PDA

View Full Version : Banning Sith Ahnk

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Feb 28th, 2002, 12:39:15 PM
I think we should because now in two threads, I had to close one and warn in the other. Course Hyfe wasn't helping but it's obvious that our boy is misbehaving. The problems are towards the end of the threads

here are the links and I also noticed in other threads he is being rather rude to other players. To Alpha, he mentions that Alpha is good at ignoring other people and of course, just because he had to be in the minority, for no reason he said that a player's thread was bad.

Course it was Ogies thread =P

http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12206

this I closed.

http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12248&perpage=20&pagenumber=1

this was the warning

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 28th, 2002, 02:20:41 PM
I agree with you he has just gone too far, he also hjacked a thread in films
http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2869&pagenumber=2

all he does is make offensive and meaningless comments.

Shawn
Feb 28th, 2002, 03:09:54 PM
It would seem a little abrupt to the normal posters, since they wouldn't know we've been discussing it. Perhaps a sort of Final Warning is in order? (ie, tell him to cut it out or he will be banned).

BTW - It seemed to me that Hyfe was only kidding around. I've seen him joke in a similar manner before.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 28th, 2002, 03:20:09 PM
I thought he has been warned somewhat, by deleting his posts saying that those remarks aren't approrarite. and that is my probablem with, I also am not sure if a final warning will do any good.

Sanis Prent
Feb 28th, 2002, 05:04:43 PM
I can post an ultimatum warning, and if another incident arises, perhaps we can put him on a 5 day ban?

TheHolo.Net
Feb 28th, 2002, 05:08:39 PM
Sounds reasonable to me.

Champion of the Force
Feb 28th, 2002, 06:29:13 PM
Sounds good to me too.

TheHolo.Net
Feb 28th, 2002, 07:32:34 PM
Thank you LL, for the clear and concise announcement to Ahnk. :)

Champion of the Force
Feb 28th, 2002, 07:38:25 PM
Just a note - if someone starts dissing us for posting that announcement in public, just tell them that in the past people have accused us of not giving enough forewarning on bannings and keeping them behind closed doors, and as such the latest announcement is an attempt to right this problem.

Should shut them up. :)

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 28th, 2002, 10:05:18 PM
Ok that is fine with me, if says any offensive things over in the general sections should I just post here and then we can ban him for 5 days or whatever.

Sanis Prent
Feb 28th, 2002, 11:13:23 PM
I've spoken with Ahnk on AIM, and he's given his word that he will work to correct these problems. Whether he does or does not, remains to be seen.

Shawn
Feb 28th, 2002, 11:40:31 PM
I figured that the Ultimatum should at least prevent controversy if/when we do have to ban him.

JMK
Mar 1st, 2002, 12:11:38 AM
I must have missed something because I read those threads, and missed what was so bad. Maybe the posts were edited/removed, but I'll take your word for it. I'd say to give it a few days and see if he corrects himself, then give him the 5 day ban. He seems to spend alot of time here, so maybe the ban would wisen him up!

Champion of the Force
Mar 1st, 2002, 12:14:21 AM
I figured that the Ultimatum should at least prevent controversy if/when we do have to ban him.
You know how fickle posters are - they'll whinge about anything. :D

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 1st, 2002, 01:15:47 AM
I think on a couple of the threads it was edited it out, on one of them its beause he said something completely mindless and nobody could figure out what he was talking about. Really though I only read through them kind of quick somebody from the Roleplaying forums would have to explain the gist of it to me for me to completely understand.

Sanis Prent
Mar 1st, 2002, 01:22:39 AM
One of those that was edited was a reference of fellatio in the direction of DT

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 1st, 2002, 01:27:51 AM
Oh Okay now I understand that one, that was uncalled for and I see why that would have to be edited.