PDA

View Full Version : I saw the Resident Evil Commercial...

Sith Ahnk
Feb 23rd, 2002, 03:24:29 AM
..and have now lost hope it is anything but a lame attempt to milk a great fanbase into showing up for a third rate piece of crap movie. I still plan on seeing it but am not as optomistic as I was before.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 23rd, 2002, 03:48:39 AM
I saw the trailer and I don't think it will be that good, maybe it will surprise me but I just don't like not including the characters from the games, at least the lickers will be in, I am not sure about the Tyrant probably though. At least Umbrella didn't get shelved.

Sith Ahnk
Feb 23rd, 2002, 03:51:18 AM
That they made a completely new story with completely new characters with a STUPID villian is really... gah, it roasts marshmellows
If Tyrant doesn't show up, I'm kicking some ass
And the dog scene in the commercial... jeez what a lame ass attempt to rip off the Matrix.
Bottom Line: Commercial crap. More dissapointing than the X-Men movie.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 23rd, 2002, 03:55:34 AM
I actually like the X-men movie but I don't think Resident evil will be that good.

Sith Ahnk
Feb 23rd, 2002, 04:23:45 AM
I like the X-Men movie too... which is why I'm dissapointed at how crappy RE looks.
*points at Tomb Raider*
YOUR FAULT!

ReaperFett
Feb 23rd, 2002, 07:58:40 AM
Tomb Raider was good too :)

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 23rd, 2002, 08:08:57 AM
It

Was

NOT

Tomb Raider was bloody awful. And yes, I have finally had the misfortune of seeing it. Somehow I doubt Resident Evil will be any better. As I have said before, games being transferred to a movie is a bad idea. It's just not going to work.

JMK
Feb 23rd, 2002, 09:01:32 AM
I don't know that much about RE, all I remember is playing part 2 with surround sound on and nearly crapping myself. I saw the trailer, and it just looked like it was going to be another check-your-brain-at-the-door and watch the effects & action type thing.

ReaperFett
Feb 23rd, 2002, 09:51:32 AM
Mortal Kombat was good :)

Shawn
Feb 23rd, 2002, 10:47:50 AM
Actually, changing the story of the game was probably a good idea. I mean, don't we have enough 'Haunted House' type movies already?

I'm fairly certain that it's going to be a mediocre movie at best.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 23rd, 2002, 12:45:38 PM
The movie I think still takes place in a mansion, actually Capcom is saying this is a prequel to the first game (I know they are working on a prequal game as we speak) probably of the first team where only two survived, still that doesn't mean the movie will be any good.

Shawn
Feb 23rd, 2002, 01:01:59 PM
Er, have you seen the trailer, JMC? It takes place in an Umbrella Corp laboratory. Basically, there's an outbreak of the T Virus and the building's AI (called 'the Red Queen') locks everyone inside. A special force team is sent inside to investigate, where they're set upon by a singular 'Licker'.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 23rd, 2002, 01:16:25 PM
I have seen the trailer, I thought in the trailer they said that it was a mansion with a secert lab in it. I know in the game that is the way it was the lab was in the basement. Either way I bet they say it is a prequel but to me that cheapens it they are trying to make a prequel so they could make a game out of it and then save the other games for later movies.

Sith Ahnk
Feb 23rd, 2002, 11:06:34 PM
Mortal Kombat was good
So was X-Men
Tomb Raider, you ****ed it up for all of us

I don't know that much about RE, all I remember is playing part 2 with surround sound on and nearly crapping myself. I saw the trailer, and it just looked like it was going to be another check-your-brain-at-the-door and watch the effects & action type thing.
Dead on brother.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 23rd, 2002, 11:10:59 PM
RE 2 was the scariest game I ever played.

Shawn
Feb 24th, 2002, 01:59:03 AM
If you call suspiciously changing the camera angle so you just know that something's going to jump through that one-way mirror "scary", then sure. :) Myself, I found it much too predictable and cheesy. Now, don't get me wrong: I rather liked RE2 (I thought the first game was atrocious). But it's not what I'd consider scary, in any way.

There's two games that get the scare factor down properly: System Shock 2 and Silent Hill. Thief: the Dark Project can be very scary at times, but that's not the main focus of the game.

Sith Ahnk
Feb 24th, 2002, 02:51:17 AM
If you call suspiciously changing the camera angle so you just know that something's going to jump through that one-way mirror "scary", then sure. Myself, I found it much too predictable and cheesy. Now, don't get me wrong: I rather liked RE2 (I thought the first game was atrocious). But it's not what I'd consider scary, in any way.

There's two games that get the scare factor down properly: System Shock 2 and Silent Hill. Thief: the Dark Project can be very scary at times, but that's not the main focus of the game.

Resident Evil has always had great story. It's too bad the voice acting in part one was ****, the rest of the game rocked the socks.

I totally agree on System Shock 2. And you say the scares in RE 2 were cheesy and predictable... yet you commend Silent Hill. I played Silent Hill... *yawn*

Nemisis is good for the shocks too. You always say "Oh ****" when that big bastard shows up.

JonathanLB
Feb 24th, 2002, 04:29:20 AM
I thought the trailer looked awesome, I cannot wait to see it. Looks super tight.

Plus, Tomb Raider was great, X-Men was a masterpiece. I saw X-Men four times in theaters, a few times on DVD so far, I love it. But Spider-Man will be even better I think/hope :)

Tomb Raider was great, saw it about two or three times in theaters I forget exactly. I think it was three actually. Great film.

Resident Evil will be good, the trailer was tight, but I don't care about whether it "stays true to the video game," that doesn't matter as far as it being a good film obviously. It could be totally unrelated and slap "Resident Evil" as the title and still be a good movie. I think it looks good, though I never even played the games more than a few times at some arcade in Las Vegas I think it was.

Gav Mortis
Feb 24th, 2002, 11:57:16 AM
The trailer for RE has put me off completely. I might go and see it but I doubt I'll enjoy it.

Spiderman looks good. I can imagine a couple of sequals spinned of from that in the future.

Tomb Raider, apart from Angelina Jolie, just doesn't interest me at all. Hence I wont rent it or buy it, if it pops up on TV I might watch it.

X-Men was a marvellous film. I can't wait to see the next two movies, they are going to be brilliant. You can't go wrong with Patrick Stuart as Xavier and Ian McKellen as Magneto. :)

Garrett Blade
Feb 24th, 2002, 12:11:04 PM
Resident Evil 2 is, in my opinion, the best RE game to date. The characters, enemies and plot were fantastic. And the end theme for Leon Scenario B was superb!

It's up to us to take out Umbrella!

As for scariest games, System Shock 2 is mine so far. For ultimate scariness - play it with the lights off, earphones on and volume right up!

Alec Lafeyette
Feb 24th, 2002, 12:33:44 PM
Maybe it was the fact that I played RE when I was no more than 8-10 years old that I thought it was scariest among them all, so my opinion doesn't count. But now that Nintendo is remaking every single RE game plus making a few more for Gamecube, they look pretty awesome.

ReaperFett
Feb 24th, 2002, 02:43:57 PM
Toad MADE X-Men the film it was. The dancing, the one liners, the Darth Maul moment, the bird...

:)

Sith Ahnk
Feb 24th, 2002, 06:34:24 PM
Wolverine was good too

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 24th, 2002, 06:44:47 PM
Wolverine made the movie IMO, but I did like Mckellan as Magneto he made him look human instead of some evil villain who is just completely unrealistic which Magneto is not. I am looking foward to the sequel its deals with the sentiles (according to the rumors) and the team is going to include Nightcrawler and Iceman (I guess with an expanded role from what he had in the first film)

Shawn
Feb 24th, 2002, 06:48:15 PM
Nightcrawler has always been my favorite X-Man. :)

Personally, I thought Magneto made the movie, although Wolverine definitely contributed greatly. After all, they say that you can judge a man by the enemies he has.

ReaperFett
Feb 24th, 2002, 06:50:05 PM
Wolverine did nothing special for me. Wasn't bad by any means. Didn't like how little most of the other characters got though. Thank god they removed Beast(They merged her with "Dr" Jean Grey), else there could have been more 2D than a SNES character convention

Sith Ahnk
Feb 24th, 2002, 07:55:46 PM
I like Beast
And Wolverine is cool. He's like THE Canadian