PDA

View Full Version : Going for Gold

Laran Katern
Feb 22nd, 2002, 03:48:17 PM
I'ts on official yet, but it might as well be. up 5-1 and going to be in the gold medal game =) Bring on the US. bring on Russia. We're flying now and playing like the best

Props to Belarus though, played a good game, and their goalie who isn't in the NHL will be very shortly

http://www.pch.gc.ca/ceremonial-symb/images/canada_flag.gif

Vega Van-Derveld
Feb 22nd, 2002, 03:55:24 PM
;; cheers for England in the curling ;; :crack

Daemon Hyfe
Feb 22nd, 2002, 04:07:14 PM
Bel-a-rus, bel-a-rus!

Sanis Prent
Feb 22nd, 2002, 04:50:47 PM
(shrugs)

Darth Viscera
Feb 22nd, 2002, 04:55:21 PM
North America rules!

Sanis Prent
Feb 22nd, 2002, 04:57:04 PM
I'd watch the hockey, but I'm busy with party preparations. I'll be cooking on the grill all morning tomorrow, then settling down for the Bama vs Florida game. After that, putting on my party clothes and getting jiggy with Mr. Keg.

Seth Darkserpent
Feb 22nd, 2002, 05:01:47 PM
Go Canada Go :D:crack :rollin

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 22nd, 2002, 06:31:56 PM
Russia vs USA could be veeeerrrrrryyyyyy interesting to watch

ReaperFett
Feb 22nd, 2002, 06:37:51 PM
especially if Russia walks out first :)

Sith Ahnk
Feb 22nd, 2002, 07:57:57 PM
It's offical-Canada rules at hockey

Seth Darkserpent
Feb 22nd, 2002, 08:03:16 PM
Third period here.

3-2 USA.

Intense game :)

Admiral Lebron
Feb 22nd, 2002, 08:37:55 PM
yay

Sith Ahnk
Feb 22nd, 2002, 09:11:41 PM
It's the United States against Canada for the Gold Medal.

Laran Katern
Feb 23rd, 2002, 01:24:49 AM
here's my preview for the game, cause i'm a hockey geek

It's going to come down to a battle of the goalies. Both Canada and the US possess blazing speed and numerous snipers. Canada's defence is more mobile and better all around then the US's, but they have some nasty hitters there.

The US's offence has been better throughout the tourney, but they've looked lost in a couple of games and were lucky against the russians when they tied them. They're going to need a huge game from Mike Ricther (their goalie) if they want to win. He's always played well on the world stage, and almost single handedly beat canada at the worlds a couple of years back. Can his knees hold up though......

Canada's offence finally came around against Belarus, granted they were a much weaker team. they're going to need consistent performances from their younger players, and everyone is going to have to play disciplined. Brodeur (canada's goalie) is going to have to play solid and not let in any weak goals like he has in the tourney already.

All in all, it's going to be a tight checking, hard hitting game, with the little things winning the game. The goalies are going to decide this one.

No matter which way this game goes, it's good for the game of hockey, good for North America and good for the fans. Gonna be a great game.

Lady Vader
Feb 23rd, 2002, 03:37:11 AM
:crack I'm still rootin for the good ol' USA!!! :crack

Vinny Red
Feb 23rd, 2002, 03:43:14 AM
Oh, and i'm still going for Good Ole CANADA

And i'm even going to go out on a limb and call it... 3-2 Canada Final.

:rollin

Sith Ahnk
Feb 23rd, 2002, 03:45:29 AM
Heres my preview for the game

It's going to come down to a battle of the goalies. Both Canada and the US possess blazing speed and numerous snipers. Canada's defence is more mobile and better all around then the US's, but they have some nasty hitters there.

The US's offence has been better throughout the tourney, but they've looked lost in a couple of games and were lucky against the russians when they tied them. They're going to need a huge game from Mike Ricther (their goalie) if they want to win. He's always played well on the world stage, and almost single handedly beat canada at the worlds a couple of years back. Can his knees hold up though......

Canada's offence finally came around against Belarus, granted they were a much weaker team. they're going to need consistent performances from their younger players, and everyone is going to have to play disciplined. Brodeur (canada's goalie) is going to have to play solid and not let in any weak goals like he has in the tourney already.

All in all, it's going to be a tight checking, hard hitting game, with the little things winning the game. The goalies are going to decide this one.

No matter which way this game goes, it's good for the game of hockey, good for North America and good for the fans. Gonna be a great game.

Live Wire
Feb 23rd, 2002, 03:46:37 AM
I have no predictions except its gonna be a good game and as long as both teams play their best I dont care who wins. As long as its a good show thats all that matters.

Sith Ahnk
Feb 23rd, 2002, 03:48:12 AM
And yes Vinny red I know I stole your predictions exactly. It's a compliment, and a confirmation to hw lazy I am

Vinny Red
Feb 23rd, 2002, 03:53:05 AM
Well it is going to be an excellent game. It's a testament to the skill which abounds our two great countries. We should all be proud.

ps - we're still gonna win :D

Sith Ahnk
Feb 23rd, 2002, 04:00:11 AM
Of course we are

Khan Surak
Feb 24th, 2002, 05:33:07 PM
:(

5-2 Canada over the USA.

Yeah, well, your national anthem is still wimpy.

Sumor Rayial
Feb 24th, 2002, 05:40:15 PM
CANADA WINS!!!

Now all we need is the Leafs to win the cup and the Raps to make at least a decent showing in the playoffs and all will be good in the world.

P.S. I can't think of a good comeback for the athem thing, your pretty much right on that one.

Jyanis Scorpion
Feb 24th, 2002, 05:48:39 PM
Yeah, well with my glowing heart my foot'll rise up to kick your ass if you say one more damn thing about my national anthem.

Khan Surak
Feb 24th, 2002, 05:50:41 PM
Indeed :D

Darth Lynch
Feb 24th, 2002, 09:02:57 PM
A fight involving hockey?

Who would have thunk it...eh?

Oh yeah.

We win!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wahoo.

Sith Ahnk
Feb 24th, 2002, 09:10:27 PM
The Canucks are going to win the cup

Lady Vader
Feb 25th, 2002, 01:00:06 AM
Yes, I'm sad the USA lost, but I'm also happy we were able to play a good game and get away with a medal anyhow.

Besides, it'd been 50 some odd years since Canada had won a gold medal in their big-deal game of hockey, so I'm happy for em. :)