PDA

View Full Version : The Good War - Preparation

Captain Tyle
Mar 2nd, 2002, 02:41:33 AM

Factions:

New Republic
A crack contingent of NRSF orbitally-deployed airborne forces. Approximately 5,000 men in total.

The Sith Empire
Defending, a last-vestige cadre of TSE elite.
Approximately 20,000 in men in total, with limited supplies.

Military theme: The New Republic is "island hopping" the last few TSE worlds still not liberated. Cilpar has refused to yield to its population or outside pressures, and the remaining TSE brass have issued a "fight to the death" policy. NR command has ordered the planet to be taken in an "orbital-entry" assault.

Personal theme: This is not a planet grab focus. The focus will be of a personal nature. The horror of war, through each person's eyes, and how they cope with the paradox of killing in the name of their country, and killing a fellow man, who is shockingly similar to yourself or your comrades. Its that personal struggle that will be showcased, in a backdrop of explosion, gunfire, and the maelstrom of sights and sounds that are war.

Overview: The story is told through the eyes of NCOs (Non-commission officers, or field officers) on each opposing side. Their stories will begin in separate parts of the global battlefield, gradually and inexorably moving towards the others, to be drawn into the last phases of the war.

If you are interested, please post here, and your participation will be considered. Unfortunately, due to the nature of this, and the level of personal committment that will be required, not many people will be able to enter.

I hope those who read this RP will appreciate not only the work that goes into it, but of the real sacrifice, the real horror, and the real heroism that we allude to, in this galaxy that is very near, and very real to us.

Sincerely,
Sergeant Nemor Tyle
aka, The Lounge Lizard
aka, Charley Hicks

HaeLari Draevyn
Mar 2nd, 2002, 02:45:32 AM
Would it be under our current characters or under others? I'd rather not bring this character into it, just have an odd feeling for some reason for dragging Hae into it. *shrugs* But I'd be glad to make a different character for it! :D

Sgt. Jon Wargrave
Mar 2nd, 2002, 02:46:20 AM
Well this is Millard as a new character. Tyle's old but the others are new I think.

Legeldor
Mar 2nd, 2002, 06:10:49 AM
If TGE were aware of the attack, it would naturally make an attempt to thwart the NR's invasion. Hypothetically IC speaking, that is.

Admiral Lebron
Mar 2nd, 2002, 11:04:16 AM
I wouldn't mind doing it for either that sounds like a lot of fun and I like fun.

Sumor Rayial
Mar 2nd, 2002, 01:51:12 PM
I'm in. Since I know TSE's tech and weapons I'll offer to lead the remaining troops. (LL best to contact me through PM first if your interested in taking up the offer and want to talk about any ideas)

Just on a aside and clairification, the orders wouldn't be given directly from the TSE council. It could, but the most likely senario is that the "overlord" government that was appointed by TSE when first conquered would be giving the orders trying to keep its control.

Taataani Meorrrei
Mar 2nd, 2002, 02:03:07 PM
When I mentioned "TSE Brass", I refer to the reigning military hierarchy leadership on the planet, not the council.

Yeah, just PM my LL name, and I'll see how we can work with you.

Khan Surak
Mar 2nd, 2002, 04:57:20 PM
This sounds very intriguing. I would hope there is a place for another, and I would like to submit my name. I have been waiting for a good ground warfare thread I could read or participate in.

MSN has not been working for me the past couple days, and I will have it fixed soon. If there is a position I could play, just pm me as well. Thanks.

HaeLari Draevyn
Mar 2nd, 2002, 05:01:56 PM
Hmm.. Well, I'm interested definately. :) Sounds like fun.

Lt. Arlon Nomura
Mar 2nd, 2002, 10:02:12 PM
Im in, LL as you know - my char would be on the TSE side. That was the plan anyway, but Im not sure how "hypothetical" this event is. If it is to be more accurate boardwise in relation to characters.
I dont want to be stepping over boundries or anything.

Hera.

Taataani Meorrrei
Mar 3rd, 2002, 02:25:17 AM
cool stuff!

Pierce Tondry
Mar 6th, 2002, 08:50:52 PM
I'd definitely like to be in on this. If it's still possible, could someone let me know?

ReaperFett
Mar 6th, 2002, 08:58:15 PM
sound good. Good luck :)

Jared Mriad
Mar 6th, 2002, 09:29:02 PM
Sounds fun. Throw me into the pot as another name other than this.. I gotta think of that name.. I'll get back on you on the name thing :)