PDA

View Full Version : Fanfic/Role Play review.

Integra Hellsing
Feb 24th, 2002, 02:27:50 PM
I’d like to take this opportunity to hear some opinions and or critiques of the Fanifc/Role Play that is near being completed. (only two posts to go at the time of this topic posting)

It is not a simple task to do. It required careful planning and setup and I was curious if any of you had or would read it. If so would you let me know what you think? I would also like to know if you would like to see more chapters of this story posted here.

I know this is a Star Wars message board, but from what I have seen, Vampire stories are not all that uncommon here, and this one in particular does take a much more Science Fiction type twist in about the third chapter.

The link I am now providing is to the first chapter of the story.

<a href=http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12189>Psalm of Darkness: Hellsing Institution (Order 01: Not Human)</a>

Thank you for your time and the use of this web space to present this story. I hope that it will be or was enjoyed by some of you and if you have any comments be they good or bad, they will all be welcomed by me.

And just so everyone knows, this story is not my original concept but is a Japanese Animation, which I have taken the liberty to rewrite to fit in this particular medium.

~Integra W. Hellsing

Sith Ahnk
Feb 24th, 2002, 06:30:13 PM
I'll give it a 2 out of 10, because someone has to be the bad guy

Shawn
Feb 24th, 2002, 06:33:20 PM
Well, I've only looked it over so far, but allow me to say this: Your use of pictures to convey the story is rather ingenious, IMO. I very much approve. I'll have a read later and let you know what I think.

Edit ~ In fact, the more I think about it, the more I really like this idea. I'd love to do something that this myself with yourself and Alucard in the future. This is the first time I've had the urge to do something in months.

Integra Hellsing
Feb 24th, 2002, 09:26:19 PM
The first installment/chapter of the story is now completed.

I thank you Shawn for being honest and sharing your opinion of the idea even though you haven’t had time to read it yet. :)

Myself and my associates tried to make each post have somewhat of a comic book feel, ending in a way that would leave the reader wanting to know what was coming next (turn the page or in this case, read the next post) as often as possible.

I am of the understanding that you and Alucard have spoken by use of the PM system here already, so I suspect that your contacting him to work on some other ideas should not be a problem.

Thank you once again goes out to you and Ahnk as well for sharing his thoughts too.

Sith Ahnk
Feb 24th, 2002, 09:41:34 PM
:lol
I read it. Not too big on the anime stuff and vampires aren't my thingeither. Your way of telling the story, however, deserves commendation.

Morgan Evanar
Feb 24th, 2002, 09:48:03 PM
One: My biggest issue is that its very much not Star Wars. Taurus firearms manufactures actual weapons.

One of those is the Casul. Anyway, you would have been wise to substitute it with a magentic based slug thrower, if your intent is to move on into the rest of the SWFans universe.

There are vampires in the Star Wars universe, and they're fairly well represented by members of the Coven.

While I think it was solid and pretty well executed, theres no tie in to Star Wars. Wheres the technology? Etc etc etc. I've got a laundry list of stuff here, but I think you get the idea.

Integra Hellsing
Feb 24th, 2002, 09:53:24 PM
Is it not feasible that there may be a planet, or even several, in the Star Wars Universe that would be behind in technological aspects?

But I’m not making excuses. As I said before, the story takes a much more Science Fiction type twist in about the third chapter, and with that being the case and there being Vampires here in this Role Play, I thought it appropriate enough to do in this venue.

I do appreciate your comments as well, Thank you. :)

Sith Ahnk
Feb 24th, 2002, 10:02:04 PM
Is it not feasible that there may be a planet, or even several, in the Star Wars Universe that would be behind in technological aspects?

Sure... but it's better to adapt your stories to canon then set new precedents.
Take Frank Harrigan. His Avanger minigun is out, and is replaced with an 80 barrell magnetic slugthrower cannon.

Darth Vader
Feb 24th, 2002, 10:06:11 PM
Is he still a genetically-engineered chief of the United States Secret Service, or did you also drop that aspect?

Sith Ahnk
Feb 24th, 2002, 10:08:14 PM
No. I dropped that.

Shawn
Feb 25th, 2002, 06:47:20 AM
I have absolutely no problem with someone doing an RP that's not necessarily SW related, and the Storytelling forum is a fine place for that. :) In fact, I'd even go so far as to encourage a few more. So long as they understand that it might not necessarily tie into our normal SW Universe.

Having now read it (sorry, the call of sleep was too great :)), I can comment on it fully.

I really, really liked it. Yes, it's not related to Star Wars. But I found it a very welcome and refreshing change of pace. The posts generally flowed together rather well. About my only complaint is that is was a tad short. But then, aren't most comic books? ;)

Integra Hellsing
Feb 25th, 2002, 12:47:06 PM
Much like a comic book, the way it ends is supposed to leave the reader wanting more. :) Thanks again.

Garrett Blade
Feb 25th, 2002, 02:14:25 PM
I enjoyed the story, though I did skim the pages and would like to read it thoroughly at some point, but I think I got the just of things.

The way I interpreted the story seems very different to my understanding of the vampire myth - which comes from White Wolf's Vampire: The Dark Ages and Vampire: The Masquerade roleplaying books. Also I'm not too familiar with the anime versions of vampire stories such as Vampire Hunter and Darkstalkers - though I have played Darkstalkers 2, the beat-em up game with Demitri as the Vampire and some guy named Donovan as some kind of Vampire Hunter who seems to have some ancient Greek heritage to him. If you're familiar with Darkstalkers, it would be interesting to see some other characters from it, such as the ancient mummy guy and that disco zombie guy with the grafitti on his body. I'm sidetracking slightly here and I apologise.

As long as if doesn't negate my characters necromantic abilities and undead powers, I'd look forward to being part of future roleplays with you and whoever else is involved with "Hellsing Institution".

Seras Victoria
Feb 25th, 2002, 05:18:59 PM
Wow! Thank you all very much. :D

I’m sure Alucard would be forgiving of other people’s extablished attributes as they relate to the SWFans universe, if he does decide to join in the regular universe.

As far as I know right now, we are just planning on doing our own character development through use of the comic book style storytelling threads for the time being.

I was just recently informed that we will be starting the second installment later this evening. The story-boards that Integra put together for the topic are all finished and its being discussed now. :)

Shawn
Feb 25th, 2002, 05:32:56 PM
Would you be greatly opposed to doing an RP or two not related to your Psalm of Darkness storyline? :)

Seras Victoria
Feb 25th, 2002, 05:36:18 PM
The second installment helps me get a better handle on my own character, so that being the case, I think that after the second part of Psalm of Darkness is done, that I would be wiling, yes. :)

Zelgadis Graywords
Feb 25th, 2002, 06:13:40 PM
"I'll be waiting..."

Integra Hellsing
Feb 25th, 2002, 06:35:56 PM
I’m not very well versed in “Slayers”, but I do believe that will put a magic man and my Vampires together in the same mix. How interesting that should prove to be. :)

Zelgadis Graywords
Feb 25th, 2002, 06:38:12 PM
Well, I don't necessarily need to stay true to my character's counterpart... it just gives me a ready supply of pictures. :)

Edit ~ Then again, it would be interesting, now that you mention it. After all, isn't vampire mythology rather occult-ish in the first place?

Integra Hellsing
Feb 25th, 2002, 06:45:42 PM
Most definitely they are. Alucard’s abilities in dark magics will be coming more and more into play as Psalm of Darkness progresses. I keep him pretty tightly restricted though. :D

Edit~The second chapter has been started.

<a href=http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12237>Psalm of Darkness: Hellsing Institution
(Order 02: Victim of Changes)</a>

HaeLari Draevyn
Feb 25th, 2002, 08:19:59 PM
Originally posted by Zelgadis Graywords
"I'll be waiting..."

*gawks cuz she loves Slayers and thinks Zelgadis is the best!*

Zelgadis Graywords
Feb 25th, 2002, 09:11:33 PM
The chimera inclines his head in polite acceptance of the compliment.

"Glad you approve."

HaeLari Draevyn
Feb 25th, 2002, 09:16:59 PM
:D :rollin :D

Sith Ahnk
Feb 26th, 2002, 02:45:02 AM
I'd just like to comment on your choice of avatars:
Smoking is bad for you. You should stop that.

Integra Hellsing
Feb 27th, 2002, 09:41:17 PM
I would just like to say that the second chapter is going well and should most likely be completed later today.

Zelgadis Graywords
Feb 27th, 2002, 11:43:22 PM
I need to catch up. :) But I'm very enamoured with your approach.

Seras Victoria
Feb 28th, 2002, 12:45:23 AM
I'm glad that someone likes the idea at least, if not the story as well. It sure is fun to do. :D

By the way, with my last post, chapter 2 is now complete. :)

Sith Ahnk
Feb 28th, 2002, 01:59:57 AM
*goes to look at the pretty pictures*