PDA

View Full Version : TSE peeps

Legeldor
Mar 5th, 2002, 11:49:10 AM
I need your help! This character is going to be from Garqi, so I need info on your motivation during the Garqi campaign. I don't think the text in my own crawl really portrays what actually happened:

Episode I

BUT ONE LIFE TO LIVE

Turmoil, greed, corruption and stagnancy have
engulfed the galaxy. The evil SITH EMPIRE, wary of
silence and tranquility, has undertaken a bold new
offensive towards outlying star systems.

Sensing weakness in the Imperial Remnant, a flotilla
of deadly Sith Warships strikes out in an effort to
capture the impoverished agricultural planet of Garqi,
to secure a stepping stone for further incursions.

With their lives hanging desperately in the balance,
the Garqians, themselves aware that the Remnant
has abandoned them, have formed a ragged militia
composed solely of valiant citizen-soldiers....

Can you suggest any modifications, please? You will be mentioned in a cool DVD format-esque video, produced by yours truly using the latest in video techniques! Please please please?

See attached, then imagine 2,580 frames of that, with the words SITH EMPIRE up there!

Legeldor
Mar 5th, 2002, 11:50:02 AM
attachment test (what happened to the last one?)

Darth Viscera
Mar 5th, 2002, 11:51:11 AM
First off, the opening crawl, which tells the tail of this episode.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/darthviscera/screenshot1300.jpg

and then it would pan down to a wide view of Garqi, at which time the audio track would switch from Main Title to Imperial march,

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/darthviscera/screenshot2580.jpg

just in time for 3 TIE's to fly in from the bottom, on patrol pattern, followed by an ISD ANH-style. then maybe, if we can pull it off, a wide shot of the Sith Fleet.

Darth Viscera
Mar 5th, 2002, 02:03:20 PM
Okay, so I don't have the know-how to pull off the 3 TIE's and an ISD, and the wide shot of the Sith Fleet. I'll do the crawl-and-pan of Garqi, fade in Imperial March.

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 5th, 2002, 02:04:16 PM
This all looks very impressive :)

Seerrasseei Tsseerra
Mar 5th, 2002, 03:20:18 PM
*nods her head in agreement*

TheHolo.Net
Mar 5th, 2002, 03:51:08 PM
Originally posted by Legeldor
attachment test (what happened to the last one?) The forum announcement mentions why attachments do not work. We are still waiting for the host to patch their version of PHP.

Darth Viscera
Mar 5th, 2002, 04:07:51 PM
Done! The crawl is 88 seconds long, and 16.7 megs (I abhor low quality). The audio is 320kbps MP3, and the video is DivX 5.0 Professional. The resolution is 640x272. You'll need to download the DivX 5.0 codec to view it, which is available at:

http://www.divx.com and http://www.download.com

DT will host it on his server, because he owes me one :)

The reason for the large size of the file is because, quite simply, crawls are very bitrate-intensive, and I wanted to get it absolutely perfect. The 90-second Episode I crawl on your DVD takes up more bits in your 9.80Mbps video stream than any other 300 seconds of the movie, with the exception of the Obi-Wan and Darth Maul duel.

I'm going to try and see if I can tweak the video.

Darth Viscera
Mar 5th, 2002, 04:19:51 PM
It's actually pretty funny to see Garqi raise up as if it's on an elevator in the pan sequence :lol For that reason, I decreased the size of the planet in the clip.

Darth Viscera
Mar 5th, 2002, 04:47:07 PM
To put this into perspective, the master source, which is only 2,120 frames, 88.14 seconds, is 850 MB.

Darth Viscera
Mar 5th, 2002, 05:15:19 PM
I halved the file size. The audio is now 200.2kbps MP3, and the video is 700kbps DivX 5.0. The file is 9.2 megs and still 640x272.

Darth Viscera
Mar 5th, 2002, 06:02:58 PM
http://www.planwell.com.au/stuff/onelife.avi
hosted now, thanks to everyone's favorite aussie :)
remember to download DivX 5 first @
http://www.divx.com/divx/index.php

Enjoy.

ReaperFett
Mar 5th, 2002, 06:06:37 PM
hosted now, thanks to everyone's favorite aussie
Jolly nice of Mel Gibson! :)

Rama
Mar 6th, 2002, 03:25:17 AM
Wait........I thought that was Russel Crowe.

Anyways I forget why exactly we did it........a lot of times when someone reaches a stage of Influnce in TSE(well when we had fleets) They would want to capture their homeworld with the aid of new Sith Friends......who agree cause it means more worlds and resources for us. I did it with Ord Mantell, and Dale did it with Bakura. This may have been Dara's home world......but don't quote me on that. But if it was, that would have been the motivation.

Darth Viscera
Mar 6th, 2002, 06:46:54 AM
Yep, I've got style. Now everyone, download it and watch it!

NOW!

EDIT~Mel Gibs..who? NO! I am referring, of course, to the one and only...the man with the iron hat....the man with the plan and a fiesty broom....old sneezy!

Vega Van-Derveld
Mar 6th, 2002, 12:29:12 PM
This may have been Dara's home world

Yep. It is her homeworld, and I think it was a small part of the driving force behind wanting to take it over.

Rama
Mar 6th, 2002, 04:22:40 PM
See.....

imported_Dara Shadowtide
Mar 6th, 2002, 06:41:40 PM
Dara orchestrated and led the TSE Garqi planet takeover since it was her homeworld and would be an asset to the Empire which she has served loyally. Here is the rp thread link:

http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7424

I would be happy to talk with you on AIM Viscera if you have any other questions. :)

Sith Ahnk
Mar 6th, 2002, 07:44:44 PM
Okay, so I don't have the know-how to pull off the 3 TIE's and an ISD, and the wide shot of the Sith Fleet. I'll do the crawl-and-pan of Garqi, fade in Imperial March.

I can help y'all.

Darth Viscera
Mar 7th, 2002, 08:25:20 AM
Alrighty. Dara, can you suggest any modifications to the crawl text?

imported_Dara Shadowtide
Mar 8th, 2002, 01:58:50 AM
Well, but it's your character and everything though Vis. I would be happy to talk with you on AIM or in private messages if you want, like if you need my assistance on information about Dara's history and why she led the takeover of her homeworld for TSE.. maybe we could even talk about a roleplay with our two characters. Just let me know. :)

Morgan Evanar
Mar 8th, 2002, 02:47:16 AM
y'know, you could spend a little time learning flash and you wouldn't need to bother worrying about the size of the vid, compression bla bla bla. You'd worry about the audio and that would be it.

Besides, a low end system can handle a flash text crawl + mp3 decode with no problem.

Legeldor
Mar 8th, 2002, 08:45:31 AM
Dara-That would be great, the only two characters from Garqi, it would be cool to have an RP together :) I'll pm you about it and try to get you on AIM, but I go to sleep at 9pm EST.

Morgan-Can Flash give me full-motion (24fps), 2.35 aspect ratio widescreen video at that quality with a filesize reduction that is not negligable?

Ahnk-You know how to use 3D Studio Max R4?

EDIT~Dara, pm sent

Sith Ahnk
Mar 9th, 2002, 12:41:33 AM
Ahnk-You know how to use 3D Studio Max R4?

In a word: no.

In a sentence: my friend made a fan fic, and he used it to craft various flight sequences, such as the one in Duality, or Maul's landing on Tatooitne.

I had a different idea, a simpler one utilizing Adobe software to overlay... ah, it's hard to explain, but there are several ways to do it. And I know two. What software did you use to do the intial crawl and such?

Morgan Evanar
Mar 9th, 2002, 02:06:12 AM
For a simple text crawl, yes.

Darth Viscera
Mar 9th, 2002, 08:57:54 AM
The crawl is a 2580-frame scene in 3d studio max r4. It angles a .tga file created in Photoshop (which contains the crawl text) and scrolls it, gradually reduces the opacity of the .tga file when it is nearly gone, then pans down.

Your friend is Mark Thompson?

Sith Ahnk
Mar 9th, 2002, 09:34:14 AM
I wish.......

Who's Mark Thompson?

Legeldor
Mar 9th, 2002, 10:27:12 AM
the maker of Duality

Sith Ahnk
Mar 9th, 2002, 11:07:04 AM
I knew that, I was just pretending I didn't to get you to lose your temper so I could slander you again :p

Looking over the way you did the text crawl... it seems fairly inneficent, yet as I have never done one before and am thinking theoretically I give credit where credit is due.

Now dance Viscera dance!

Legeldor
Mar 9th, 2002, 11:34:58 AM
*dances to the tune of ragtime piano*

Is this rather to your liking, gov'na?

Sith Ahnk
Mar 9th, 2002, 11:47:05 AM
Yes, that will do fine. :)

By the way, the link to the thing is broken for me. Probably just me, as I had some problems with StarTrek.com as well as various other sites earlier in the day. :cry

But yeah... I think using Adobe I could whip up a fine text crawl and toss on some music in maybe half an hour... unless I already have the music, then I'll try for eleven seconds. :)

Darth Viscera
Mar 9th, 2002, 12:48:52 PM
The link works fine for me. Adobe what? You need a 3d program.

Sith Ahnk
Mar 9th, 2002, 09:13:59 PM
Not really. You don't need to angle it... you could do it manually by text size.

Darth Viscera
Mar 10th, 2002, 12:14:12 PM
for more than 2000 frames?