PDA

View Full Version : Another addition to SWFans FAQ

Champion of the Force
Feb 23rd, 2002, 07:18:54 PM
Pretty straightforward:

Q: Can I change my username?
A: Only administrators have the power to change usernames. Should you wish to have your username changed, contact an administrator and they may change it for you. Be aware however that administrators can only change usernames to another name that hasn't already been registered previously.
After backtracking through OOC and seeing a number of requests to switch posts over to new usernames since the poster screwed their original name up or wanted to alter it, I thought it would be a worthy addition to let people know we can actually change their original username ourselves without them having to re-register all over again.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 23rd, 2002, 11:09:33 PM
Thats cool of course we wouldn't want them to have the power to do it or they would change there nick all the time, like a certain administrator:p just kidding now seriously I think that great idea people might want to change their nick for a lot of reasons.

JMK
Feb 24th, 2002, 09:47:32 AM
That's a very good idea. Many times I wanted to change my username at the old board, but didn't bother inquiring about it. Now I know. :D

TheHolo.Net
Feb 24th, 2002, 10:21:25 PM
:: Nod of approval ::

:)