PDA

View Full Version : AINC reviews EP 2 Script

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 27th, 2002, 05:00:02 PM
Okay I just saw this on theforce.net it is Moriarty from AICN who reviewed the AOTC script, here is the link the first page contains some mild spoilers, nothing that I didn't know, he doesn't deal with plot or anything like that just the his thoughts on the movie there are a few minor things though that give some hints of things in the movie that makes you wonder what he is talking about but beyond that he doesn't really reveal anything that most of us probably don't already know. Now the second page which there is a link to at the bottom does, now I didn't go there I resisted temptation and went no farther but I am sure there are some huge spoilers there so be warned about that, and if you don't think you can resist the temptation don't go there at all.
Okay here is the link
http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=11618

Now if you don't want to read it all I will give a basic summery of what he said, he really liked the script he liked it better than TPM (which he explained he liked when he first read it but he explains why this one is completely better in his opinion) he also said, "I'm well on my way to losing my damn fool mind as I rip through what may well be the most satisfying STAR WARS story since THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK." That is how much he liked it.

darth_mcbain
Feb 27th, 2002, 05:42:07 PM
I'm not even going to look. I'm sure I couldn't resist the temptation. I find that as we are getting closer, I'm finding it easier to resist a lot of the spoilers out there. There's only about 77 and a half days to go now - I can make it... (I hope)

Starquest aka AndyR
Feb 27th, 2002, 05:50:16 PM
I did read the review, and there was nothing that I didn't already know. I have resisted the temptation to read the spoiler section, and I hope to remain strong.... Argh, the darkside is calling me! Ben! Beeeennn!

Seriously though, I was already excited about the movie so hearing this review is good news.

Actually what really put me over the edge into pure excitement was seeing the toy pictures put up at SW.com. Oh joy!

JMK
Feb 27th, 2002, 07:45:45 PM
How do we know that the script is legit? But I am sure that this will be the best SW script since ESB.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 27th, 2002, 09:56:16 PM
We don't but the guys at theforce.net seem to I peeked in one section where they were discussing and it looked like they thought it was real. I guess it is probably real this Morarity seems to know right people.

JMK
Feb 28th, 2002, 07:52:37 AM
Crazy! Did the script for TPM get out like this? I don't remember...

darth_mcbain
Feb 28th, 2002, 10:23:00 AM
Yeah, where the heck did these scripts get out? I don't mind a few insider things getting out, but sheesh, the script!? Wouldn't call that a pretty major leak somewhere inside Lucasfilm? I personally don't want to know anything that major - part of the enjoyment for me is the first viewing of the film, where I want to be blown away by everything, not sitting in the theater saying "ok, now this is going to happen, and now this guy is gonna die, etc..."

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 28th, 2002, 01:57:28 PM
I think I remember the TPM script being out about this time, that is why you could find the whole story on the net two months before the movie. It does make you wonder why it is so easy to leak the scripts? You would think Lucas would have a tighter grip on security, but I guess not.

JMK
Feb 28th, 2002, 02:30:26 PM
Well that's just it, what kind of security is placed on the scripts, and how many are made? From what I know, there are very few around, and there's something special about each one of them, security-wise that is. And depending on the size of the role, each actor was given only their part. I don't know how these things get out, but I'd sure be curious to know...

ReaperFett
Feb 28th, 2002, 02:33:51 PM
Well, think this way. Every cast member needs some script. Someone has to print that script. Wouldnt be hard to make another copy

JMK
Feb 28th, 2002, 02:35:50 PM
True, but if there is such tight security as they say there is, then it is likely that a count is done on whatever device they're using to print the scripts to make sure that no extras were made. But I'm sure there are ways around it, as there are to everything...

Jedieb
Feb 28th, 2002, 02:44:26 PM
As close to we are to AOTC I'm not surprised scripts have started to leak. Because of the World Wide release they need to be even further ahead than where they were with TPM, so we could easily see things leak out earlier than before. I'm not even going near that link. I'm just glad to hear he liked the script.

darth_mcbain
Feb 28th, 2002, 03:17:47 PM
I agree, with the number of people involved in a project this size, the script has to go to so many people that it will get out in some way. It just irks me that people would actually leak it out. Personally, if I were working on SW, I would hold it as one of my responsibilities to not leak any secrets out. Too many secrets revealed just hurts the movie IMHO.