm weird, but I do that fairly often >_< To top it off, Norton's program has decided that it isn't In quarantine. It simply does not exist on my computer anymore.

So my question is this. Can anyone with win98 (unless os isn't important) email me a copy of their sirc32.exe ( alus@hotmail.com ) or better yet, post some sort of fix for this program? Cause not being able to open anything more than My Computer is starting to piss me off >_<

Miryan no Trunks
Mar 5th, 2002, 04:07:34 PM
Never mind. I've since discovered the problem.

Simple matter of going in and changing the registry ^_^. Sorry about the waste of your reading time =)

HaeLari Draevyn
Mar 5th, 2002, 04:25:09 PM
lol I was about to run a search to see if I had one or not. I'm not sure what exactly is on my computer since I am a comp dunce on top of I just got this thing recently. :p But it's good you found the prob.

Miryan no Trunks
Mar 5th, 2002, 06:39:59 PM
Well, if you had one, Id've had to suggest you do a search for how to get rid of it =)

It's the Sir Cam virus, a horrible piece of violent, destructive code, that infects your computer not only by installing a few lines into the registry that make it so that every time a file opens, the virus opens too, but get this.

It wreaks havoc on your computer by randomly emailing people out documents and pictures from your "my documents" folder!

Ahhhh!

And then it gets infected on Their computers, and does the same thing!

Ahhhh!

And then.... well, yeah, that's really about all it does. But apparantly it's a huge threat to PC owners everywhere. Cauuse.. it.. is fairly harmless, unless you actually keep important files that you want no-one else to see, in your "my documents" folder.

Meh. Oh well...

HaeLari Draevyn
Mar 5th, 2002, 06:43:13 PM
Bleh!! O_o I'll search and see if I do have it. Hopefully not!

sirdizzy
Mar 6th, 2002, 12:43:44 PM
i just got rid of a virus called crackerbox recently
i downloaded it off morpheus it was suppose to be a registery hack program so you could use xp without the license but it reality its a virus

Sith Ahnk
Mar 6th, 2002, 07:51:40 PM
And then.... well, yeah, that's really about all it does. But apparantly it's a huge threat to PC owners everywhere. Cauuse.. it.. is fairly harmless, unless you actually keep important files that you want no-one else to see, in your "my documents" folder.

Uh-oh...