PDA

View Full Version : FOTR bit's n pieces

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 25th, 2002, 09:28:52 PM
a) Straight from the Man himself - he scotched the rumour of a third DVD release, R Rated, but confirmed that the August and Novemebr DVD releases are as have been described.

b) The actor who played Lestat in the Queen of The Damned - guess who he was supposed to play in FOTR

c) Something to ponder about the Oscars... and this is a generalisation BTW, but it's an observation I read that is worth discussing -

1 - When the critcs choose awards for 2001, it has been often Maholland Drive which wins (Eg Chicago Critics society)
2 - When the press chooses awards, it goes to A Beautiful Mind (eg Golden Globes)
3- When it is the film industry, it is Lord of The Rings (eg AFI, BAFTA)

Which is a good point. What type of people are voting for the Oscars? Will that affect anything?

Champion of the Force
Feb 25th, 2002, 09:36:00 PM
The actor who played Lestat in the Queen of The Damned - guess who he was supposed to play in FOTR?
Legolas? :huh

Zelgadis Graywords
Feb 25th, 2002, 09:42:40 PM
Apparently, Stuart Townsend (Lestat) was slated to play Aragorn. O_o

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 25th, 2002, 10:07:45 PM
Yes he was. Pulled out for some reason and Viggo Mortensten was a very last minute replacement. That's going to go down as a bad career choice for Stuart in hindsight

JMK
Feb 25th, 2002, 11:37:03 PM
Yes it is. Wow he's probably kicking himself now!

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 25th, 2002, 11:39:04 PM
Actually I read somewhere else that after seeing perform the part that Jackson decided that he didn't fit the part hmm, this reminds me of another actor change in a major film Triology, Back to the Future, where another actor was suppose to play Marty Mcfly but the producers didn't like how he was performing the part, anybody know who that actor is? This is trivia I know it but want to see see if anybody else knows.

ReaperFett
Feb 26th, 2002, 10:09:43 AM
Bad career move? You mean like how mark Hamil had a career after the biggest trilogy in the history of the world? :)

ReaperFett
Feb 26th, 2002, 10:12:43 AM
Oh and Carr, you mean Eric Stoltz, Lance in Pulp Fiction.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 26th, 2002, 01:17:03 PM
Yep Eric Stoltz was suppose to play Marty but Zemickis and Gale didn't like how he looked and went to Family Ties producers and begged them to let them have Fox (they wanted Fox originally but Family Ties wouldn't let them have him) I have to say it worked out for the best I could not imagine Stoltz as Marty:x

JMK
Feb 26th, 2002, 01:18:27 PM
If Mark Hamill quit working in movies & tv after Jedi, he wouldn't have had to work another day for the rest of his life. Being Luke Skywalker probably leads to a nice, comfortable early retirement.

ReaperFett
Feb 26th, 2002, 01:23:50 PM
Yeah, but we're talking careers. No matter what now, Viggo Mortensen will always be Aragon.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 26th, 2002, 01:27:37 PM
Hamil has had a pretty good career as a voice actor playing most notably the Joker. Hamil just had some bad movie choices after Star Wars unlike Ford who picked mostly good roles.

ReaperFett
Feb 26th, 2002, 01:38:44 PM
Ford got lucky because of Indy. It meant that he had two major roles, so he wasnt seen as one person, like Hamil.

And Im sorry, but VOs for cartoons is not what Hamil would want to do. Im sure hed rather be acting :)

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 26th, 2002, 01:42:33 PM
I am sure he is just happy working at all, most actors don't get beyond comericials and waiting tables so I consider his career a success.

JMK
Feb 26th, 2002, 02:40:11 PM
Considering he's been in so few movies, and he's probably in the top 10 grossing actors of all time, I would say he made a great career!

Shawn
Feb 26th, 2002, 02:46:06 PM
Honestly, he's just not a great actor. He's mostly been in B movies and J&SBSB. I saw him in the live action version of The Guyver. It was really bad, and his part wasn't particularly outstanding.

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 26th, 2002, 04:38:14 PM
Viggo is actually a actor second - he's an artist first. He does poetry and painting and a fairly decent singer. He got a decent set of art photograps as well. He has exhibitions and stuff even - have a look at the website below and you'll get a feel for someone quite different to the usual Hollywood fare.

http://www.frostyland.com/Viggo/viggo.index.shtml

Pretty cool sort of guy - and he looks nothing like Aragorn in a few of the films he has been in. including one where he did full frontal nudity.

Dont ask me, my wife found them.

ReaperFett
Feb 26th, 2002, 04:46:17 PM
Apparently, he's lead in the next Robert Rodreguez film, called maniac or something like that.

Sith Ahnk
Feb 27th, 2002, 02:27:15 AM
Pretty cool sort of guy - and he looks nothing like Aragorn in a few of the films he has been in. including one where he did full frontal nudity.

Dont ask me, my wife found them.

Theres nothing wrong with seeing a man in the buff, so no need to feel shame brother.
On the subject of typecasting... I don't buy Seven of Nine...er... Jeri Ryan as a teacher on Boston Public. I keep waiting for her to say "Resistence is Futile" and shoot the damn kids out an airlock. Disrepectful sons of bi...
And it sucks that Hamel will always be Luke Skywalker. But at least he has that. Think of how many actors toil away before finally ending up dead or on welfare because they can't support themselves.

Shawn
Mar 3rd, 2002, 03:08:39 PM
I expect FotR to be released on DVD a little earlier than August. After all, The Two Towers comes out in December. And I know that Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone comes out on DVD next month.