PDA

View Full Version : the scary thing is......

sirdizzy
Mar 1st, 2002, 01:06:37 PM
i don't reconize many names posting on here anymore what happened to all the originals (wait wasn't dizzy an original who dissappeared ahh shut up damn voices in the head) :rolleyes

Shawn
Mar 1st, 2002, 02:38:28 PM
Hi. I'm Nupraptor. I think you know me. :)

sirdizzy
Mar 1st, 2002, 03:27:10 PM
yea i remember you why'd ya change your name

my middle name is shawn don't i have more rights to the name then you:lol

Champion of the Force
Mar 1st, 2002, 05:43:34 PM
sirdizzy? Who's he?

:p

If you mean the old, OLD originals (like before CC.Net), there' still C0untryB0y (aka. ReturnoftheCB) posting, as well as Jedieb, CMJ and probably a few others. Darth23 was here until about a week ago but has now left us. And of course there's me (currently with my 105th name change ;) ).

Check out the Boxoffice forum and see. :)

I can't really remember anymore how long everyone has been around. :x

sirdizzy
Mar 1st, 2002, 06:19:58 PM
i was pre ccnet as well does luuke starkiller still post

theres not many of us left is there

Lady Vader
Mar 1st, 2002, 06:20:52 PM
Oh come on! You have to remember me! I'm as ancient as posters go! :lol

I remember the times before CCnet... the times when most of us did lots of hoping to find a suitable home. Man, I feel old. :p

Champion of the Force
Mar 1st, 2002, 06:47:37 PM
i was pre ccnet as well does luuke starkiller still post
I haven't seen Luuke in a fair while.

I forgot to add above that Jonathan is also still here. foxdvd also posts occasionally. And Darth Turbogeek (aka. Marcus Q'Dunn) is still around.

So there's a few of us left. :)

Darth Turbogeek
Mar 1st, 2002, 10:06:13 PM
Yes, DT is still here - oldest of the ancients. You also forgot Lounge Lizard.

Champion of the Force
Mar 2nd, 2002, 01:51:16 AM
You also forgot Lounge Lizard.
Oh #@)*(&! How could I forget him - a fellow STAFF MEMBER??? >_<

I'm really having a rough trot here. :x

sirdizzy
Mar 2nd, 2002, 01:52:28 AM
its just imitading with all the new names oh well damn fool i knew you were going to say that

sirdizzy
Mar 2nd, 2002, 01:54:48 AM
you say your 105th name change but for some reason champion of the force seems famolar what was your original name

and there can only be on dizzy on dizzy to rule them all and use no puncuation and with a store of typos to boot:D

Champion of the Force
Mar 2nd, 2002, 02:00:23 AM
Ack - you're speaking like buffjedi dizzy. :x

for some reason champion of the force seems famolar what was your original name.
I think you're confusing me with Defender of the Jedi. :)

But you did know me once. I originally posted as Darth Jasper (later Ewyn Jasper) before CC.Net, afterwhich I took on the name Atreyu. Other names followed, but they're the more recogniseable ones.

When you first established the Jedi Council on SWFans I was your first padawan, before getting thrown to someone else. :p

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 2nd, 2002, 02:11:03 AM
Hey you forgot me and JMK or Jedi Master Kyle we both have been around about as long as CMJ or Jedieb I think, we have lost a few old posters though (Kyp Durron, Bromine and Darth Ace all come to mind have no idea if any of them will come back) there might be other oldies lurking that I just can't remember at the moment, oh Reaperfett too, he has been around a long time I think.

Shawn
Mar 2nd, 2002, 02:21:40 AM
I just changed my name because I wanted something a little more personable and friendly. :)

Champion of the Force
Mar 2nd, 2002, 02:22:49 AM
ReaperFett is a young'n - he's only been posting since Nov/Dec 1999. :p

sirdizzy
Mar 2nd, 2002, 03:13:53 AM
ahhhh yes i was the founder of the rpg's here the good ole days

that was a cool time i would wait every day for TPM numbers

Champion of the Force
Mar 2nd, 2002, 03:40:18 AM
Hmmm - I might bump this over to Boxoffice, since most of the oldies are there and might check out this thread.

Plus also you've pretty much picked the deadest forum to post in. :p

Standby for movement ...

JMK
Mar 2nd, 2002, 09:08:10 AM
I guess changing my name from Jedi Master Kyle to JMK throws some people off. I still remember the date I registered, June 4th 1999.

Jedieb
Mar 2nd, 2002, 10:01:45 AM
I'm posting for no other reason than the topic of old, decrepid, ancient, fossilized posters has been brought up.

IN MY DAY we didn't have any fancy internet. If we wanted to send text messages to each other we'd scribble a note on a rock and hurl it at one another with all the strength we could muster! We walked around in our caves concussed and bloodied all day long. Our faces were mashed and disfigured to the point where we couldn't even recognize each other without exposing our genitalia!

AND WE LIKED IT!!!!!!!

:crack

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 2nd, 2002, 10:39:22 AM
:lol :lol

sirdizzy
Mar 2nd, 2002, 11:26:51 AM
mine was like the end of may 1999

i was searching for box office figures on TPM and ran across a little site callled star wars vs titanic crocked me up i still want see that damn boat sunk

ReturnOfTheCB
Mar 2nd, 2002, 12:50:24 PM
Wow...that has been a long time ago...amazing to think of how much has changed (for me anyway) since then...I think I actually started posting before Ep I came out...I was looking for episode I sites, and I came across sw vs. Titanic somehow...I think one of my first posts was a rant :D (someone was going off on someone and I didn't exactly agree, but I can't remember the subject).....

"I'm much to young to feel this damn old" :D

Jedieb
Mar 2nd, 2002, 01:19:19 PM
I got here pretty much the same way. Although I didn't start posting until after I saw TPM. I've both here and at CCNet. It's just too difficult for me to post at both places so I spend most of my posting time here. It really has been neat to see so many old names pop up here again. You guys should come by more often!

ReturnOfTheCB
Mar 2nd, 2002, 03:39:06 PM
I'm hanging around both places more often...mainly due to the onset of college, so I post when I'm trying to study :) So either I'm studying more than last semester, or I'm finding more distractions out of studying :)

Figrin D'an
Mar 2nd, 2002, 03:41:26 PM
*** Waves hand ***

I'm still around, and with the same screen name since April '99 (and damn proud of it!).

I think my avatar has been the same the entire way as well...

ReaperFett
Mar 2nd, 2002, 03:44:42 PM
Think it has. Your sig has had a Council member, Indiana Jones and a picture, but the AVatar remained

ReturnOfTheCB
Mar 2nd, 2002, 05:08:40 PM
I only changed my s/n because I wasn't sure what kinda reception I'd get if I showed up with the old one :D

Jedieb
Mar 2nd, 2002, 05:12:36 PM
That Bogart avatar is one of my all tiime favorites Figrin. Love that Bogie! I'll never change my blinking Yoda. Wise is he, cool the avatar is.....

Champion of the Force
Mar 2nd, 2002, 08:02:21 PM
I only changed my s/n because I wasn't sure what kinda reception I'd get if I showed up with the old one
If Lounge Lizard can post with his old username, I think you'd be cool CB. :)

Anyways, I began posting around late April 99 on the old old board at SW vs Titanic. I was also there the night we first moved to ezboard as a result of all the troll attacks.

Stayed around until July 1999 when I left for a 2 week vacation, and when I came back everyone had packed up and gone to CC.Net :eek. I tiried to go there but everytime I wanted to try a discussion people kept telling me they had already discussed it here on the old board, so I kind of ended up sticking here in the end to save the hassle. :)

ReturnOfTheCB
Mar 2nd, 2002, 08:16:00 PM
Yeah, I realized there probably wouldn't be much of a problem after I'd registered this name (never registered my old one on this new board, I don't think...)...maybe I'll register the old one one of these days...

Originally posted by Champion of the Force
I was also there the night we first moved to ezboard as a result of all the troll attacks.

Yeah, I remember that... :rolleyes I'm going to stay away from that topic though :D

Champion of the Force
Mar 2nd, 2002, 08:18:54 PM
maybe I'll register the old one one of these days...
If you ever want to revert back to your old name just let me know and I'll just change the name of your account for you. Save you having to re-register again. :)

Marcus Telcontar
Mar 2nd, 2002, 08:33:29 PM
If you remember JawaFortress, Then you are granted "Fossil" status and are indeed one of the True Ancients of this board.

And here is a knowledge test - What was my original username and why did I change to the now infamous Darth Turbogeek

TheHolo.Net
Mar 2nd, 2002, 08:41:20 PM
- What was my original username and why did I change to the now infamous Darth Turbogeek

a) Darth Q?
b) Itala called you a Turbogeek and it stuck?

Champion of the Force
Mar 2nd, 2002, 08:44:27 PM
If you remember JawaFortress, Then you are granted "Fossil" status and are indeed one of the True Ancients of this board.
Woohoo - I'm ancient! :)

Even without that definition I'd still feel ancient - 95% of the current regulars that post here have never known me as anything apart from a moderator or administrator. :x

And here is a knowledge test - What was my original username and why did I change to the now infamous Darth Turbogeek
Original name was Darth Q. :)

Reason for changing - not sure, I assumed it was due to the whole Turbogeek Council thing which you founded. :idea

Marcus Telcontar
Mar 2nd, 2002, 08:47:39 PM
a) Darth Q is correct :)

b) SWFans is Close and COTF is no. Lounge Lizard founded the Turbogeek Council.

hint : Remember CINEMATIC?

Even without that definition I'd still feel ancient - 95% of the current regulars that post here have never known me as anything apart from a moderator or administrator

Three posters claim March 1999 arrival dates. I'm one. Name the other two.

Champion of the Force
Mar 2nd, 2002, 08:57:23 PM
Lounge Lizard founded the Turbogeek Council.
Well it was nearly 3 years ago so how could I remeber who posted the damn thread. :x

Three posters claim March 1999 arrival dates. I'm one. Name the other two.
Are we talking posters still here on this board or anyone from SWFans/CC.Net?

Marcus Telcontar
Mar 2nd, 2002, 09:03:31 PM
They are still all here. None are cc.net.

TheHolo.Net
Mar 2nd, 2002, 09:07:55 PM
I'll say LL and as a guess LV.

Champion of the Force
Mar 2nd, 2002, 09:14:17 PM
Hmmm.

I'll put in CMJ, since he's been here since forever. :)

I'll put in Lounge Lizard for the 2nd one.

Marcus Telcontar
Mar 2nd, 2002, 09:15:49 PM
LL is one, yes.

ReturnOfTheCB
Mar 2nd, 2002, 09:23:34 PM
Turbogeeks...ah, those were the days...we were called that by a troll, darth/Cinematic/Ican'tremembertherestofhisnames, and we adopted it as a badge of honor...same as I always had "betrayeal" and "trator" in my sig :)

Wasn't that it, or am I just pulling stuff out of my ass again?

and I cannot for the life of me remember the exact month I first started posting...I know I lurked for quite a while, and one day someone said something to piss me off (I think they were attacking-insulting-a particular group...)I think I replied in defense, and just gradually started posting more...until then I hadn't really posted anywhere but the old Blizzard Diablo forums...I was a regular there for a while, but got bored with it....

Marcus Telcontar
Mar 2nd, 2002, 09:32:04 PM
Dang, you got it in one CB :). I adopted that name as a backhander at the troll first and it rolled on from there.

Test Question three - What came first, the Sith Council or the Jedi Council? Who were the leaders and their second in commands?

Champion of the Force
Mar 2nd, 2002, 09:36:46 PM
Now I'm not sure which came first since they were created about a day apart. Itala always insisted he was first though, but can I believe him? :)

As for leaders:

The Sith Council:
Leader: Itala Marzullo
Deputy: Mad Max somebody (I forget his exact name).

The Jedi Council:
Leader: sirdizzy
Deputy: Rmiao (I think)

ReturnOfTheCB
Mar 2nd, 2002, 09:37:15 PM
I never paid much attention to the Jedi/Sith stuff, so I couldn't tell you....here's an easy one for y'all though.....which group did I belong to? (hint:what side of the Force was I a master of?)

ReturnOfTheCB
Mar 2nd, 2002, 09:38:22 PM
haha, could we ever believe anything that was typed by Itala's hands? :)

TheHolo.Net
Mar 2nd, 2002, 09:42:23 PM
Trolls calling DQ and Co. Turbogeeks is pretty much the same thing as Itala calling them that, so I can see how I was close/remembered wrong. :D

Troll and Itala are pretty interchangable terms.

ReturnOfTheCB
Mar 2nd, 2002, 09:46:59 PM
I don't know...that's almost an insult to trolls (and cave trolls are kinda cool... :) )

TheHolo.Net
Mar 2nd, 2002, 09:49:01 PM
Hence my reasoning for including the word "pretty" meaning not entirely or "pretty close to". :D :lol

Champion of the Force
Mar 2nd, 2002, 09:52:26 PM
Well when the trolls return we'll be ready:

http://feedback.blackisle.com/images/macro/troll.jpg

:)

TheHolo.Net
Mar 2nd, 2002, 09:53:47 PM
I wonder if I should shrink that down to hand out as an Avatar for them? >D

ReturnOfTheCB
Mar 2nd, 2002, 09:57:29 PM
well.....what I think is sad is that he tried to maintain that he was a real poster the entire time....that was a troll with WAY too much time on his hands...

ReturnOfTheCB
Mar 2nd, 2002, 09:59:44 PM
ummm......well.......one could....I said could.....edit a post and.....um.....insert that into the post....not that I would promote doing such a thing :cool

Marcus Telcontar
Mar 2nd, 2002, 10:01:36 PM
:lol :lol

CB is of the LAZY side of the Force :)

NOw.... Johnathin is the third persopn who can claim a March 1999 arrival date. The Sith Council WAS first, Itala did form it and his deputy is the now Jedi Boricua. COTF has the Jedi Council thing right.

Question 4 - how many Jedi joined the day Sir Dizzy began the Jedi COuncil?

Question 5 - Name the 4 top trolls. Two have already been named.

Champion of the Force
Mar 2nd, 2002, 10:08:33 PM
Question 4 - how many Jedi joined the day Sir Dizzy began the Jedi Council?
40? 50? 100? I forget - Rmiao had a pretty big list up somewhere once.

Question 5 - Name the 4 top trolls. Two have already been named.
No idea - I missed most of the trolls war period since I was away. I do recall there being posters such as Kate Winslet etc. on the banned list when I checked it up months later.

ReturnOfTheCB
Mar 2nd, 2002, 10:21:20 PM
When was it that they changed from the original form style, black baground with green (I think) text, complete thread listing, and where you didn't have to register? YOu know, it seem so long ago I almost feel like I'm getting memories crossed/hallucinating :)

Champion of the Force
Mar 2nd, 2002, 10:30:04 PM
When was it that they changed from the original form style, black baground with green (I think) text, complete thread listing, and where you didn't have to register?
Were they all one and the same? I think we always had to register on ezboard, however it was ezboard that had the green text.

The old old board had the tree format with the purple-ish text. We didn't have to register there.

When we first moved to ezboard we had the same tree format but we it was green text and we had to register (so Jason could ban trolls if necessary).

A little while later we lost the tree format and reverted to the 'standard' format like we use here now.

I'm a little hazy on it all as well. :x

ReturnOfTheCB
Mar 2nd, 2002, 10:31:32 PM
maybe it was the one with purple, I just remember for a while you didn't have to register, and I remember the switch because of trolls.....and then I think we had some major problems even after that with trolls registering.....

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 2nd, 2002, 11:18:58 PM
Wasn't Jedi won't say the numbers or Jedieb will kill me one of the top trolls? How about Jidia(sp) Gekia(sp) or something like that he was a pain I remember that he always come here saying how SW stinks.
I didn't realize Jon has been here that long, man that is something, I am a newbie compared to him :D I came I think May or June some time right before the CCnet revolt

Champion of the Force
Mar 2nd, 2002, 11:26:04 PM
I came I think May or June some time right before the CCnet revolt
NEWBIE! Who made you a moderator? :lol

sirdizzy
Mar 2nd, 2002, 11:26:29 PM
wait a dang second the sith council didn't start for almost 2 weeks after the jedi council

and i don't even think it was itala's idea although he was the one who started it

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 2nd, 2002, 11:31:13 PM
LOL I haven't a clue actually
:lol

Champion of the Force
Mar 2nd, 2002, 11:36:12 PM
wait a dang second the sith council didn't start for almost 2 weeks after the jedi council
That's what I used to think too. However when Itala posted his 'Sith history' (this is going back a fair while - probably early to mid-2000) he claimed that he started off the Roleplaying by creating The Sith Council prior to The Jedi Council.

(his history was pretty bad - no paragraphs and a lot of bad grammar. I gave up reading it after 5 lines or so :x)

sirdizzy
Mar 2nd, 2002, 11:40:03 PM
i remember very correctly the sith council was established in response to the jedi council and it was at least 2 weeks after the jedi council

itala is blowing smoke

Marcus Telcontar
Mar 2nd, 2002, 11:55:06 PM
No, I believe he did form the Sith Council first - just. At least the FIRST one. I do remember it flew apart about 4 times in the first month however. What ended up as TSC was about the eight appempt to have something that did not disintergrate.

The GJO has a unbroken lineage from that first Council. TSC is the smoking ruins of upteen attempts to match what the Jedi did :)

Now, name the incident that got Itala banned first time :)

ReturnOfTheCB
Mar 3rd, 2002, 12:09:52 AM
The first time....I can't remember which time it was, but I do know there was a whole fiasco where Itala and a few others...I can't remember all of them, but they were some trusted posters, took over the board and ****ed with everyone....

Jinn Fizz
Mar 3rd, 2002, 01:59:17 AM
Boy howdy, is this thread ever bringing back a lot of memories.... :wave

sirdizzy
Mar 3rd, 2002, 02:49:50 AM
i still disagree with you the jedi council was first and since i started it all i should know

who do ya believe itala or me and your own memories

sirdizzy
Mar 3rd, 2002, 02:50:37 AM
and jinn memories are a good thing right

were like a bunch of old people sitting in rocking chairs at the retirment home remincing

Figrin D'an
Mar 3rd, 2002, 04:14:22 AM
ehh... I have to agree with DT on this one. Itala did found his first 'incarnation' of The Sith Council just before The Jedi Council was formed... the official name of "The Sith Council" didn't come about until a couple weeks later, but Itala, Boricua, MADJedi and few others formed the first real "group" on the board associated with any type of Star Wars character (Jedi, Sith, bounty hunter, etc.).

I do remember that the original Jedi Council thread was started by sirdizzy, and he bascially said something like "Hey, this is a Star Wars board, so I thought it might be cool to have a Jedi Council." Rmiao was the first one to respond. And it grew from there. :)

JawaFortess... that brings back some memories. :)
I had been a poster at the Countingdown.com board for TPM since Sept. '98, mainly making contacts about ticket lines, etc. I decided to follow the link the board at JawaFortress around early April '99. I lurked for a while before I finally posted anything.... if I recall, my first post was in a flame war thread, debunking the arguement of one of the trolls.

Geez, I feel old.... :rolleyes

Jedieb
Mar 3rd, 2002, 09:16:10 AM
Sith councils, Jedi Councils, Turbogeeks, troll wars, all reasons why I lurked for a few months before I finally started posting somewhere around Sept. of 99. It can be intimidating to join a board especially if you see well established clicks. But eventually I succumbed to the lure of the board....

As for JediMulder, hopefully he's receiving the treatment he sorely needed.

Sith Ahnk
Mar 3rd, 2002, 09:29:52 AM
Your eyes make me uncomfortable Jedieb
I remember when I first joined TGC, Itala insulted someone and we got in an arguement :lol
And then he banned me at TMC for threatening his girlfriend :lol:lol:lol
Itala and me had some good times

Jedieb
Mar 3rd, 2002, 09:41:52 AM
The blinking or the innate ability of yoda's eyes to penetrate into your deepest and darkest fears? It's probably just the blinking.

Arguments
Threats against significant others
Bannings

Yes, those were good times, good times indeed.

Sith Ahnk
Mar 3rd, 2002, 09:46:25 AM
The blinking or the innate ability of yoda's eyes to penetrate into your deepest and darkest fears? It's probably just the blinking.

He can see my deepest darkest fears? Damn, man, get that muppet some counselling, NOW

Arguments
Threats against significant others
Bannings

Yes, those were good times, good times indeed.

Arguing with Itala is great. He's never wrong! He can go for days with no sleep or food, just argue and argue and argue... he's like one of those clowns you box who bounce around
And the threats I made were in character, he just took them a litle too seriously. Admittedly, I was a terrible roleplayer back then
And his banning me is one of the bestthings thats ever happened to me. I met several friends, who I now know IRl, and my current girlfriend, in my quest to get unbanned/lead a revolt to ruin his board. In the end he unbanned me. A sign of his intelligence.

Jinn Fizz
Mar 3rd, 2002, 10:46:56 AM
Originally posted by sirdizzy
and jinn memories are a good thing right

were like a bunch of old people sitting in rocking chairs at the retirment home remincing

Oh yes, memories are a good thing :). Little did I know what actions my first post at that board in July of 1999 would set into motion. Kind of like with Sith Ahnk...I've made a bunch of friends IRL, who I've gotten together with to do some fun things like going to the San Diego Comic Con, touring the Winchester House in San Jose, sliding down wet hills in San Francisco :eek, buying toys, going to Disneyland, etc. I haven't had a group of friends like this since high school, which is a lot longer ago than I like to admit. :cool

Then there's one person in particular I met not too long after that first post in July of 1999, a person who means the world to me, someone I never would have met if I didn't start posting there. I don't know what life would have been like if I hadn't posted there, and I don't even want to speculate on it. I'm just ever so glad I took the plunge and started posting, because nearly 3 years later, I'm a very happy girl. :)

sirdizzy
Mar 3rd, 2002, 01:29:52 PM
thats great jinn one of these years i am going to make that comic con i just know it

i have yet to be banned i must be doing somehing wrong :D

Jinn Fizz
Mar 3rd, 2002, 01:50:56 PM
We're going to Comic Con again this year--me, QGJ, Gasgano, Trouz, hopefully Noval and Mu too. The more the merrier! :D

sirdizzy
Mar 3rd, 2002, 02:18:01 PM
what day is it this year i got graduation at the beginning of may and of course theirs this little movie on may 16th i am going to camp out for

ReturnOfTheCB
Mar 3rd, 2002, 04:31:11 PM
I'm still determined that we should all try to get together for Ep III....its amazing to think of everything we've been through :) I can't believe I almost stopped posting alltogether (last year, when things went all to hell in RL...)

Yes, Figrin, Jawafortress...that was it...I couldn't for the life of me remember where it started out...and I think it was countingdown.com that I found the site from too...so I was around before the movie came out after all...damn me and my aging memory :) (sad that I'm going senile at 19)

What year is Ep III? is '05? that'd be cool, cause I'd just be out of college, and before (hopefully) entering law school...although I blew the surprise of what I really look like a while ago on CC :)

Jinn Fizz
Mar 3rd, 2002, 06:47:08 PM
what day is it this year i got graduation at the beginning of may and of course theirs this little movie on may 16th i am going to camp out for

Comic Con is August 1-4 this year :)

sirdizzy
Mar 3rd, 2002, 08:24:11 PM
hmmm i might be able to make that then

Mu Satach
Mar 6th, 2002, 04:43:18 PM
whoa... memories... brain overload...

followed link from countingdown.com... lurked for a while before registering... with a local profile(MuSatach) late may or early june 99 at ezboard, had a pic of Ash... was fun, lotsa people thought I was a guy... Mid july messed up registering my global account... so my global became Mu Satach 2... later I got tired of everyone thinking I was a guy... changed pic to a Padme one for a bit... tried to photo edit it so she was wearing killer sunglasses... but it ended up looking like she had "racoon eyes"... then I found a scully pic that worked. Still have all those pics somewhere around here.... since then... kinda been all over... back and forth... here and there...

I had a blast in CA last summer with friends from the boards...
:crack

I'm not sure of Comic Con this year. I want to go, but getting back into school and finishing up my degree before I move outta this state is my highest priority. All my extra money is going for tuition, books, etc.

However, I think a mass gathering for Ep III would be cool. :D

Doc Milo
Mar 7th, 2002, 12:40:06 AM
Sith councils, Jedi Councils, Turbogeeks, troll wars, all reasons why I lurked for a few months before I finally started posting somewhere around Sept. of 99. It can be intimidating to join a board especially if you see well established clicks. But eventually I succumbed to the lure of the board....

As for JediMulder, hopefully he's receiving the treatment he sorely needed.

I've been around since June of 1999. I lurked for a while (not as long as Jedieb, it seems) but I do remember coming in in the middle of the whole split between swfans and cc.net. I tried to lurk at both boards, and found it easier to be here.

I tried once or twice to get into the RPG forum, but, as Jedieb says, it can be a bit intimdating to join with such well established clicks. Wasn't sure exactly how to proceed with that -- so I just never got into it.

I do remember Jedi3167 (don't worry, Jedieb -- I won't say the name 3 times to spur on his return!)

And Champions of the Force: The first s/n I remember you by is Atreyu.

I remember many speculative discussions between myself, Atreyu, Bromine, CMJ, and Jedieb.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 7th, 2002, 02:13:28 AM
You forgot me, I know I have had some great discussions with you in the past:D Also I miss Bromine, I have no clue why he left:\ .

darth_mcbain
Mar 7th, 2002, 09:37:22 AM
Yeah, Bromine was cool - always had some good insights into SW things... I joined a few months before Ep. I came out (can't remember exactly when), but I didn't really post all that much back then - just an interested observer of a lot of the discussions that went on.

ReturnOfTheCB
Mar 7th, 2002, 02:36:04 PM
Well, I can think of at least one good thing that's happened in the past 4 years...my posts have shortened :D

(And I've learned that it is possible to make a post that fills up less than a page)

Doc Milo
Mar 7th, 2002, 03:05:22 PM
Ooops, Sorry Master Carr! But I know I forgot some others as well, too...

sirdizzy
Mar 7th, 2002, 03:16:24 PM
thats what pell grant money is for mu frivolous spending :D:D

Mu Satach
Mar 7th, 2002, 04:34:48 PM
yeah, until your life goes into the toilet and along with it your gpa... I have to support myself for one more term, then I'll be off academic probation and able to get pell grants again. :)

sirdizzy
Mar 8th, 2002, 12:14:46 PM
thats one reason to behave and not drink heavily mu ;)

Mu Satach
Mar 8th, 2002, 05:49:40 PM
I don't have a drinking problem...

no problem with drinking at all. :D

sirdizzy
Mar 8th, 2002, 08:26:57 PM
besides the drinking binges and waking up in the bathroom at a casino wait that was me what were your drinking binges like ;)

Jedieb
Mar 8th, 2002, 11:09:42 PM
Now that I think about it, I think I may have been led to this place by countingdown.com also. My ID says Sept.99, but that seems like an awful long time to lurk. I may have posted under another name or as a guest and completely forgotten about it. This old mind does get foggy at times...

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 8th, 2002, 11:43:51 PM
My account info Says I came in on June 22 1999, though like Jedieb I think Lurked a month or so before I actually posted anything.

sirdizzy
Mar 9th, 2002, 05:13:57 AM
how do you look up your account

BUFFJEDI
Mar 9th, 2002, 10:20:14 AM
I went to the old board and looked up my join date. It says jan,2000 But i'm 100% sure I was here (or there) alot sooner than that :\

BUFFJEDI
Mar 9th, 2002, 10:22:55 AM
BTW. Sirdizzy , go to the old board look in your control panel and find your join date.I'm sure there is an easier way But...

sirdizzy
Mar 9th, 2002, 12:05:11 PM
i lost the old boards addy a ciuple of weeks agao when i accidently deleted a favorites folder

Champion of the Force
Mar 10th, 2002, 12:25:09 AM
Just go to ezbaord's homepage and log in with your username:

http://www.ezboard.com

You'll get taken to your control panel and you can check your join date there.

sirdizzy
Mar 10th, 2002, 12:40:17 AM
well then i joined about when i thought i did may 30 1999

Mu Satach
Mar 11th, 2002, 01:51:53 PM
ahh drinking binges...
the *last* one I went on... (last as in after that night no more, this was several years ago) involved
a house I couldn't find my way to again... in fact I'm not even sure who's house it was... nor do I now remember how we got there, or how we got home...
20 min. in the bathroom praying to God I wouldn't purge the contents of my stomache
passing out on the livingroom couch
waking up at about 3 AM with a panic attack when I thought my friends had ditched me...
standing outside in the 40 degree night air until someone was sober enough to drive us all home... (but like I said I can't remember now who drove us home)

the next day when I was completely sober and thought about how f'king stupid the whole night was,
I'd had enough of drinking binges... so no more.

darth_mcbain
Mar 11th, 2002, 02:04:06 PM
Cool - I didn't realize I could look up the old stuff on that other board. Apparently I joined July 14, 1999. I thought I had joined before Ep. I came out, but maybe not - does that date reflect when you actually signed up? or when you first posted something? I know it took a little while before I posted anything...

sirdizzy
Mar 11th, 2002, 04:42:38 PM
well then now if ya behave ya can get your pells back no drugs too ;)

and it reflects when ya signed up not when ya first posted

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 11th, 2002, 04:45:45 PM
But you don't have to sign up to lurk though so its possible you were there reading stuff as a guest I think I did that for a month.

sirdizzy
Mar 11th, 2002, 04:57:03 PM
i don't think i lurked for more than a day or two before i posted

Mu Satach
Mar 11th, 2002, 06:07:45 PM
well then now if ya behave ya can get your pells back no drugs too ;)

that's the idea sparky.

Me? drugs??? nahhhh... brain's messed up enough as is. :D

I know I avoided the forums for quite a while when I first started checking the BO data in May, because I had just gotten fed up with the Xena lovers at another message board. Then finally one day I started lurking... then it became a daily treat to see all the flame wars. I'd get a kick out of people's responses to the tolls... after about 2 weeks of that I had to open up my big mouth and chime in. :D

sirdizzy
Mar 11th, 2002, 06:56:30 PM
i don't have that kind of patience my big mouth won't wait

well for me i thought next year would be my last year but teh bastards are changing the cuiculum next year so i may need another semester so i got to behave for 1 more year

Lord Gue
Mar 13th, 2002, 06:01:05 PM
well, i reckon i came just after ccnet then, cuase when i was just starting i was getting directed to both ccnet and ezboard threads

JMK
Mar 13th, 2002, 06:38:29 PM
From the strange but true files: I have NEVER been to cc.net. EVER. Whether that's a big deal or not is up to each individual, but to me, it seems that everyone has at least some connection to it, or has at least visited, but I have never even been there.

sirdizzy
Mar 14th, 2002, 09:52:45 AM
well we started here then their was the revolt and many of the members i like went to ccnet so i kinda of followed