PDA

View Full Version : In actual Star Wars News...

Helenias Evenstar
Mar 1st, 2002, 10:33:00 PM
http://www.starwars.com/episode-ii/news/2002/02/news20020228.html

Article transcribed below

--

Debut of Full Episode II Trailer
February 28, 2002

The full trailer for Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones will soon arrive in theaters and starwars.com, but the public will get its first look at the two-and-a-half-minutes of brand new footage Sunday, March 10 on FOX television.
Shown in its entirety the full trailer, titled "Clone War," will air between original episodes of "Malcolm in the Middle" (8:30-9:00 PM ET/PT) and "The X-Files" (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT). The trailer will make its big screen debut with Ice Age beginning Friday, March 15.

Attack of the Clones is set ten years after the events of The Phantom Menace. The galaxy has undergone significant change, as have Obi-Wan Kenobi, Padmé Amidala and Anakin Skywalker, who are thrown together for the first time since the conflict between the Trade Federation and Padmé's home planet, Naboo. Anakin has grown into the accomplished Jedi apprentice of Obi-Wan, who himself has transitioned from student to teacher, while Padmé is a distinguished Senator. Anakin and Obi-Wan are assigned to protect Padmé, whose life is threatened by a faction of political separatists. As powerful forces prepare to collide in epic battle, Anakin and Padmé find themselves torn between duty and honor and a love that is forbidden. These heroes face choices that will impact not only their own fates, but also the destiny of the Republic.

The film was written and directed by George Lucas, co-written by Jonathan Hales, produced by Rick McCallum and stars Ewan McGregor, Natalie Portman, Hayden Christensen and Samuel L. Jackson. Additional cast members include Ian McDiarmid, Christopher Lee and Temuera Morrison.

--

I will be the first to admit, I really did not like The Phantom Menace. I loved the original trilogy, but Menace just seemed to be lacking something for me. The trailers so far haven't really impressed me either up to now... but who knows. I do want to see Clones however.

TheHolo.Net
Mar 2nd, 2002, 12:05:17 AM
More discussion regarding the release of the next trailer can be found here:

http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11020

Shawn
Mar 2nd, 2002, 01:24:34 AM
I don't know if it's just me, but it seems like AOTC has been getting much less hype than TPM. Perhaps Lucas learned that it's a bad thing to overhype a movie?

I mean, before TPM even came out, you had 10,000 posters, a soundtrack with a popular song... even a music video that was getting heavily requested on MTV. But, aside from these sporadic teaser trailers, I haven't really seen that much of AOTC in the media.

ReaperFett
Mar 2nd, 2002, 08:13:51 AM
How nice they keep the release hidden away :|