PDA

View Full Version : Possible OOC argument clarification and explaination...

TheHolo.Net
Mar 2nd, 2002, 01:59:08 AM
Originally posted by Rama
Man I remeber takeing a lot of undeserved heat(since i told them to do it) for someone else useing my SN. Man.....that guy had a bug up his butt. But it wasn't at this board so no worries here. Rama was trying to get a rise out of me and succeeded, even though in a sense he already had in that thread by purposely posting curse words that had to be filtered out. I don't consider myself stuffy or snobbish concerning vulgarities, but it is a well known fact that such things are not welcome on this board.

The incident that this particular snide remark refers to is a case where I mentioned that it was a security issue of the TSE Council to have his wife (who is associated with another SWFans group, no longer affiliated with TSE (the Coven) running around with access to his account. His comment is directly aimed at me and unjustly so considering that a few other council members at the time agreed with me and my stance. So now you know the story behind that.

Being personally offended twice in the thread caused me to quote the FAQ for him which prompted one of his TSE buddies to make a snide comment, which I have chosen and will continue to choose not to respond to in any way so as to help keep the topic from going off topic.

That being the case I have no idea what grounds or to what exactly this post is in regards to:
Originally posted by Daegal Murdoch

Something to keep in mind, Ogre, generally, good leaders lead by example. Perhaps talk to your staff about following the rules before you talk to us?

Such eloquently stated facts and examples I can hardly contain the laughter. Okay, tis explained so we are all up to date on Rama's riling of me, which in actuality, I believe I handled pretty well.

Champion of the Force
Mar 2nd, 2002, 02:07:17 AM
Don't post anything for the time being. Just sit back and relax. :)

I'm going to have a look.

Champion of the Force
Mar 2nd, 2002, 02:09:18 AM
:: comes back ::

Ok - where the heck is this thread anyway? :huh

TheHolo.Net
Mar 2nd, 2002, 02:10:00 AM
:: props up feet and keeps text out of reply boxes in the OOC forum. ::

:smokin

Thanks. :)

Champion of the Force
Mar 2nd, 2002, 02:14:26 AM
Forget it - found it. :)

TheHolo.Net
Mar 2nd, 2002, 02:17:11 AM
Heh, I just thought of the fact I didn't link the thread or give the title. :o

Its title is "Sheep", in the OOC forum for those others who may read this. and apparently Murdoch was offended by the actual topic itself. :huh Makes you wonder if... :p

Champion of the Force
Mar 2nd, 2002, 02:25:24 AM
Forget it now - Shawn's responded.

Let the flames ensue. :x

Shawn
Mar 2nd, 2002, 02:27:17 AM
In all honesty, I thought everyone was mature enough to handle this. Even Alpha, who is 14 years old (IIRC), handled it very well. But apparently, I've overestimated our posters' ability to be adults for even 5 minutes.

TheHolo.Net
Mar 2nd, 2002, 02:27:26 AM
Rama is bitter because he didn't make it as a mod, methinks, and Daegal, well he always seems to argue ridiculous things, like in favor of ezboard. :x

Shawn
Mar 2nd, 2002, 02:29:28 AM
I'm going to be perfectly honest right now: If this were my personal board, I would have banned Deagol Murdoch about 20 minutes ago. But it's not, so I must be benevolent and fair. :x

TheHolo.Net
Mar 2nd, 2002, 02:32:51 AM
He'd be on my list with Rama, Lynch and dara too, even though she doesn't speak much on the board, she does have a way of rallying people to causes she believes in in IM. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if she were the one who pointed that topic out to Daegal, considering she is lurking all over it now. but I digress...

Champion of the Force
Mar 2nd, 2002, 02:33:17 AM
Well I say just leave the thread for the time being. Because actually Rama does have an interesting point - the thread could be construed as lewd and therefore in violation of our FAQ.

Better stick to more conservative whacky links Shawn. :)

Anyway, I corrected Rama on his comment about being singled out, and threw in a little joke about not checking out the links Shawn posted. :)

(Jokes posted by people not involved tend to wear accusers down IMHO - I've seen Lynch cave under jokes on a couple of occassions :) ).

TheHolo.Net
Mar 2nd, 2002, 02:36:18 AM
Yet Rama continues to take vieled shots at me being messed up, anal and the like. :x :mad

Champion of the Force
Mar 2nd, 2002, 02:40:52 AM
Hush hush. Let it be, let it be. :p

BTW, posting every 5 secs in a potentially hostile thread (we're you're involved) is not recommended. Take your time between posts, since it prevents the argument from catching momentum. :)

Shawn
Mar 2nd, 2002, 02:45:03 AM
I just wanted to make sure it's absolutely clear that I'm not trying to stifle the poor, innocent rebels under my iron fist. :p

TheHolo.Net
Mar 2nd, 2002, 02:48:19 AM
It almost seems to me like he is trying to push my buttons just to see what he can accomplish, and just that thought aggrivates the frell out of me, urrrggg.

Okay, time for me to go do something else.

:: loads up last Trigun DVD and watches Anime. ::

Champion of the Force
Mar 2nd, 2002, 02:50:34 AM
Oh well they've all logged off now (except for Dara).

I admit I was slightly handicapped because I did the same thing as Rama in 2 other threads today, so I couldn't really tell anyone off for it. :x

Shawn
Mar 2nd, 2002, 02:55:43 AM
You know what?

Everyone else got a laugh out of it. I don't need to defend myself, because everyone else can see that it was just good fun, meant for a laugh. So I'm not going to. I'm simply not going to respond any further. Let him take whatever potshots he likes at me: Even the 'newbies' can tell that he's just making an ass out of himself.

Champion of the Force
Mar 2nd, 2002, 03:04:42 AM
Don't worry about it. The thread has turned into a joke haven (thanks to me and Halari :p) so I think anybody pushing the issue further is going to look a bit out of place. :)

Charley
Mar 2nd, 2002, 01:02:39 PM
Just remember people...this is a place that for the large part, is ruled by the consensus. If the consensus is that something is alright...then so be it. We're not going to deny the consensus, unless its something that adamantly goes against the rules.

So until we stop going by that consensus, Daegal and company can pee on an electric fence for all I care :)

ReaperFett
Mar 2nd, 2002, 01:35:28 PM
I heard what happened to someone who did that. It exploded y'know? :)

Champion of the Force
Mar 2nd, 2002, 08:25:54 PM
Just remember people...this is a place that for the large part, is ruled by the consensus.
Don't go spreading that around too much - we'd all be out of a job in a week when the concensus reveals that the forums don't need moderators. :lol