PDA

View Full Version : More EU in AOTC

ReaperFett
Feb 28th, 2002, 02:44:24 PM
Just a few confirmations and the like

Firstoff, Holocron's ARE in AOTC apparently, but only by name. We don't actually see one, although there will be pictures in the artwork book

Now, about backstory for an alien race. TOS says:

The Quarren gained its proper alien name in 1987's Star Wars Sourcebook, which established Mon Calamari as the Quarren homeworld. This information was used in production materials for both Episode I and II.

So, add them to the growing list that includes Swoops, a Jedi, Rodians(as in the name, IIRC), The Outrider and more. I'm happy that there is more integration :)

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 28th, 2002, 02:57:53 PM
That sounds cool especially holocrons wonder who actually came up with the idea of that begin with.

ReaperFett
Feb 28th, 2002, 03:37:03 PM
Veitch in Dark Empire. It's known Lucas loves the comics, and remember they had a double bladed sabre first too

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 28th, 2002, 03:46:20 PM
I wonder if that shows that Lucas doesn't completely despise the EU.

Alec Lafeyette
Feb 28th, 2002, 03:56:41 PM
So. . . tempted...to look....>_<

ReaperFett
Feb 28th, 2002, 05:32:28 PM
I wouldnt say it is anything major Alec

Hart
Feb 28th, 2002, 06:13:33 PM
How do we know that Lucas didn't make up these supposed "EU" facts before they were in EU. Lucas as been known to go into great detail in his movies, yet leaving a lot of facts out. Holocrons may have been taken from deleted sections of an original script.

ReaperFett
Feb 28th, 2002, 06:17:16 PM
Well, because sometimes the official site tells us :)

You really do clutch at straws at times Hart :)

SithKnightM
Mar 3rd, 2002, 05:09:20 PM
If I'm not mistaken, it was posted on theforce.net that the holocrons were directly copied from one of several of the SW comics from darkhorse.

Regards.

ReaperFett
Mar 3rd, 2002, 05:17:38 PM
Dark Empire was first, IIRC. And Lucas loved DE

SithKnightM
Mar 3rd, 2002, 05:21:48 PM
Oh yes, and the EU character Aayla Secura will have an appearance in episode 2.

Regards.

Hart
Mar 5th, 2002, 05:08:45 PM
I am NOT grasping at straws :) It is well known that Lucas will create an entire world's features and customs, but simply not introduce all of them into the story. Those things might be examples of that.

Lady Vader
Mar 11th, 2002, 05:44:28 PM
Ya know, I have heard, and it's quite easy to imagine Mr. Lucas with this MASSIVE binder of nothing but detailed storytelling of SW.

But as to EU stuff, I have also heard (from SW site and SW Insider) that Lucas does give the writers permission to use their imaginations so long as it stays uniform with the SW universe. Of course, in the end, it has to be approved by The Man In Charge Of Everything.

So, if it's out there, and it has the official LucasBooks seal or Del Ray (I think that's the publisher they used or used to use), then it's kosher.

ReaperFett
Mar 11th, 2002, 05:54:38 PM
Lucas himself stopped Zahn making C'boath an Obi-Wan clone, and the Vong being Dark Jedi. He sanctioned Chewie's death, and asked KJA to make Exar Kun a Sith, before helping him and Zeitch with the entire Sith backstory.