PDA

View Full Version : Time for a rant

Vinny Red
Mar 3rd, 2002, 04:52:14 PM
I'ms ick and tired of idiot drivers that don't use their signal lights and insist on turning at the very last moment. I'm sick of retards that don't know the concept of a merge lane and insist on pulling on to the highway doing 50 kmph (30 mph). And most of all i hate the stupid woman that was going on the offramp which is a 50, and she was doing 30, and thought it would be a good idea to turn around and look at me and shake her fist at me (no joke) because admittedly i was a little close to her, but she decided it would be a better idea to turn and curse at me, and come within about a foot of putting her car in the ditch with her three kids in the back seat. Why dont' people use a little common sense when they drive??????

Taataani Meorrrei
Mar 3rd, 2002, 09:21:41 PM
AMEN!

HaeLari Draevyn
Mar 3rd, 2002, 09:23:34 PM
I thought people in New York drove horribly, and I live here. But then I took a trip down south a few years ago, and the further south I went, the more frightened I became. Someone went into headon traffic to pass someone when an 18 wheeler was coming towards them by mere yards!!O_o

Live Wire
Mar 3rd, 2002, 11:02:50 PM
lol! yes! Some days I swear Im the only sane person on the road. And thats a very scary thought. Another thing that bugs me are people who leave the turn signal on for like 20 miles. Are they so freaking deaf they dont hear the thing?

Captain Tyle
Mar 4th, 2002, 12:47:21 AM
LW you are a sucky driver! No offense, and yes you drive better than LV, but C'MON!!!

Live Wire
Mar 4th, 2002, 03:02:48 AM
lol how the hell do you know! How long were you even with me in the car? Don't even talk! I just couldn't afford to get a ticket or arrested when I was somewhere I wasn't supposed to be. Talk to someone who drives with me on a regular basis. Im a good driver even if I am a fast one.

Sanis Prent
Mar 4th, 2002, 03:07:04 AM
WTF...you are slower than frozen cane molasses girl!!!

Marcus Telcontar
Mar 4th, 2002, 03:07:27 AM
Get off the footpath if you dont like my driving

Sanis Prent
Mar 4th, 2002, 03:26:17 AM
If I drive under the speed limit, that means I'm accelerating. And I've never gotten a ticket. What's your excuse?

Live Wire
Mar 4th, 2002, 03:30:24 AM
oh the fact that if I get a ticket and Im not where Im not supposed to be I am very VERY dead!!!!

When Im where Im supposed to be Im usually hitting 85 or 90 on the freeway.

I haven't gotten a ticket yet either but cops here in LA are really anal and really pissy.

Marcus Telcontar
Mar 4th, 2002, 03:39:02 AM
85 or 90 mph?

Get out of first gear :)

Sanis Prent
Mar 4th, 2002, 03:40:50 AM
85 is CRUISING SPEED

If I'm in a hurry, I am bumping the governor on my speedometer, which goes at about 98 mph. I didn't say I had a sports car or anything, but I don't sandbag :)

Live Wire
Mar 4th, 2002, 03:41:56 AM
oh shut up rally car driver! We're talking LA freeways not the racetrack!:p

I did do 110 on the way home from magic mountain late one night when there were no other cars on the fwy. But thats rare thanks to LA style traffic. Hell some days your lucky to hit 40 cause of the amount of traffic.

Sanis Prent
Mar 4th, 2002, 03:44:11 AM
WTF?

The only way you can do 110 in that iron dinosaur is if you've got a wind gust coming up from behind!

Live Wire
Mar 4th, 2002, 03:46:37 AM
actually not true! I like pushing limits. Its kinda like overclocking your cpu...you have to see what you can get away with.:D

Figrin D'an
Mar 4th, 2002, 03:49:28 AM
Speed isn't everything to good driving, folks. Try navigating your way through 8 inch snow drifts, covering a half-inch of ice...

Live Wire
Mar 4th, 2002, 03:51:45 AM
ewww snow! Snow's the reason I never head up the grapevine pass here. Rain not a problem, snow I avoid.

Sanis Prent
Mar 4th, 2002, 03:58:11 AM
I just worry about handling and acceleration.

Marcus Telcontar
Mar 4th, 2002, 04:09:34 AM
And you drive an SUV? Handling and acceleration are a contradiction to those things :p

Sanis Prent
Mar 4th, 2002, 04:12:11 AM
I haven't driven an SUV since '98!

I drive a TRUCK! Chevy S-10 with a V-6 Vortec.

sirdizzy
Mar 4th, 2002, 09:48:16 AM
try losing your breaks in rush hour traffic and coming up on a light, driving on the sidewalk and going up on two wheels to get into a parking lot then doing circles to stop the car

i got ya all beat then again the brake job was $500 and the deductible was $500 i should have just wrecked the damned car

Sanis Prent
Mar 4th, 2002, 01:27:03 PM
I did something similar to that. One time I was going down Chalkville Mountain Road (Which is a long drop for a few miles) and my blazer ran out of gas. This killed my power steering and power brakes as well. So I was dead, and still rolling out of control down the road. I turned as hard as I could to the right, and stood on the brakes, taking my blazer into a flying glide as I careened through the front yard of a church, coming to rest halfway in a ditch. I re-cranked, pulled the blazer out, and continued on my merry way :lol

Vinny Red
Mar 4th, 2002, 02:38:11 PM
That's just like the idiot that hit me when i was stopped at a red light and sandwiched me between two cars. We all been stopped for a t least a minute, then this jerk comes and hits me doing about 40 mph, and wrote off my car, and his. The worst part was that i looked in the mirror and saw him come and throw up his hands and say what looked like "oh S*it"

YOu're right though Figrin...nothing like a little snow to bring out the best in your driving...plus the added fun of the Emergency brake :D

HaeLari Draevyn
Mar 4th, 2002, 03:21:26 PM
lol I guess I'm not the only one who double posts once in a while :p